NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 555

MrsShea Posts : 486 Registered: 3/25/07
Re: NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

ashley, I do believe I have you listed as a friend on myspace.  I'll pm you there!  I haven't been logged in for MONTHS!  my husband and I just moved to NH a few weeks ago and I'm jobless so this is what I do other than cross stitch and read.

I tried Catherine Coulter's The Cove but it wasn't all that great.  the plot was a little off.  too bad all of the rest of the books I haven't read are currently in storage.  CRY!

www.evilthing.net/wedding - wedding pictures will be up ASAP

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Lately I've been into the Twilight series. I've read Twilight and I'm almost done with New Moon. I like them. they are easy reads and have just enough suspense to be semi believeable! I got my sister hooked too. Twilight the movie comes out 11.21.

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: MrsShea

NJ4Life - What is the genre on those books??? will they keep me interested?? Are they light reads???

Mrs. Shea - A little piece of my heart broke when you said you didnt like the cove...I have now read all of the books minus the new one tailspin that I have to get my hands on soon...

Ashley

Sending Love to my Wormies!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

They are about a girl who moves into a new town and meets up with a group of vampires. Kinda nice vampires. The books are geared to teenage girls really.  The books are quick reads even though they are 5-600 pages. They get a little annoying b/c the main character and the vampire love interest become quickly obsessed with each other but they're pretty good stories.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I thought the titles looked familiar...i was in walmart last night with my friend and she was looking at buying the first book....

Hmmm maybe I will have to see about getting them now...

Oh so I have another reccomendation...

The Prey, The Hunt, & The Kill - 3 books by Alison Brennan. THey are freakin awesome

Ashley

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

ashley, I was looking for a book that would keep me interested with some romance invovled.  the fact that the FBI agent fell in love with the person he was supposed to capture and then the plot of the town...it was just a little too hokey for me.

maybe it's because I'm so used to reading books with less weird plot lines.  I plan on trying the next one once I get a library card (a major priority!).  is the next book better??

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsShea

yes...I believe its call the maze. they are really good...i am actually reading through the series all over again...I just really like sherlock and savich....some of the plots are over the top but it makes it easier for me to read that way...sometimes when books are too realistic I can't read it...I like to read to get away from reality so I'm really big on books that aren't so close to real life...

Ashley

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I have some recommendations for you ladies. 
For a fantastic set of VERY erotic romance novels: The Sleeping Beauty Series, they are written by Anne Rice and they are really good, but definitely books that shouldn't leave your bedroom!

The Nerd Series by Vicki Lewis Thompson is also kinda fun, it's a series of romance novels where everyone falls in love with the local nerd. 
From Baghdad with Love is great, true story, about fur babies.  I am currently reading Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and his brother.  It's pretty good.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

my sister in law actually gave me the sleeping beauty series.  i haven't started it yet but I plan to read it when I need THAT sort of story.  she said they were excellent!

this weekend or early next week, I plan to dig out the rest of the books I haven't read that are in storage.  in the meantime, I'll be working on my cross stitch.  I'm gonna start writing down these books for the future!

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

I love ANYTHING by Wendy Corsi Staub, although I'm finding it hard to FIND her books! I love used book stores! I also LOVE Janet Evanovich, but was a bit disappointed with her newest (fearless 14) but I won't spoil that.

I love Lisa Jackson and a few others.... Do any of you ladies like these authors too?? FH is always making fun of me for having my nose in a book!!! Oh well :)

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

YAY! A book worm thread! I am home at last! Wink

I love to read, but I tend to read in spurts. Right now, with wedding planning, working and house hunting I have not been reading much. I have tried to find a book club near me, but alas, no such luck.

Has anyone here read Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpeta Series? They are fabulous! Similar to the Alex Cross stuff by James Patterson, but IMO better. I love the Cross books, but it sort of feels like each one is the same plot line.

October 18th, here we come!

212 ? ? 212  Date September 20

Joce Posts : 290 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: Montereybride08

I'm totally hung up on Jodi Picoult's books right now!!!!

I got thru spurts and find an author I love and end up reading every single book they wrote!!

Some good Jodi Picoult titles in case anyone is interested:

My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
Change of Heart
Plain Truth

and many more I haven't gotten to yet :)

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Joce

Hey guys I just wanted to welcome all of you to the thread...

I have to go to the bar and work for a bit but i will reply to you all when i get home....

talk to you all and welcome wormies...

Ashley

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Joce

I have really liked some of Jodi Picoults books too Joce! I have one that I can't seem to get into, but Plain Truth was really good, and so was Vanishing Acts.

October 18th, here we come!

212 ? ? 212  Date September 20

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Okay,  just found this thread, but I must say that I LOVE the twilight series!!  I am a total bookworm, and right now I am reading Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.  I don't know how I haven't read it yet since all of my friends have...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine