MisterKelleys No B.S. Advice Column - NEW- MY Question of the Week #2

Online Users: 1,290 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 297

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Re: MisterKelleys No B.S. Advice Column - NEW- MY Question of the Week #2
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I'm with Mushaboo...Mr. K.

But, from my standpoint today I feel that I would MUCH rather be where you are than you would be where I am....

Especially after my area is STILL nappy with all the standing water and the mosquitos are out in FULL FORCE due to the fact that TS Fay just nailed our asses with more rain that we can drain.

But, NOW.....we are in the wrath cone of Hanna...who is suspected to be a hurricane by landfall....and right behind Hanna is IKE...(and I personally have never heard of an IKE that was not a complete bastard)....

But if you ask me Ike will run though Hanna and then gain strentgh from kicking through her ass and become the "perfect storm" and nail the "treasure Coast" worse than we were fucked by Fances and Jeanne...

And if THAT isn't enough we also have Josephine out there just hanging back taunting us while she waits for her turn to completley screw us.

I do not like heating up canned food over candles, I loathe cold showers, I can not poop in a bag when the toilets back up, and I don't like sweating my ass off at night for days on end without power. And I absolutley can NOT stand drinking my beer room temperature because it is hot as hell in our fridge and the ice in our cooler melted 2 days ago.

Ahhhhh...sunny florida.....

Again, can I say that I would MUCH rather be where you are???

Bless your own day, leave mine alone!Innocent

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: ginmal

Gin I don't think I could handle your area I'm a big baby if the power goes out for a day or two. 

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Re: MisterKelleys no BS advice column
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

Mr. Kelley for the record - I DO NOT make the hubby buy my tampons however I have mad at him for buying cheap toilet paper!! 

So in this Ettiquette school did you find out this?  How does one stand on the subway when the only place to stand is directly in front of someone who is sitting down - should you put your butt in their face or your "girl" parts in their face?  Does it depend on the sex of the person sitting??  Please your ettiquetteness help the subway challenged!!

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

MrsShea Posts : 486 Registered: 3/25/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Totally unrelated but OMG I miss Publix so much!  My husband and I just moved to NH (where he's from) a little over a month ago.  We used to live in the Gainesville area (Titletown, USA GO GATORS) but damn do I want me a publix sub!  Can a nice Floridian mail one up to me? :(

Oh, here we go.  A question for MisterKelly:  My husband and I are both BIG WoW addicts (to give you an idea, we both played all day on Monday since it was still a BG holiday just to get enough honor for our new weapons!).  How do we break this addiction and spend more time doing something else?  HELP!

www.evilthing.net/wedding - wedding pictures will be up ASAP

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsShea

mrsShea writes:

Oh, here we go.  A question for MisterKelly:  My husband and I are both BIG WoW addicts (to give you an idea, we both played all day on Monday since it was still a BG holiday just to get enough honor for our new weapons!).  How do we break this addiction and spend more time doing something else?  HELP!

Start doing heroin - it'll make you forget all about WoW

EMT - Im not here to save your life, just to prolong your miserable existence.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mushaboo says:

Tampa faces a $16 million budget deficit. Mayor Pam Iorio's proposed $836-million fiscal 2009 budget anticipates a loss of more than $2.4 million in property tax revenue, mainly as a result of the Amendment 1 tax cuts. To help bridge that shortfall, she has proposed spending about $3.7 million from reserve funds.  Have I mentioned how much I don't like that woman to you?  She wanted to impose the budget cuts on firefighters pay?  Hmmmm, good one, Pam.  The people that can save my ass from a burning building are the people you want to pay less.  I guess because she drives a hybrid I'm supposed to like her more. 

Is Pam Iorio still the freaking mayor?  When are you people gonna wake up and elect Joe Redner for mayor? jeez (ok for all you non Tampa/St.Petersburgians, Joe Redner is the owner of the most popular strip club in the area - Mons Venus. he ran for mayor a few times but strangely never won) 

I hate you for having a Publix sub, hate hate hate!!!!! How the F is that supposed to make me feel better???

WOW! didn't know about Dick Fletcher, that sucks. Remember Roy Leep and Scud the weather dog?  Scud Passed away in 2005.  He was a damn cute dog.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

MisterKelley,

I'm laughing my ass off right now.  I love it.  I'm so sending that to FH!!!!!!!!!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: ginmal

Cat- I watch the Food Network.  I love Duff's cake show.  I used to be addicted to Iron Chef.  I am at work during the day so I've never seen Rachel Ray's show.  I did watch this season of "The Next Food Network Star."  Why?

Gin- I have been in so many hurricanes that I've lost count.  The longest we were without power was probably 3 weeks from Andrew.  Then there was one of the 2004 storms that hit Brandon really bad and we were without power for 2 weeks then.  I kind of looked at it as an adventure.  All of our food stayed good because we bought craploads of dry ice.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Cyclistlover writes:

So in this Ettiquette school did you find out this?  How does one stand on the subway when the only place to stand is directly in front of someone who is sitting down - should you put your butt in their face or your "girl" parts in their face?  Does it depend on the sex of the person sitting??  Please your ettiquetteness help the subway challenged!!

Ok, you're on the subway, there's nowhere to stand except right in front of someone who's sitting what do you do?  Well if that someone is a guy and he's too stupid and/or lazy to give you his seat, then not only do you shove your butt in his face but maybe fart once or twice during the trip. serves the bastrard right. If it's a female then you also stick your butt in her face, however instead of farting, do the following- get on your cellphone and pretend to be talking to someone on the other end. The conversation should go something like this - mention how your Gynocologist found something strange down there and they are awaiting the lab results, they think it might be that antibiotic resistant "Superbug" (MRSA) that everyone was talking about last year. So the Gyno started you on heavy duty Vancomyacin Antibiotics and told you to stay away from other people but you still have to get to work so you have no choice but to take the crowded subway. See how that works out for you and remember, if you have to be uncomfortable, there's no damn reason why everyone else around you shouldn't be either.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

It was YUMMO... Rachel Ray ALWAYS says that.  I LOVE Ace of Cakes and Iron Chef (America or the original, I don't really care.  They both rock.  I also loved "The Next Iron Chef")

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com/

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

That's funny and reminds me of a story.

My friend was washing laundry in the laundry room one day at our old apartment.  Someone stole a bunch of her clothes from the dryer.  The next day she saw a girl wearing her jeans that had been stolen.  She promptly rolled down the window of the car and told the girl, "I just want you to know I have crabs!!"  and kept on going.

I should probably add that my friend was lying, but it mortified the chick!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Message was edited by: rubyred1

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I love the Food Network!  Duff freaking rocks.  Have you seen the Food Network Cake Challenge where Duff is competing?  It's really funny.  I so want him to make my wedding cake, but I don't know if it would get here in one piece.

Lao Tzu

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mushboo - yeah, see when we were hit by Frances the problem was it was a VERY strong storm and VERY slow moving....it was over us for over 24 hours, then when it was "done" we were trapped in...one way out was completley flooded and the other had a HUGE tree blocking the road and lawns....we were able to get out the DAY BEFORE we were hit with Jeane. So it was hard to find supplies by that time. At the time of those storms my daughter was only three....and as you could imagine it is hard to keep a 3 year old entertained in a dark boarded up house with no power...LOL. So for me it was more stressful than it was able to be an adventure......

Bless your own day, leave mine alone!Innocent

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:39 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

I always love the food network challenges anyway.  He does some beautiful things, but I absolutely detest fondant <G>  (Sure, it's really pretty, I just do not like  the flavor.)

That being said, some of those pastries are beyond amazing.  The sugar / chocolate challenge (with that dragon and the amazing sugar ball) was a wow.   I always love wedding cake challenge.  There was one that was really sweet where the guy proposed at the start and the five were competing to design their wedding cake.

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com/

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

How did this turn into the Food Network Thread suddenly? LOL.

Gin that sucks about the storms really. Cant imagine that. I only remember ONE bad hurricane in my entire life in New England and that was Gloria. And I dont really konw or remember HOW bad it was, but I just know we do not deal with any life threatening or "get the hell out" type of weather here EVER. It can get cold, humid, or just be annoying weatherwise - but Ill take that anyday over worrying about a hurricane "season." No way could I take that. Plus I loooove my four seasons on the East Coast.:)

I think the Etiquette School is getting to MisterKelleys head. He actually didnt leave the bathroom all wet the last couple of days like he normally does - and today when I got home from teaching he had all the dishes done. Who is this masked man?

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine