NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 555

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Re: NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

lol grandma mazure cracks me up...everytime i cant wait until she stun guns the dad lol that was classic

Ashley

Losing Weight While We Wait is Kicking Ass & Taking Names
Sending Love to my Wormies!
Check out my new BLOG
http://thelifeofafutureswann.blogspot.com/

One Day I Will Be Famous But I Plan To Be A Nice Celebrity - Bodaxia Lacroix

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

HI,

I am kind of hijacking this thread late.  I love reading, I read everything I can get my hands on.  My FH has been commenting, because I am cut myself off from buying books to save for the wedding (went to the library instead) except for my favorite authors.  Since October 3 of my favorite authors have had new books in their series come out.  I have bought them and am saving them for my honeymoon.  My FH keeps laughing because he says we are suppose to be doing something else on the honeymoon, I say we can't do it on the plane or the public beach, so I have to have my books. 

I am currently reading a no-brainer Nora Roberts short story book,  I need something to help me relax at the end of the day, and take my mind off the wedding.  I started a book called "The book of lost things" It was good, but in the first 3 pages the boy's mom died and I decided now was not the time for this book.

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

5in3 who are your favorite authors...i am always looking for new ones....right now i have a new fave and its alison brennan sp she has a really good trilogy called the hunt, the prey, the kill...those are the titles of the books....

how exciting it is to get new wormies

Ashley

Losing Weight While We Wait is Kicking Ass & Taking Names
Check out my new BLOG

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I’m a huge Nicholas Sparks fan and I just read that his next book will be out in September!!! I can not wait. His next book is The Lucky One, here’s what it’s about Is there really such thing as a lucky charm? The hero of Nicholas Sparks's new novel believes he's found one in the form of a photograph of a smiling woman he's never met, but who he comes to believe holds the key to his destiny. The chain of events that leads to him possessing the photograph and finding the woman pictured in it is the stuff of love stories only a master such as Sparks can write.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I'm a huge reader and since I have a 80 minute commute each way, I have also joined an audiobook club that works like net flix.  (Apparently thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes are in our area, so this may cut out, I have no idea,)  

I like Nora Roberts, I LOVE her as JD Robb, and I usually HATE futuristic books. but I have been sucked in.  I really like Tami Hoag, Julie Garwood, Karen Harper, sometimes Jane Feather...  I like listening to James Patterson, oh man, I can't remember, I'll have to come back.

But I am ALWAYS looking for new authors.  BTW, if anyone is interested, I'm a member of www.paperbackswap.com.  It's free, as of now, to join and it's literally an exchange program.  You list books, you get credits, you can order a book.  When a book is ordered from you, you can send it out media mail and get a credit=book for about $2.  I love it!  I'm pharmtoxgirl on there too.  And I'm a boxer (Box-o-books).\

any new author suggestions, I'd love them!! 

Posted: May 9, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I am reading Hard Eight right now by Janet Evanovich...I really enjoy this series...it's light, hilariously funny, and most times unpredictable lol.

I started with the audiobooks when i had a 45 minute drive back and forth so i feel ya Pharmtox...

I may check that website out next...

love my wormies..Miss you guys...

Ashley

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.
Check out my new BLOG

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 10, 2008 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I've read a couple of books by Evanovich, but I wasn't that thrilled with them.  Maybe I should try her out again.

Thanks! 

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: May 10, 2008 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I love to read.  I hate it when I go into a bookstore because I end up getting alot of books. I actually have a lot of books I haven't read yet. My classes were demanding so I haven't read any of my books. This summer I plan on reading since I don't have any classes.

My favorite authors are Sue Grafton, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, and Anne Rice. 

The book I'm reading now is The Butcher's Theater by: Jonathon Kellerman.

Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: JessyNChris

Where are my Wormies????

I miss you guys

Ashley

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

HELLO WORMIES.....

ANYONE OUT THERE??????????

WTF?

Ashley

MrsShea Posts : 486 Registered: 3/25/07
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I'm here kinda!  I haven't been on in forever but I'm alive!

www.evilthing.net/wedding - wedding pictures will be up ASAP

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: MrsShea

well hello michelle how are things going with you dear...you will have to send me a pm with your email and stuff so we can keep in touch

Ashley

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I can't believe I never came across this thread before!  I'm also a big reader, especially in the summer.  I tried joining a local book club this spring, but they only meet once a month and for random reasons, I couldn't make the meeting for the first 3 months!  So there went that.

My favorite authors have been mentioned on here a lot: Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts, and James Patterson.  I'm currently reading "The Last Summer of You and Me" by Anne Brashares (she wrote the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books, which I also loved). 

Anyways, I'd love to talk about books and get some recommendations as well.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 10:10 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

If you like the other authors you listed a good series for light reading is Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. They are all number books....one for the money, two for the dough, three to get deadly....all the way up to Fearless Fourteen....

Read through the past posts and you will get many more reccommendations.

thanks for stopping by

Ashley

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I'm reading "My Life in France" by Julia Child right now and I really like it. She's a fun writer (although it's co-written with her nephew or something--but anyway, fun) and it's about how she started out. And it's about food, too--yum!

Also really like young adult fiction still. I recommend Philip Pullman (sci-fi. He wrote "The Golden Compass" which came out as a movie last year) and Sharon Creech, particularly her book "Love That Dog."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine