Question about Thank You notes and Vendors

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Question about Thank You notes and Vendors
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:07 PM

Now that we're back from the honeymoon, I'm planning on working on our Thank You notes, but I was wondering - do we sent ones to our vendors?

Our cake lady was very good about working with us and finding a way to get our cake topper to work (it was tad bit heavy) and the cake tasted wonderful, plus she's the mother of one of DH's coworkers (which is why we went with her). 

Our DJs also did an excellent job and even though we haven't gotten our proofs yet, our photographer was a pleasure to work with.

Obviously I would wait to the send photographer one until we get our proofs, incase they completely suck, but is it normal to send Thank You's to your vendors or am I just being crazy?

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Re: Question about Thank You notes and Vendors
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

My understanding is that the absolute best way to thank your vendors is to either write them a letter of recommendation or tell them to use you as a reference in the future. As far as I can tell, every bridal book tells you to ask everyone for references (sorry, I'm antsy today), so I'm sure that they appreciate having grateful customers willing to help them sell their services to other future customers that more than anything else. 

So, I would send them a thank-you note, but more in the form of something they could show to future clients? 

Just my 0.02

Message was edited by: karebeartg

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

I absolutely plan on writing thank yous to any vendors that I enjoy working with! So far I am really excited about all of my vendors, and it is the least I can do for someone whose buisness runs so much on word of mouth. : )

I will also tell them to offer my name as a reference.

October 18th, here we come!

STBMrsDreyfous Posts : 125 Registered: 3/26/08
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

I think it is perfectly appropriate to send a Thank you to your vendors. I would make it more like a Thank you LETTER though. Something that they could use to show their current or future customers that they have done good work in the past.

:)

~Becca

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else..."

<3 May 9, 2009 <3

MissMac Posts : 142 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: STBMrsDreyfous

I own a mobile spa and we get Thank-you cards / letters from our Brides and it makes us feel soo good.  I would definitely suggest doing so and if they have a comment section on their website it would be a nice gesture to place a nice comment there as well
True Love is gift from God

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

A personal thank you note is nice, but what will help them is a professional letter of recommendation and allowing them to use you as a reference to get future clients.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

+++Really Useful Wedding Junk+++

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine