A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,309 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2,746

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: cyadi83

Yea!! Go December 6th im glad im not the only one!! Are you sticking to a winter/christmas theme or are you doing something else?

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Thats awesome. I love that blue, but my FH wants to wear a white tuxs with red accents

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: MrsReno

I am REALLY frustrated by the whole pictures thing. I really am.

It's been 6 1/2 weeks, and we don't have our pictures. We were TOLD between 4 and 6 weeks. I know for a FACT that my photographer didn't get a picture of my ring bearer and one of my jr. groomsmen individually with DH (come on--the ring bearer and groom is a given), I couldn't tell you if she bothered to take individuals with me and each of my sisters, I don't think she took anything of me and my mom together, she rushed through the grandparents and hardly took any pictures,  she did NOTHING creative or artsy with DH and I (she spent VERY little time with us), she never sat down with me to ask me what I wanted, she rushed the entire time and ended up leaving an hour and a half early and THEN asked for more money. And to top it all off, we're waiting longer than she promised for the pictures.

Now, I could end up loving the pictures. I've seen a couple of them (she emailed us a couple before they were photoshopped) and I like them...I just know what she missed and I'm terrified that I'm going to hate them!

And the worst part is that I'm not even excited to see them anymore. This isn't building my anticipation, it's tearing it down and stomping on it.

Sorry for the rant, girls. I'm just REALLY upset about this. Plus I'm PMS-y and the bc I'm on makes me extremely moody. sigh Life sucks sometimes.

Message was edited by: ryanne

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

I'm really sorry about your pictures Ryanne :(. I would be extremely frustrated if I were you too. I was going to recommend that you talk to her and tell her how unhappy you are with the whole experience...but it sounds like you probably have already done that? If anything I would think that she would want to give you a partial refund/discount for all of the problems but instead she is trying to charge you more??? What is she trying to do that for?? That whole situation sounds really upsetting. I think that pictures are one of the most important parts of the wedding so this would really make me mad......

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

I haven't talked to her personally, my MIL has pretty much handled all of that. I kind of want to, but I'm waiting to see how satisfied I am with the pictures. If I'm not satisfied, then I'll talk to her.

She DID tell me that she would give us a hi-resolution CD of the pictures and the proof book, and since she knows us she is giving us an 11x14 as a wedding present. That kind of helps, but at the same time, if I don't like the pictures what's the point?

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Yeah, if you don't like them than there really wouldn't be much of a point for anything extra. I just really hope that they turn out well and that you end up loving them. And I hope that they come in soon. I know that I am going to be soo anxious to get my wedding pictures back. But I can see how waiting soo long and being told week after week that they would be here would take some of the fun out of it. I will keep my fingers crossed for you though...

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine. I'm so concerned about my pictures since I don't have the money for a photographer that I am having 4 pamily members photograph plus I am going to get a college student who is majoring in photographer take pics of our wedding for free so she can get the experience plus we are going to get those disposable wedding cameras for every table so our guests can take pictures too. Anyways good luck on those and hopefully it don't turn out as bad as it sounds

BronAndJovie Posts : 1 Registered: 8/29/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Well I am 18 years old and my FH is 21 we have just settled on a date for the wedding on our anniversary of dating the year after I graduate from school.  He graduates this spring and we are going to be in a long distance relationship for approximately 7 1/2 months.  What came help pass the time easier?
"Love is everlasting"

delete Posts : 36 Registered: 8/27/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: BronAndJovie

My FH and I had a long distance relationship for a little while. 

Everyday we would do something that was the same, for instance, read the same part of a book or watch the same show, listen to the same c.d, etc., then call each other and talk about it at night. It always led way to more conversation and made the time when we were apart not seem so great (not great as in 'good', great as in 'large'). 

I'm not sure if that helps, but it worked for us. Ironically enough, he's in Kentucky visiting his college friends for Labor Day, so he's not here. :[

Message was edited by: iridaceae

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: BronAndJovie

Hi BronAndJovie. Congratulations on setting your engagement and setting a wedding date. The only thing I can think of to tell you is to make sure that you spend a lot of time with friends and family and don't spend too much time alone. Sitting alone by yourself is only going to make you dwell on the situation more. So, surround yourself by friends and family and make sure that you and your FH have plenty of phone time.

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

hey girls 

I have been lazy posting on the other young threads, I used to. Oh well. Anyways, I'm catherine, my wedding is nov 8 2009. I'm 21, i'll be 22 when we're married, John is 23, he will be 24. I'm finishing up my last year of college, then going on to grad school. John already has his career. 

I have my location book. I'm getting married in my church and the reception is at a country club down the road. www.leicestercc.com if you're bored. lol. Other than that we have nothing booked. We started looking at photographers and found a couple that we loooove, but its def a little more than we wanted to spend. The package we have for the reception has  DJ, cake baker, and flowers for the centerpieces included so we don't havta find those. They are all reputable people too, not just cheapo people. I'm def glad I don't havta go interview all those people. I had doing the photography phone calls n interviews n crap. 

I went dress shopping 2 weeks ago that was SOO much fun. I didn't find THE dress, but I def have a better idea of what I'm looking for. The ladies at the shop told me that they liked me because I wasn't looking for the typical dresses they are selling to everyone right now. Online the dresses look like crap but in person they're gorgeous. What i loved was hat I'm the same size as most of the samples so they all fit great to try on. I have pletny of time to shop tho.

Oh our colors. Right now i'm set on purples n blues, purple being the main color. We are both irish and he is also scottish so we are going to incorporate irish touches and we're gonna have a bag piper as a surprise for people. We are also making out own invitations. It'll be a fun project to do with the girls n John I think.

Alright this is long enough. lol Ryanne- that sucks about ur photographer. Did u like her a lot when you met her originally? You shoulda made sure that she took the shots that you wanted, you'd think she'd know better. I hope you end up happy with them!!

Photobucket

Losing Weight While Gaining Knowledge! 
Thats us, the Student Losers
 Wedding Date- November 8, 2009 (yay new date!)

Catherine

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:20 AM Go to message in response to: CathMary

just checkin out my new signature

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

projectmrscole Someone just made a new post for September 2009 brides.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Thanks Necolei! I just found it over there. 

justkel Posts : 156 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Hey girls!  I made it back from a weekend with the future inlaws!!  aahhh!  :)  We also had our engagement pictures taken, we should get them within the next week or so... I can't wait!!  Once I get them I'll share.  :]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine