4 Days to go...I'm tired

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
4 Days to go...I'm tired
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:13 AM

I'm so tired my thoughts sound loopy.

I'm tired of people asking me "So are you nervous?!" and "Are you ready?"  I'm already anxious, why do you have to make it worse by asking me if I'm nervous.

I'm tired of people asking me "Can I bring my son/daughter?" Um were their names on the invite? Then no, I'm sorry. There's already 200+ people that are coming.  I'm not paying for anymore.

I'm tired of people asking me "Can I change my food choices?" Are you kidding me!? I just put in the final numbers for the meals.  Um, No.

I'm tired of writing place cards.

I'm tired of the damn card box that I wanted to be DIY so I could save money.  I'm about to scrap my entire project for that and go buy one.

I'm tired of hearing my parents complain about how dirty their house is (I'm getting ready there and the photog is coming there etc) when it's already immaculately clean.  It seems dirty because they chose to remodel the house.  Yes it's a mess Mom, but what am I going to do about it?  You guys wanted them to re-stain and varnish the stairs, power wash the house and deck, pave the backyard, re-model the bathroom, and pour a whole new driveway all within 2 months. Not to mention you guys are nit-picky and if they don't do it up to your standards, you make them come back and do it again. No wonder you're 3 weeks behind schedule.

But among all this complaining, I really am super excited.  I'm happy that my friends and loved ones are coming in from all over to celebrate with me.  Other than marrying FH, that is what I'm most excited for.  I'm excited that the forcast is looking well for the weather. 

I'm glad that FH is keeping me level.  I broke down last night over stupid details and he reminded me that all that's going to matter by the end of the day is that we will be married and threw one hell of a party for our friends.

I give props to all of you who do this for a living.  I don't think I've ever stressed out this much.  Not even during exam time at school.  I also give props to you who did this all by yourself.  I had plenty of help and I'm still rushing around.

Almost there....(what happened to the married old hags club...can I still join?! LOL)

**Live High, Live Mighty, Live Righteously...**

**Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.**

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: 4 Days to go...I'm tired
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

So are you nervous? Excited? By the way, Id like to bring my five children. And I dont eat chicken or meat. Or fish. I hope its not an imposition. You understand.:)

I know how you feel. I planned my entire wedding alone and I was so exhausted by the time THE DAY came around, I thought I would pass out. But I had an absolute blast on my wedding day and you will too. The key to doing that is really allowing yourself to let go of the idea of "perfection" and just let it all happen naturally. Just enjoy the little moments, seeing old friends, family,and being with your new DH. Its all just awesome.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

I know what you mean. I am 24 days out and every day I get "Are you nervous?"...."Are you excited". I still have a ton of s*&t that needs to be done and your asking me if I'm nervous?

I just smile and say "As nervous as I would expect myself to be at this point." What I'd like to say is....(sarcastically) NOOOO, not at all, I've just spent the last 2 years working on this wedding and I've just moved AND I'm exhausted and FH and I have both been sick recently....so no, couldn't be nervous or anxious at ALL!!! Tongue out

But I stick with the niceties and remember I'll be married in 24 days!!! You'll be married in 4!!! Whoo Hoo!!! Now the real question is, what the heck are we going to do with all our spare time AFTER the wedding is over!!???

~ Formerly CCFPrincessBride~

Hillary & Sean~ September 20, 2008 Laughing

Message was edited by: HillyBride92008

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

so, are you nervous?  (Sorry...had to ask.)

Sounds like it's about right.  You're throwing the party of your life and you are worrying about every detail.  (Because we're always convinced people will notice the one napkin out of alignment and critique it.)

Everything will go swimmingly.  And I will pass on the one really useful bit of information I got from my first wedding...and it is true.

If everything goes perfectly and according to plan, you won't remember a thing.  It's the mistakes that stand out, and help you remember your wedding day.  Laugh at them, because these are what make your day memorable, and you've done everything you can.  Sit back, and enjoy the show.

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

We2- I have the perfect remedy!  Earplugs and many pots of coffee!  Just kidding.  I'm 7 months out so I won't even attempt to say I know how you feel.  Like Kelley said, you're day is going to have a blast.  You're going to become a wife and all your friends/family will be there by your side to celebrate.  How awesome!  *Big hugs* 

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

LOL...thanks for the laughs guys.

Kelley - The key to doing that is really allowing yourself to let go of the idea of "perfection"...Unfortunately, I was raised to strive for "perfection" and now whenever something goes wrong, I get stressed out.  It's something I've tried to change as nothing will ever be 'perfect', but it's really hard for me since I grew up thinking everything has to be planned and follow a plan.  Not to mention my mom is insane when it doesn't 'follow the plan'.  And hearing it from her will add more stress!! So I'm hoping she shuts her mouth.  But knowing her, I'll get an earful when something isn't right. UGH!!

Hillary - what the heck are we going to do with all our spare time AFTER the wedding is over!!???...GOOD QUESTION!! First things first...sleep. LOL.

Misty - Because we're always convinced people will notice the one napkin out of alignment and critique it... LOL why is it that we think that way?

mushaboo - earplugs might work if only to drown out my mother.  lol

Sigh...I can't focus on work. Haha. My brain is already going on vacation.

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

Hilly~ I just had the worst thought when I read

Now the real question is, what the heck are we going to do with all our spare time AFTER the wedding is over!!???

I have an idea of what new married couples could do...but that's just my filthy mind... 

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

Ariana2858 Posts : 14 Registered: 1/21/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 5:08 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

Wow, I am SO there with you right now. Mine's in 12 days, and I have so much left to do, and I'm so tired of doing it! Wedding planning was fun (most of the time) up until about 2 weeks ago... now I'm just looking forward to the honeymoon so I can chill out! I'm sure the day will be beautiful for both of us, but know that we ALL go through this and nobody gets it but other brides! That's what we're here for!

AceMagee Posts : 12 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 8:25 AM Go to message in response to: Ariana2858

I have all the same feelings! My wedding is still 8 months away, but I am planning the wedding and coordinating the closing of our house/moving into the house all at once. I can't blame anyone, my fiance really can't do it with his job, and my bridesmaids all live at least an hour away. It just gets old answering the same questions all the time about every wedding detail! Not to complain too much, don't get me wrong I love being engaged and planning the wedding, it's all fun! Just a little overwhelming sometimes!

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Knox~ besides THAT....sheesh, thats a given Wink

We2~ sleep, what the heck is that!!!??? Tongue out

but yeah, I'm honestly almost more excited for the honeymoon, all I can think of is sleeping in late and no more stressing for the wedding!!! ha ha

~ Formerly CCFPrincessBride~

Hillary & Sean~ September 20, 2008 Laughing

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

You know how they say that once you have your child, the pain of childbirth is forgotten (maybe not right away) and all you remember is your new baby? Well, wedding planning is like that. It's a pain in the @ss, stressful, takes a long time, emotions run high, etc. But after the wedding, You soon forget about all of it and you just have your memories of your big day. I can honestly say I don't remember much about the planning (maybe that's why so many mothers are a PITA when it comes to wedding planning. They don't remember planning theirs at all. Haha).

To all those coming up on your wedding days. Out of all the brides that came back and said that something went wrong, something wasn't right, Not a one has said her day was ruined or that it wasn't an amazing day. So relax and know that you have an amazing day to look forward to no matter what happens.

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

lin and nate

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

hugs It totally sucks, doesn't it? All you want to do is be left alone in a silent room for a week, so you can actually enjoy the event you've spent a year+ planning, and Mumzilla and everyone just WON'T LEAVE YOU ALONE.

Disappear for a few hours.  Tell them "you'll be back later" and don't tell them where you go.  Find a park or something, and just enjoy being surrounded by non-weddingness.

As for your mom, Xanax is cheap and it dissolves well in coffee. ;-)

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:01 AM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

And here I thought mothers were a PITA when it came to the wedding because their own mothers got so busy into their business that they figured the time that they'd get to plan the wedding of their dreams was when their daughter got married (and if SHE wanted to do that, she was going to have to have a daughter so that she could plan the wedding she wanted when she got married. <G>)

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Aw thanks for the hugs Pamlin! LOL I wish I could disappear!  I was hoping to get everything done and handed off to the right people by tonight so I can relax the next 2 days, but it's not turning out that way.  I'm going to be running around tomorrow night dropping off supplies, decorations, and money. 

I'm hoping to disappear during lunch today for a nap in the park.  We'll see how that goes though.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

I do hope it's all you dreamed of. 3 days! WOW

3 days before my day, all of our friends are coming in town. Including my MOH (yay) she already told me no wedding stuff the day she comes in. Just her and I on a regular girls night out for dinner. See why I love her so much! But on Friday before, we drop off all wedding stuff to venue. Day of- pick up all dresses and get hair and nails done. Then sit (try to at least) and wait for the limo.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine