Waxing issues!!

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 8

MicheleH Posts : 1 Registered: 3/17/08
Waxing issues!!
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:31 PM

I had a bad experience the only time i waxed everything of by myself, realy bad, so i never ever got done again, is there a way to numb the pain or something cause FH said he wants it all off... sugestions anyone??

95 days and counting!!Kiss 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Waxing issues!!
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: MicheleH

Sorry to be blunt here - but who the hell is HE to say "I want it all off?" Its your body, not his. What about what YOU want? I suppose I could understand him maybe having a "preference" with something like that, but I dont know - this just seems a bit much. If you are going to wax yourself or whatever, thats something you should do because YOU want to. Doesnt sound like you really want to, especially after that horrible experience the first time. Who can blame you really.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: MicheleH

Four simple rules for waxing:

1.  Don't wax just before or just after your period -it will always hurt more

2.  Have a professional do your brazilian, at least until you learn their technique, and you've had a few done by others.  It's always less painfull when others do it for you, plus repeated waxings hurt less as time goes on.

3.  No sex for the first day or two of a fresh Brazilian.  The skin may be irritated, and you may be a bit sore.

4.  Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate.  Use a gentle loofah every day to keep the waxed area well exfolilated and free of ingrowns when it starts to grow back -this will also help with future waxings as well.

*G*  If your FH wants it all off, tell him he has to do the same. 

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

jackie3 Posts : 6 Registered: 7/24/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 1:16 AM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

I'm so glad that I saw this topic. This is exactly what I came here to look for! I was wondering how early you'd suggest to get a full wax. I don't want to get it so early that it begins to grow back in, but I don't want it so close to the date that I'm actually in pain during my busy schedule. I appreciate any advice!!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 1:55 AM Go to message in response to: jackie3

To be safe, plan to give yourself 4 to 7 days after a full wax before you're back in action sex-wise. I do my own partial waxes at home all the time and it doesn't hurt, but the one time I got a Brazilian (professionally), I was out of action for about a week. I wouldn't worry about your schedule--you should be able to go about living your life just fine. You just might not want to be touched for a few days.

It should still look pretty good after a couple of weeks and wouldn't be fully grown in for at least 4 to 6 weeks depending on the person.

Also, a good salon might be able to give you tips on how to mitigate the pain. If I were to do it again, I know I would take Advil or Alleve beforehand.

Message was edited by: HappyGirl13

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 7:21 AM Go to message in response to: MicheleH

Why not shave it? I never wax, just shave. Yea I know it grows back faster but just use a new razor and be careful. Do it the morning of and it'll be fine.

Message was edited by: soontobemrsnye

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsnye

While you all are here I'll add some Qs for you to answer

We live in a small area but there are some spas a few miles away. Few have websites and if they do they don't go into detail they just say "waxing services". What's the best way to word my questions about waxing. I've called places in the past and asked if they do bikini lines to test the waters...but I'd like to try getting a brazilian and see how that works out. I just don't want to look like a small town shlub and embarrass myself. What really are the options between all or nothing as far as down there waxing goes?

Also the tell him to do the same thing is not a good idea!! I used to shave myself clean from time to time to surprise him...and then he did the same as a kind of joke. Ladies sorry if this is TMI but it was like a slip~n~slide some hair is needed somewhere because 2 bare bodies don't mix Wink

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

Sorry, but I'm with Kelley here.  Are you doing it just because HE's demanding it?  If it's an advantage to you (sanitary, pleasure, or otherwise) then ok, but if you don't like doing it, don't! He has no right telling you what to do with your body.  Especially if he knows  you've had a bad experience with it.  He shouldn't be asking you to possibly re-live that experience.  That would make me mad.

But if you do want to go with the "all off" method because you and only you are willing to, then try going to a professional.   Or other pp's have good suggestions for the DIY route.  Personally, I shave.  And even then, I don't go 'all off' all the time and only do it for special occasions, spur of the moment 'I want to surprise him' moments, and around that time of month (it's so much cleaner I feel).  It is for him, but it's also for me too. :-)  Good luck.

**Live High, Live Mighty, Live Righteously...**

**Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.**

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: MicheleH

I shave, my friend did waxing one time, professionally, she said it didn't hurt as much as you'd think it would. As for him shaving or waxing.. he might like it..my FH shaves b/c he hates the itchiness. He's also been doing that way before we met.
Future Mrs. TLC

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine