Brides.com has the best community!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Jeanne123 Posts : 5 Registered: 8/5/08
Brides.com has the best community!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 10:40 AM

Hey ladies!  I just want to tell everyone how thankful I am to have found a community with such warm, kind, and generous people!  Thank you for receiving my posts and for providing such great advice and encouragement.  I have gone to the "other" major bridal site, and it just didn't have the same true community feel like it does here. Some posts even bordered on being rude!  Not my experience on here though.  Thanks again for truly providing a community for those of us during times of need.

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re: Brides.com has the best community!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: Jeanne123

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't know how I would have made it through the wedding planning process without the support of the girls here. 

Thank you for initiating such a thoughtful post. It's nice to see this. 

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: Jeanne123

yay brides!

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

nestyn08 Posts : 156 Registered: 7/11/06
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: Jeanne123

I completely agree with you. Having this site has made my bad time a better one. Really good advices coming from thoughtful community members that really care about each other. Whenever I have a problem in my relationships with my other half or my family this site is the first place to come for help.

Thanks for the post and thanks everybody!!!! Is great to have a place to vent and receive advice. 

AutumnPrincess Posts : 87 Registered: 7/8/08
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: nestyn08

I completely agree! I used to love theknot.com but I had a very bad experience there, the women there seem so hateful and will pick you apart! But everyone I've talked to here, even if they have difference of opinion, have been so kind and helpful!

Thepalchers Posts : 146 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: AutumnPrincess

I CERTAINLY agree with you AutumnPrincess, I was on the Knot.com's boards for a while and the people there are NOTHING like they are here. I say thank you!!!!!!! Really, it's so nice to have a community of people that are going through EXACTLY what you are. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice......and not bitter I'm better than you advice, but real solutions. 

To be in love is the greatest gift of all, to be best friends with the person you'll always love is twice as nice, but to have a mature conversation about a disagreement is the most amazing thing I could ever ask for.

count down to your wedding

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: Thepalchers

Ive told this story before, but I still find if so bizarre.

I tried posting on TheKnot back when I was still planning my wedding, before I came over here. My first post there was oen of those short and sweet "Hi Im Kelley - just thought Id introduce myself and say Im glad to be able to talk with other brides planning their weddings. Hopefully we can help each other."or something like that ... I got a whole bunch of replies and maybe TWO of them were nice or normal. The rest were various degrees of psychotic, randomly rude, and just plain HUH?? Stuff like ...

Who cares what your name is and when your wedding is?

Congratulations. SHould we throw out a red carpet for you now?

Youre too old to be getting married. (my age , 35 at the time, was in my profile.)

Why would anyone live in Jersey? (ok that poster has a point but still LOL.)

Basically - the majority of posters over there are pretty bitter for a bunch of people about to get married. I dont get it -why are they all so damn cranky?:)

So I came here and felt at home immediately.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

notjustaprettyf... Posts : 41 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Found this thread at the perfect time.  I'd forgotten why I'd left theknot.com (snarky brides picking on me for wanting to get married over spring break...not even sure was up with that), and I went back over today.  I started reading some of the boards and I was like, omg these women are insane!!!   Like you have absolutely nothing better to do than tear a woman's wedding to pieces!  So I quickly scuttled back over here, where we are (pretty much) safe from snark-ism.  :D

And yes, Kelly, that's utterly rediculous.  I feel for you!!

null

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine