A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: JuliaAlene

Hey girls!!

Congrats to all of you!

I'm a young wife...my hubby and I got married on July 12th. I'm 20 and he's 23, so we don't have that big age difference, but where it shows now is the fact that he can drink and I can't. :) But otherwise we haven't had issues. Other than that...we've been together for three years, I'm a junior in college and he is out of school working full time. We have a kitty who is like a furry, spoiled child...and we're just trying to get adjusted to our new schedule now that school has started.

As soon as I get my wedding pictures I'll post them for you to see!

Good luck planning!

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: JuliaAlene

You should post pics of your stuff sometime when you aren't at work. I love looking at pictures and your colors sound so pretty. 

JuliaAlene Posts : 41 Registered: 11/1/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Thanks Iradacee, ill get picks up after the weekend im leaving for camping tonight.

I wanted to share something with you girls befroe i leave work.

Try going to a culinary school near you to see if the school offers extra credit to cater wedding as long as you pay for food you can go to a bulk store for food. I did and am saving soo much money and the agreed to dress up and serve the food. Im getting such a classy feel for free. It is worth a shot for the outdoor weddings. I gots to go home now By girls have a good weekend

JoRdAnSgIrL1017 Posts : 10 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Anyone doing any creative favors? Have you see the candy buffets? Such a great idea!

Deanne, Rock Goddess <3

http://deeandjordy.brides.com

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: JoRdAnSgIrL1017

I'm doing a candy buffet. I'm soo excited about it :)

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: JuliaAlene

Have fun camping juliaaleen. Don't forget to post your pics when you get back 

JoRdAnSgIrL1017 Posts : 10 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Thats awesome! I love them they are so creative and fun! What kind of candy are you having?

Deanne, Rock Goddess <3

http://deeandjordy.brides.com

MrsReno Posts : 314 Registered: 12/21/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne-You still haven't gotten your pictures? What is going on with the photographer? Did you ever have to pay the extra money like she was trying to get you to do? Sorry so many questions, but it's been a while since I stopped the by other thread.
♥Defy Gravitry♥

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: JoRdAnSgIrL1017

We haven't chosen all of our candy yet but so far we know we want rock candy lollipops, m&m's, jelly beans, and white chocolate covered pretzels. We are probably going to choose 4 or 5 more things. All of it is going to be in our wedding colors and we found this really cute candy buffet poem to put on the table. It's a lot of fun! 

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

projectmrscole I'm glad to see someone else that has a big part of there wedding planned with it being over a year away. Your wedding and my wedding or basically the same time and I have just about everything planned out. My family thinks I'm crazy cause I have over a year left, so I have not bought anything yet. Your wedding sounds like it is going to be a wonderful wedding

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Necolei- Thanks :) Our wedding tickers have the same amount of time on them. What is your date? Ha yeah I have been planning things since January. I think its good to be ahead of the game. At least that way we won't have to make too many rushed decisions right? I haven't really bought anything yet either. I ordered our guest book last week and that just came in yesterday. Next month we are going to book our venue and take our engagement pictures. And I'm going to start working on making our Save The Dates next month too. They are a lot of fun to make. Wow....I hope that I didn't bore you. lol. How about you? What are your wedding colors?

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Our wedding day is Sunday September 29th around 5 pm. Thats funny cause we are going to put the deposit down next month too. I want to buy all my stationary next month so that way all my match and I have plenty of time for my save-the-date cards. I agree totally making all that stuff is fun so why pay the hundreds to have someone else do it. Our wedding colors are red, white, and black. What are your colors? are you. I love the idea of the candy bar it sounds so cute 

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Yeah, I love the candy buffet idea. I was worried about us spending money on favors to put on the tables and than people not taking them. So, I figured this way people can take the candy if they want to and if they don't want to than we can always eat what is left over. :0)

Our wedding colors are similar too! We are doing a black and white theme and our accent color is a bright blue. Are you doing an indoor or outdoor ceremony/reception?

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Hey girls Well Fh and i are both 22. We are getting married December the 6th. hes currently deployed to SE Asia but will be back in home port in a month! hes been gone since January. i am currently moving from Fla out to Cali in 11 days to be with him again.

We are getting married in Tampa at the air force base. He will be wearing his Uniform we have 5 members each in our bridal party plus 4 ushers to preform the arch of swords. this is my dress minus the pick ups i had those taken out the train extended and silk covered buttons added in the back. I just got to pick up my dress a week ago. My girls will be wearing red, the guys are in a cut away tux black with gold vest and black bow tie

We are giving christmas orniment/place card holders as gifts to our guest as well as a custom CD with a black and white picture etched into the CD with different holiday inspired them songs dedicated to different members of our family.

As we exit the church we have sleigh bells and bubbles that all the guests will use while we exit down the aisle. We are having the traditional  arch of swords church exit. And we are doing sparklers at night after the reception it think.....

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

cyadi83 Posts : 68 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

coastiebride- I'm getting married on Dec 6 also! and I love your dress...I like the pickups too =( but I guess I'm just a pickup kind of girl...hence, my dress

I'm not THAT young! I'm 24 but will be 25 by my wedding date. My FH just turned 27 this month. We've been dating since I was 16! But decided to wait to get married until we both finished school.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine