Random questions regarding my upcoming wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

firstweddinginn... Posts : 77 Registered: 9/15/07
Random questions regarding my upcoming wedding
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 7:41 PM

Ok guys,

1 Month 1week to my wedding.....I have a few questions that I have not found the answer for yet...

1. I heard that it is customary to invite the minister to the reception. I dont really know my minister and we only 'talk' through email to set things up for the wedding. So is it ok to invite her through email? Or do I send her an invitation?

2. The RSVP'S are in...and we have alot less people attending than we originally anticipated. We told the caterer and rehersal dinner hall that 60 people would be coming (destination wedding) and got prices based on that number. It turns out that 40 people are coming. Will the caterer and rehersal dinner hall change their prices because of the change in head count?

3. What kind of underwear do you wear for the wedding? Thong, ganny panties, boy shorts? I am comfortable in a thong but assume a bunch of friends and family will be around helping me get dressed...what is customary?

4. Who gets tipped? Minister, band, bartender, caterer....does the photographer? Wedding planner? anyone else?

Thats it for now! I appreciate any help I can get!

dress005-1.jpg picture by tashacopi

cant wait to wear my dress on 11-1-08!

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: Random questions regarding my upcoming wedding
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

1. It is customary to invite your officiant (and his/her SO) to the reception.  Unless they are close to the family they usually decline.  You should sent them an invitation, not an e-mail.

2.  It really depends on the contract you have with your caterer and their written policy.  If you didn't get the policies in writing, you'll have to speak with them and find out.  Customarily, the minimum HC (if there is one) is covered in the catering agreement.

3.  Wear the underthings you would be comfortable with and feel bridal in.  You don't need to be in your bare skivvies - most dresses require a slip and you can put that on in privacy before needing help with your dress.

4.  Unless there is a formal fee established, it is customary to tip the officiant and any assisting alcolytes (if applicable).  Tipping your vendors isn't required, but is always appreciated and is especially appropriate if they provide you excellent service.  Most caterers will include a tip as a surcharge in their service and frequently so will bartenders, so check to see if that is included in your costs.

Love2uKiss

122 91 22 9
RSVP Date September 24

firstweddinginn... Posts : 77 Registered: 9/15/07
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

Thanks!

dress005-1.jpg picture by tashacopi

cant wait to wear my dress on 11-1-08!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

1.As the PP said, yes, send an invitation to your officiant. Mince came, but really only stayed for dinner.

2.The only way to know if the cost will go down is to read your contract and call your vendors. We were given a per-head quote so we didn't know our final total until we turned in the dinner counts a week before the wedding. Some places are different, though.

3. I wore zero pantyline, flesh toned, boy shorts (my dress was a layer of silk then a layer of lace, so pantylines would deffinately show). If you would feel sexiest in a thong, wear it. Those helping you get dressed are the women closest to you, so do you really care if they see your bum? They probably won't care. But, you know your ladies best.

4. Tipping, minister, musicians (reception and ceremony) deffinately, as well as transportation vendors (limo).

The photographer, I'm not sure. I don't think we did, But I wrote him, the DJ, and the florist RAVE reviews, and they really seemed to appreciate that.

As for the caterer and bartenders- their tip is usually included in your reception costs,

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

lin and nate

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

Yes you should invite the priest to the reception.  He may not come, mine didn't, but send him an invite anyway.   

Yes the site will, or should, adjust price according to number attending.  We got a rather large refund based on our actual head count.

Wear any undergarments you feel most comfortable in and that work with your dress.

The Priest should get something, I gave ours $50,Check your contracts and see if tipping is included or not.  Tip whomever you wish.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine