A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

delete Posts : 36 Registered: 8/27/08
A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:30 PM

(I had begun to read the last one, getting ready to make a response, when I realized it was seventy-four pages and I was on page three... So, I started a new one.)

So, let's talk! Our weddings, our FHs, our rings, our dresses. Anything! No negative comments, though, please. This should be a supportive environment for us young brides. [:

I'm 19 (I've been out of school for two years, however).My FH is 25. That automatically warrants some dirty/confused looks from some people... I truly do love him, though, and he truly loves me. We're getting married June 6, 2009!!!

justkel Posts : 156 Registered: 8/7/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Iridaceae, I'm glad you posted a new thread!  I am 21 and my FH is 28.  When we first started dating over 2 years ago some eyebrows were raised.  As time progressed people started to see what a good match we are.  :)  I can't wait until we are married!!  Our wedding is just a week after yours, June 13! 

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

My father and step-mother (who is more of a friend than a mother) are thirteen years apart. She's ten years my senior, and she and my fiance, Lee, are only four years apart.

Congratulations! Do you already have your dress?

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: delete

I DO have a dress!!  I got it two weeks ago and I LOVE it! 

And I think I have decided on a dress for the bridesmaids, I just have to get back with one of them to see if she would mind wearing this dress...

What about you?  Do you already have a dress?

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

I do! I haven't taken a picture of it yet, though, because it's at my dad's house in Alabama.

This is my dress!

This is my bridesmaid dress. I'm going to do the MOH dress is Lapis (the darker purple) and the BM dress in Victorian Lilac.

Your dress is goreous! You look really happy, which is great! What are your colors?

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Your dress is beautiful!  I love to look at everyone's dresses.  :)  I like the BM dresses too.  Very pretty.  I have really only decided on one color so far.  It's a blue-green color.  I can't decide on another color.  :/ 

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Hello ladies! I'm glad that you decided to start this thread. The other thread was extremely long. I'm 20 and my fiance is 23.

I love everyones dresses. My wedding is still 13 months out so I haven't gone and tried on any dresses yet. But, here are my favorite 3 from just browsing on the internet.

http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/en/web1_couture_3_a.asp?id=87

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=ASM3072&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=ASM3072

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2998&prodgroup=10

I can't wait to start dress shopping!

justkel- where is that BM dress from? It's really cute.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

I'm 21 and FH is..... 35! (He turns 36 on monday!) We started dating 2 years ago, and we got FUNNY looks. But only when someone ASKED how old FH was, because he doesn't look his age AT ALL. haha He's a lucky one :) I'm glad a few others on here have wide age ranges bw their age and their FH's :)

And hello again justkel, my wedding date twin :)

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

mrscole, I LOVE your second choice!!!

You could go try on dresses now, there's no harm in it. It's like your fiance, once you have the right one, you just no. :D 

Was that a horrible analogy? 

See, age really DOESN'T matter when it comes to marriage. (Thanks, Destiny!) 

Message was edited by: iridaceae

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Thanks. :)Lol...no that wasn't a horrible analogy. I really love my 2nd choice too. That's the one that I have had my eye on ever since we set our wedding date 7 months ago. But then I found the 1st one and I fell in love with that one too. The 3rd one I don't love as much....it's just more in our price range than the others probably would be. But yeah I think I'm going to start trying on dresses soon. I heard that some Maggie's can take up to 6 months to come in after you order them. So it would probably be a good idea. :)

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

ProjectMrsCole:  Your second choice is also my favorite!  :)  Very pretty!  The Bridesmaid dress if from Alfred Angelo.  They have several to look at on their website.

Destiny:  Hello again! :)

Glad that both of you could join us!! 

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

project: Your second dress is my fave.... but my best friend wore the 3rd in her wedding in July. It was absolutely STUNNING on her! Way better than on the model! My advice with dress shopping, is make sure you try on your favorites, but keep an open mind. I had 3 favorites when I went to try on dresses, and all 3 looked TERRIBLE on me hahahahaha Now I get to order my dream dress (which I HATED on the hanger, and was ABSOLUTELY NOT something I wanted to wear) TODAY!!! In about 3 hours :) yea!
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Have fun trying on your dress!! (What's it look like?)
Being in your dress is one of THE best feelings I've experienced in life thus far.

Oh, yeah! Does anyone have any reception ideas? I'm really not sure about having dancing, etc....  

null

MrsReno Posts : 314 Registered: 12/21/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: delete

Iridaceae, I know how it is. I am now 20 (Turning 21 at the end of Sept) and FH turned 26 in March. We started dating the day I graduated high school. I was 18 and FH was 24. He use to get teased a lot about me being young. Each of my birthdays that have gone by I ask him if he feels like less of a pervert now that I am older lol.
♥Defy Gravitry♥

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: MrsReno

That is funny STBMrsReno!!!  My FMIL keeps saying to my FH, "you're not going to have a lot of people come to a shower at your age."  I was like, He's 28 and this is his FIRST marriage!!  It's not like he's been divorced twice and has three kids.  Why wouldn't people throw us a shower??

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine