shower gifts

Online Users: 1,363 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 5

FinallyAMrsToBe Posts : 98 Registered: 1/14/08
shower gifts
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 6:13 PM

what was your shower gift you gave to your guests? Or what shower gifts have you received (as a guest)?  I'm wondering what the most liked gifts are and what the most disliked gifts are. 

Thanks!

Message was edited by: C105

LovePark Posts : 241 Registered: 2/27/08
Re: shower gifts
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyAMrsToBe

My girls did an awesome job on the shower. The centerpiece was a picnic basket with wine themed items in it (one person at each table won one) 

And each person got a really nice silver LOVE bottle stopper as a favor. We also gave away all kinds of door prizes like little bottles of lotions, and kitchen stuff  and little jars of green M&M's. 

People loved it!

Also, and I think this is a northeastern PA thing, but there were TONS of cookies, so people took home a little box of cookies too. 

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyAMrsToBe

My mother and bridal party made little spa gift bags for each guest to take home. Inside was a loofah, chanpagne bubble bath, nail file and pedicure toe seperators.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

MrsMinor4EnE Posts : 255 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyAMrsToBe

I don't know what the gift was at my shower. I know that they gave the centerpieces away to the game winners. For my MOH's shower I am giving little plastic martini glasses with hershey kisses in them to make a diamond shape.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyAMrsToBe

My MOH put together small little pink pails filled with bath fizzies. We had a Pink theme for my shower.

I went to a baby shower and received a little box full of tootsie rolls. I'm still in the process of eating them. lol.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

ErikanRaf02 Posts : 15 Registered: 9/12/08
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyAMrsToBe

I gave my sister a Tea Party themed lingerie shower.  I just did small favors nothing big or over the top. I got some sashe bags & filled with sweettart candies, & we had about 7 - 8 different types of Teas in a small white favor bags. & I got mini jars that look like candy jars but are tiny & filled them with honey. so people basically had that to take home with them. & we used Mary Kay cosmetics for "game prizes" we didn't have what you call real "gifts" for the guests.  I wanted too VERY BADLY but my budget just wouldn't allow for it, & I treated it with an old school ettiquette that "gifts" are reserved for the Bride. The guests raved over everything. We had fun. noone complained. everyone was raving over our blushing Bride. which is what I wanted, ;) 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine