Anyone else not actually engaged yet?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 47

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Re: Anyone else not actually engaged yet?
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: Sophieee

I am engaged but we are having a long engagement b/c of some of the same reasons.  We are both finishing school this Spring 2009, but I am going to grad school and he is going to law school. Also we want to make sure we are financially stable to support ourselves and have good jobs when we get married.  We are planing for a 2011 wedding if everything we have planned goes through ... if not we will push the wedding back because the fact is we love each other and we are going to get married.

In the beg. of my engagement I was so excited I just wanted it to happen but once the excitement came down I saw reality in that we have to wait and right now we are both just really enjoying our engagement.

Message was edited by: Ariana1228

Sabtacular Posts : 4 Registered: 5/22/07
Posted: Aug 15, 2008 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: Sophieee

Hahaha yeah, he's such a nerd.

And I know that the wedding and everything is super far away, but I can't help it- I've already "picked out" waaay too many things- colours, the dress, flowers..-from magazines and whatnot lol

bklynbellabride... Posts : 1 Registered: 8/25/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: Sabtacular

Im not engaged yet either.... lol... My b/f and I have been together 7 yrs. and I know that he's gonna be saving for my ring soon... Im sooo excited !!!!... We aren't gettin married in 2011 though, so that we can save and we will also be together 10 yrs. by then so it will be a nice way for us to celebrate the milestone. He already knows the setting I want for my ring so now I just have to wait...lol...  

LOVE- It isn't about who you live with.... It's about who you can't live without

- Unknown

Message was edited by: bklynbellabridetobe

CheerfulMe Posts : 11 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: Sophieee

Phew! Im not the only .. hehe

We are pretty much on the same boat! My boyfriend is done with college, I graduate in May. We know we are getting married in September of next year but since I wanted him to surprise me with the proposal -- he's reaaaally making me wait! =) So no we are not oficially engaged but we are definitely talking wedding business....

I felt the same way you did. I needed a place to talk about our big day and keep every thing in one place. I love this site I have absolutely everything about my wedding in my clippings and as soon as he proposes we are going to get to it... yesterday marked a year before our set date so we need to get rolling!!

Best of luck with your studies and soon to be fiancee (crossed fingers)

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: CheerfulMe

I'm so glad someone else said that... I felt backwards before.  FH prosed on 8/9/08 (one month today!); however, we were neck deep in plans well before then.   Basically, we went together and designed my ring.  He wanted to do something theatrical and he wanted the ring ready when he did.   So I knew it was coming, just a question of WHEN.  At that point, I was confused what to call him.  We weren't engaged....because he had not proposed.  But we were planning a wedding.   (And HE started it!  With "would you mind if I wore a kilt" and then asking his groomsmen.  He actually asked four people before I stopped him and explained that 4 was too many for each side since we were having a small wedding.  FORTUNATELY, I was willing to take on one of his, and she's excited to be a bridesmaid... and he'd only asked them to be in the wedding party <G>  My FH is extremely hands on.)  And yes, it was EXTREMELY "theatrical".... at the final curtain call of the play were in, he proposed in front of the audience.

Misty

Babilu Posts : 26 Registered: 9/9/08
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: Sophieee

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 2 years, living together for a little over a year and we have discussed getting married and the whole nine yards. All of his friends got married (some are going to get married) this year and they all pressure us with the question, "so when is your turn?". My boyfriend has said that he will pop the question sometime before he turns 30 (which will be in April 2009), so hopefully it won't be long. He's taken me to Tiffany's to look around and we've even discussed wedding locations.

Until then, thoughts of wedding has been filling my mind! So to keep myself from going absolutely insane, I decided to register with this site. I can't tell you what a relief it is to see that I am not alone!

PlayingMyCards Posts : 29 Registered: 8/2/08
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: Babilu

Babilu - your situation is almost exactly the same as mine!  My BF and I have been dating almost 2.5 years and have been living together for just over a year.  We've talked about marriage and yes, all of our friends are saying "When's the ring coming??"  He just recently told me he's "working on" getting the ring, and that I should have by the end of the year.  Squee!  In the meantime, I'm totally consumed with wedding details floating around in my mind and SO glad there are like-minded people out there :-)
"It's not the hand that you're dealt, but how you're playing your cards."

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: PlayingMyCards

OMG, how funny is that??? And for a good time I thought I was just being obssessive! I guess it's completely normal then...hahaha

I actually like it that I've started to look around for wedding stuff so much in advance...it's helping me figure out exactly what my style is and what I want and don't want. Wink

CheerfulMe Posts : 11 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: Babilu

Babilu - what an amazing proposal idea! As soon as mine proposes I will definitely post how it was... =)

As for now just playing the waiting game, Smile I almost gave in and said I didnt want a surprise but I knew I would regret it later so Im hanging in tight! Our situation is so hard, we live one hour apart so it is close enough to see eachother just not as often as we wish we could. So the sooner we can spend everyday under the same roof the better. I cant wait for next year!

Anyone else counting down the seconds? 

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: CheerfulMe

We had a wedding in Spain 2 weeks ago and on the way there we stopped in Paris for 1 day. I had it in my head that he was going to propose there, I mean c'mom...it's PARIS! But no...I was a little bummed (ok a lot!) but I know it's happening soon. We have another trip coming up in 2 weeks (another wedding) so maybe then? Are there any clues I should be looking for?

FutureSiria Posts : 1 Registered: 9/3/08
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 1:36 AM Go to message in response to: Sophieee

I am 100% in the same shoes. My bf and I talk about out wedding and the details as if we are engaged but not yet! We also wanted to wait until we graduate so as of right now it looks like we will be going to Cozumel in 2010 with tons of our family and friends to tie the knot! I love coming on here and releasing all my wedding energy.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: FutureSiria

Isn't it frustrating? To make matters worse for me, this year we had (and I am not joking) 12 weddings to attend!!! And that's not all...in the past 3 months 2 of his friends proposed to their girlfriends of less than 1 year! It's complete torture so I told my bf not to talk about any wedding stuff anymore because it's making me to insane! Sometimes he'll mention things like "so..you're going to marry me right?" and I say "sorry, you'll only know the answer when you actually propose!"

Princess4ever Posts : 1 Registered: 9/12/08
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 2:09 AM Go to message in response to: Sophieee

Hey, Well i'm right there with you girl. I love my boyfriend so much too. I love getting ideas on wedding dresses and its fun to just think about all the small details that go into planning.

PlayingMyCards Posts : 29 Registered: 8/2/08
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: Babilu

"so..you're going to marry me right?" and I say "sorry, you'll only know the answer when you actually propose!"

LOL, I would say "Um, you're GOING to propose, right?" Hehe

P.S. YEAH, I'm counting down the seconds!  How many left now??

"It's not the hand that you're dealt, but how you're playing your cards."

Sabtacular Posts : 4 Registered: 5/22/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: CheerfulMe

Updates!

1) My bf dropped the grade average I need to get to a 9.5! LOL

2) He then went on to say to expect a very crappy gift for our 3yr anniversary....which is next July. I'm suspicious. hahaha :P

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine