Confessions

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5,855

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Re: Confessions
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Kelley, if you're jealous of people who have more money than you, here's a little story for you. . .

This past Saturday I had a book club meeting with several other women, all who make more money than me.  Now hubby and I don't do badly, but we have HUGE school debt and live in an expensive areal, so we aren't exactly rolling in it.  Anyways, I'm talking to these women, all who I really like and aren't superficial at all, but we are talking about politics and Palin and how we would manage having children and a full time job and I realize that I'm the only one there who does not have a maid. 

Seriously, all these woman have maids.  And fully expect to have nannies when they have kids.  And don't get me wrong, that's awesome, especially since they plan on continuing to work full-time, but I know for a fact that that's just not going to be an option for hubs and me.  And it was weird.  They also have large flat screen tvs in their homes and aren't using their college futon as a couch.

*sigh*  Jealousy sucks. 

Then I go back to my hometown where all my friends make cosiderably less than I do and I feel guilty for even feeling like hubs and I don't have any money. 

Money sucks. 

Anyways, I confess that I made cupcakes last night.  Not even because I wanted a cupcake -- I just wanted to lick the bowl.  And I made chocolate frosting just so I could lick that bowl too. 

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I confess I love being married b/c I finally get the whole "using sex to get what you want." This is fun!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MrsD - I can beat that. My STUDENTS all have nannies and maids. Well their parents do, but point is, I have to hear about it all the time from them. These 18 and 19yr olds saying stuff like "Well our Nanny quit last week so its been a rough week" and they are completely serious, and here I am trying to keep a straight face. THATS a "rough week" for you? When your nanny quits? Wow. Housekeepers, nannies, everyone on Long Island has them. Yard boys - now THATS a good one. THey hire people to mow their lawns AND to walk their dogs. Dog Walkers. Professional dog walkers - its a huge thing in NYC. People with money and jobs with long hours dont walk their own dogs. They HIRE someone to do that. Grrrrr. I dont know why that makes me angry it just does.

Tanis that would drive me nuts with the football. I dont get the watching of all the sports shows and Im a sports fan. Well baseball mainly. And I do watch the post game show,but thats it. I dont watch nine other shows that repeat what they JUST said on the postgame show. lol.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I confess that I do not understand people who shave off their eyebrows to just draw them on again.  There is a woman in my office that does that and it makes me nuts.  Sometimes I look at her and she looks like she is puzzled all day.  Sometimes they are uneven and that is just weird.  Sometimes she looks like she is made at the world.  It is just the way her eyebrows are drawn on that day.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Ariana that is great!!  I would have had a dog party for my doggie (he turned 1 on August 20th) but we live in a third floor condo and don't have a yard.  However he does go to doggie day care and they were having a party for all the August birthdays on a MOnday and my doggie normally goes on Thursdays - well that week he went on both days so we could go to the party!!  They had a cake there for him and he got presents when he got home!!

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I confess that although I love you all dearly that I am too tired to reply to everyone's confessions even though I'm sure I have some funny comments to add.

I'll say this.  I had to get a real job because my nanny had sex with my cat.  He told me about it.  I asked FH why he didn't do anything about it.  He said that she cleaned the litter box so it made it all OK.  I'm so tired. 

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I confess I'd allow my nanny to have sex with our cats if she cleaned the litter boxes. Send your nanny my way. We need some clean litter boxes!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley,

Williams-Sonoma carries S3 Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate Mix!  And yes, it is EXACTLY the same as they use in the restaurant (I used to work down the street from S3.)

Go and indulge!!

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Hmmmm good to know Pamlin. Ill have to check that out. Yummy frozen hot chocolate. Mmmmmmm. But I also want some CHicken Pot Pie from Serendipity 3 LOL. I just wanna go there I think. I dont wanna make it myself. I want to be pampered!!!

I confess that right now I HATE HATE HATE my husbands company that he works for. Hes an EMT and works for a hospital and today he told me they are switching Health insurance providers on us AGAIINNN!!!!! This is literally the THIRD time they have switched in about a 4 - 5 month period. INsane. And EACH time I have to spend forever on the phone, getting new doctors, making new appointments, waiting for cards to come in the mail, finding out what THEIR policies are ... I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

hate thread much?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

Our Wedding Website

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley- I feel your pain.  The problem is that the insurance companies don't give a darn about you as a person.  I worked there UHC for 2 years.  They made it harder and harder each day to pay claims to doctors.  The doctors don't care if the insurance company pays them because they'll get more money if they bill you- the member.  The employers (ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY) give the worst benefits to their employees.  I don't get that!  It's bull!  Seriously. 

Example:  I worked for UHC.  We only had the option of having a HRA/HSA account.  This is the policy type where you have to meet a deductible out of pocket then you pay a coinsurance (typically 10% of the bill) until you meet a second deductible.  You have TWO seperate amounts for in network (or participating) doctors vs. out of network (non-par) doctors.  Our policy for FH and I was $60/two week pay period.  Our deductible out of pocket for in network doctors was $2200 then 10% for another $1800 out of pocket in a calendar year.

Now I work for a hotel.  We have Cigna.  We pay $25/two week pay period.  We have a copay of $15 for any doctor with no referrals.  Surgery is $100 for day sugery and $200 for in hospital stays (i.e. overnight). 

Personally, that's bullshit.  Straight up bullshit.  I was busting my ass for the insurance company when I was working there.  I did my best to review claims like I was a real person.  I would work appeals as if I was that person receiving a $10,000 bill.  For what?  To be told to bend over a little farther while they stuck it to me.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I turned on my PC just to vent to you guys.  I want to F'in cry.  FH is now thinking of moving our wedding to Orlando.  Are you kidding me?  Since I get discounts at any Wyndham, now he thinks losing our deposit at the Plaza, redoing every STD and invitation, finding new vendors, and basically the WHOLE wedding in 6 months is no big deal. 

I want to die.  Fuck it.  I'll elope by myself.  Updates tomorrow.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 8:09 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush TELL HIM what a BIG DEAL it really IS. Sit him down and explain in specifics what each portion costs, what youve done so far to make it happen, and how huuuge of a pain in the ass it will be to change things now. Not worth it. He will see it if you show him. Men are clueless. You have to talk to him like hes five.

I was up at 430am to bring DH to work this morning so I can have the car. Bleh. Gotta go to an ultrasound followup for my mammogram I had. Leaving soon. THen renewing my drivers license and then shopping. Hopefully Ill be done early with all that like 1pm or something. I dont know how the hell people get up this early (430am) and function. Its friggin DARK out still.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Mush I agree with Kelley. You have to S-P-E-L-L it out for him. From what I have heard a lot of brides experience the "FH thinks he has just come up with the best idea for the wedding ever, and of course it would require changing the entire plan" syndrome. In my case after we had our houses and reception room booked and had agreed immediate family only EH said "What about my extended family?" So asked how many people that would be & his response was "Lets see my dad has 13 brothers and sisters...." Hell no we can't have the same plan for 20 people as for 120 people. We would have to cancel everything. When I pointed out that we couldn't actually afford $100,000 wedding and how we would lose thousands in deposits he changed his mind pretty quick. You might want to mention also that you just started new job and can't be taking time off to chat with vendors etc and how you will have a lot less time to redo wedding and how much he would have to do (also very effective).

Kelley I also agree that 4:30 am is way too early. I have to get EH to snoring surgery by 5:30 am tomorrow which means 4:00 am wakeup. Good luck on your ultra sound.

My confession is that I think I will watch tv all day today as EH will be home for 5 days in a row.

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Cyclist - I must say that it was the cutest thing ....

Our dog has separation anxienty (probably b/c we took him with us all the time when he was smaller - he was 3 lbs) ... and we are afraid to send him to doggie day care, however he does stay with FH's grandparents on Tuesdays and they love having him over - they are in there 80s mind you!!!

Other than that we try to take turns between his family or mine watching them when they can while we're at work and school ... sometimes I take him to work or FH will (he works at a park I work in an office) otherwise he has to stay home alone. But he has been getting better!! Laughing

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine