Things your hubby/FH do that drive you crazy!!!

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 38

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Re: Things your hubby/FH do that drive you crazy!!!
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

My FH is kinda the same way. If he is not laying down on the couch than he is wanting me to laying down on his lap. It's like I'm a big girl I think every now and than I can sit up on my own.

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I'm certain this one's not unique, but it's fresh in my mind. I now officially hate driving with him in places we don't know. He drives, I navigate. We end up yelling at each other because a) I'll tell him to turn somewhere and he won't b/c he forgot or misunderstood where to turn, b) I'll remind him to turn somewhere and he'll get mad at me for reminding him even though he forgot earlier, c) I'll tell him to go somewhere but it's wrong b/c it's a new city and I don't know where i'm going, either--I'm just doing what the map tells me, so he gets upset.

You'd think we could solve this by having me drive, but he's a slightly better driver than me and I don't think I trust his navigation skills as much as I do mine.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

While we are on the driving subject my FH drives me crazy. I'm not the best driver in the world expecially being I can barely see over the dashboard. Anyways he likes to drive which is fine, but when he don't feel like driving I drive and he can't stand the way I drive. So he tells me to slow down speed up turn here go this way, So wouldn't it just be easier for him to drive anyways.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

oh shit I totally forgot about the whole driving thing! EH has bad road rage so I drive EVERYWHERE that requires more than 10mins of driving. He can turn from a prince charming to satan in less than a second. Btw: he hates my driving as well lol!

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

MichelleandRob Posts : 194 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsD:

OMG!! How funny! I have the same problem. Well, my FH doesn't like to sleep diagonal but he will scoot up to the middle of the bed without really "crossing" onto my side so much so that he might as well be on my side. I have a king size bed but might as well be sleeping in a single. I wake up with my side hurting so much because I have no room to roll over.

The snoring in the spoon position... I so feel your pain! FH does the same thing.

One more thing FH does... when we are in the spoon position, he likes to put his other (the one under him) under my pillow. He is a big guy and it feels like I am sleeping on a log!

No wonder my grand parents had seperate beds :) lol

wedding ticker

bride4life Posts : 499 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

My husband is a carpenter and he wears a pencil sticking out of his baseball hat at work to mark boards to cut or drywall or other things so when he comes home he will wear the pencil for awhile because he does not remember he has it, but at some point in the night he will realize it is there and take it off and set it somewhere so there are ten thousand pencil all over the house and I am always coming across them in strange places.

he will wait till he has absolutly no clean clothes left at all to do his laundry.  

when i ask him a question he always answer with "i don't know" so i never know what to do and whether he is happy about it or not.

i will ask him what restaurant he wants to go to and he always says "I don't care...whatever you want" i do want his opinion so he enjoys himself too.

Message was edited by: bride4life

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: bride4life

DH will not EVER rinse his dishes!  He leaves them in the sink to crust.  There is nothing more gross to me than plates crushted with old spaghetti sauce.  He sometimes throws them in the dish washer but sometimes even that is too hard.

He takes his clothes off for bed and throws them on the floor.  The hamper is right there so use it!   I do laundry because DH has ruined a number of my shirts, bras and panties by washing them incorrectly so now laundry is my responsibility.  I have told him that I will not pick up his laundry off the floor to wash it and will only do the laundry that is in the hamper.  He still leaves his dirty socks on the floor!!

DH hates having cold feet, yet he hardly ever wears socks.  He comes home from work and throws his socks on the floor becasue his feet are always so hot from work but doesn't bother to get a a fresh pair of socks.  I can't tell you how many times I have gone upstairs to get him a pair of socks to try to prevent what he does to me.  He comes to bed with FREEZING feet and proceeds to stick them on me to warm them up!  It drives me crazy!

Don't even get me started on his shower routine.  He too leaves the bathroom soaking wet, the mat, floor, mirror, everything.  Then he throws his wet towel on the bed.  After he shaves the room is a complete mess, little hairs everywhere and shaving cream piles all over the counter.  And he has the nerve to bug me about my hair being all over the shower.......

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

He breathes.  That's all he just exists.  Sometimes that is enough. 

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

First of all...reading this made my night! hehe...

Okay, so anyway.

I hate it how DH MUST sleep diagonally on our bed. I do it too when I'm alone...it's just that's he's bigger than me and can push me around in his sleep.

I hate it how he thinks he needs to live in a 40 degree house! I am ALWAYS cold and he thinks I'm nuts for it. sigh Not EVERYONE likes to live in a refridgerator, dear. lol.

And I HATE how picky he is about music!! He can't hardly stand to listen to anything but "his" music and it is REALLY annoying sometimes. But his dad's the same way so I'm not holding my breath for change!

miloswife2b Posts : 32 Registered: 5/8/08
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 2:34 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Oh Boy... FH SAYS he loves to watch soccer. So on Sunday afternoon he turns a soccer game on and promptly falls asleep. Never fails within ten minutes he's snoring away(leading me to believe he finds soccer as boring as I do) However, if I try to fanagle the remote control from him he wakes up and insists hes watching the game....ten minutes later?? SNORING AWAY!!!

Sometimes when there are too many dishes in the sink or the laundry is piling up(mychores, most of the time) he askes me "Do you need help with the dishes/laundry?" Now this sounds perfectly sweet, but I know he has no intentions of helping(when he does he just gets up and starts doing it) what he means is "do the dishes/laundry".   IF YOU WANT TO HELP JUST DO IT...YOU DONT HAVE TO ASK!

And the WORST... when he asks me something and I explain it to him,  then when Im done he goes, what? and this can go on like three or four times. O.K. if Im boring you with some gossip or soething fine...but YOU ASKED!! at least apy attention long enough to get the answer!

Woo thanks it was nice to get that out!

miloswife2b Posts : 32 Registered: 5/8/08
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 2:34 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

SORRY DOUBLE POST!

Message was edited by: miloswife2b

USMCSweetheart Posts : 22 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 5:04 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Oh this si going to be great! OK so future hubby and I dont live together yet but one thing I noticed when we were moving him out of his barracks for his deployment is keeps like small random stuff! Its crazy they are like parts to things he has bought or stuff that has broken off of bigger stuff but he keeps it! We are probubly going to need 2 junk drawers with all his random stuff!

Always in love with my Marine!

Marine girls say Ohh Rah

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 9:08 AM Go to message in response to: USMCSweetheart

Ok i heard something gross on the radio this morning and I thought I should share it with you ladies ...

The question was what annoys you about your man?

This girl calls in and says that her boyfriend spits lugies (sp.?) in between his bed and the corner of the wall ... and it is all moldy and gross there now!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: USMCSweetheart

going along with USMC about keeping things, my DH is a pack rat in denial. He keeps everything he has ever gotten, high school papers, stickers from kindergarten, stuffed animals given to him by his 6th grade girl friend. i am not a keeper of things at all (in fact the more i can throw away the better!) and when i ask him why he still has it his answer is "memories" i then remind him of his parents basement and can usually get him to part with a few things. i soon hope to break him of this pack rat habit because we so aren't having junk drawers/ shelves/ rooms.

Someone a while mentioned the "whats wrong?" question. i get that too. annoying.

i clean every saturday which DH must forget that i do because he always asks me "what are you doing?" when i pull out my cleaning supplies and head to the bathroom. then he always asks "Do you need my help?" i don't know why he even askes because i know that if i do say yes he'll still sit on the couch until i'm all done with everything and the say "i was going to help"

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

This girl calls in and says that her boyfriend spits lugies (sp.?) in between his bed and the corner of the wall ... and it is all moldy and gross there now!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Wow I think that is the nasties thing I have heard!! Anyways It sounds like we are dealing with FH or husbands that are just beyond annoying sometime. Everytime someone posts something I read it and than think, wow my FH does something almost exactly like that. So good luck to us all on the annoying parts of marriage!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine