Any Pennsylvania brides?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 108

HeatherJoel Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/07
Re: Any Pennsylvania brides?
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Hi PA girls! Just re-opening this thread to see how everyone is doing so far since it's been months since we've visited this thread.

:)

ChucksGrl0215 Posts : 407 Registered: 8/27/07
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

Well I'm doing pretty good when it comes to the planning. We have the reception site, church, photographer, dj, transportation and honeymoon all booked. I'm a big planner if you can't tell. We are now looking into a day of coordinator. Is anyone else having one of those?

www.mywedding.com/meghanandchuck

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

I've been debating it for the past few days but the funds aren't looking possible, so we're having Joel's aunt help us out at the church and then using the coordinator at the reception site and the caterer/dj working together to help us at the party.

You do have a lot done! I just finished paying the florist and the caterer and got him my final numbers. I just have to pay the photographer, the dj and the bar bill. Then I'm good to go!

I think... ;)

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

Yeah that's what I am thinking of doing too since our funds aren't looking too good. Are you getting excited with only 12 days away?

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

It hasn't hit me yet. I think it's because I'm so busy thinking about what else we need to do that I haven't had time to really stop and think that I get married the weekend after next.

It's almost surreal.

MrsC82208 Posts : 56 Registered: 7/31/08
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

PA bride here ! Just married 08/22/08!

We live in Philadelphia, but the wedding was in the Scranton area.

Check the link for pics:

http://stephanieandmikeswedding.shutterfly.com/ 

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: MrsC82208

Your pictures are gorgeous Mrs. C! You both look so happy!

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

awwww, thank you so much ! Good luck to you! 12 more days. These are the worst! People actually still responding and then those who actually did respond now can't come. ARRGGHH! It will be worth EVERY minute of stress, but don't forget to laugh and have fun. It's all about you so smile and be sure to enjoy every single minute. You will be surrounded by people who love you and you don't get that too often, 

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: MrsC82208

Hey Mrs.C! Your pictures are gorgeous:) I was wondering since you got married in the Scranton area if you could recommend any DJ's? We're going to get married in the Wilkes Barre area and are having a hard time finding a DJ. How did you choose yours? What questions did you ask them? We are looking at Sounds of Music, ABC DJ Entertainment and Pirate DJ's.....anyone ever hear of any of them? I just get nervous thinking about signing somone without seeing them in action. There were others we were looking at but they already are booked for our date (booooo).

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

well we used Frankie Carll productions. They were very professional and the sound system was fantastic. BUT he didn't really play the kinds of songs we wanted, but the only people who noticed were me and Mike.  It depends on what you want. If you want particular music and a certain vibe of music I wouldn't rule out an ipod and hiring somone to do the announcements, and renting the right equipment. 

The DJ definitely did his job, but we kind of wanted a different vibe and he didn't really play the kinds of dance songs we wanted, like i kept waiting for my favoite songs to come on while he played old time rock and roll and shout. If that's what you want I would highly reccommend them.  

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsC82208

MrsC your pics look great. I love you dress and cake.

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

PA bride here. Just purchased a home in PA and our reception is going to be in Eastern PA, just north of the lehigh valley area (though our ceremony is in NJ at the shore). It is just shy of a year away so now I feel like I really need to start getting on top of things....or go take a long relaxing bath and not think about it for a while...definately one of those.
When is my wedding

ChrisandKait Posts : 14 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Northwestern PA bride. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find photographers/caterers/djs/etc that aren't based out of Pittsburgh. Having a backyard wedding at your parents' house in podunk, small town, PA is the pits.
URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/c29219ede90937e6.gif[/IMG][/URL]

IceBride Posts : 27 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

Wow! So many Pittsburgh brides! Well, add me to that list!

We're getting married October 3, 2009 at Our Lady of Fatima in Hopewell. Our reception is at The Fez, which is not even two minutes down the road from our church. 

Mandygrl26 Posts : 94 Registered: 5/21/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: IceBride

Jessica- I'm also from around the pittsburgh area.  We were looking at the Fez for our wedding reception.  We are about 20 minutes from downtown pittsburgh.  I'm gonna see how long it takes to  there before we think about booking it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine