APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 1,351 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: kroberts

Good luck with the move!  I just completed most of mine this weekend.  It was hell.  lol

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Wow...  y'all are moving along - literally!

I just got back from a week vacation with FH's family.  Think I passed muster....hehe

On to wedding planning!  We are going to have our ceromony at a private home.  A friend of FH's home.  He's got a GREAT backyard! 

One of the Gold Star moms that I know is insisting on doing the cooking.  Have to talk to her some more... it's a lot of food and I want her to enjoy the wedding as well!

Off to bed.  Been up for 21 hrs...  my tired bones are calling my pillow.  Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

I chose my cake yesterday!  I'm super excited!  The bottom layer is going to be carrot cake with cream cheese (it's really good), the middle layer is going to be a fudge brownie with fudge (FH's favorite when he tried it before, he wasn't there yesterday), and the top layer will be marble cake with cheesecake filling.  I showed the cake lady a bunch of pictures of what I want and I really like her so I'm very excited.  She's going to put plastic animals on the cake, and animal print fabric all on the cake table, plus more animals kind of 'roaming' on the table.  I forgot to ask her what color background the cake will be, but the frosting is going to be whipped cream!  No yucky fondant here!  Plus, she makes the cakes the day before the wedding and frosts them that day.  I'm so excited!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

I'm almost there with you Ruby.

I have the cake flavor list, and we get to try 2 from each list, and then we'll order.

I do have an appointment with a florist that my cake lady (funny that we both refer to them as "The Cake Lady.") has worked with in the past. Just a, "This is what I want. What can you do?" kind of meeting.

Sorry I haven't been as "dedicated" to the board as I have in the past. I can't tell you how much of a headache the cable people have been. I'm sure scheduling D-Day didn't take as much thought or effort as scheduling the cable company.

April 4, 2009 is the BIG day!

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

KRoberts ~ That's hilarious about the cable company.  I'm sure it's not to be dealing with them though.  The venue includes our cake, good thing I liked the baker!  We had already tasted the cakes before, and the one thing FH liked was the brownie cake and since he's unable to really be involved in the rest of the planning, I figured he could at least get his brownie!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Kroberts and Ruby- Hey strangers.  Yes, I've noticed that our little thread has been slow lately.  It's hard to keep up with everyone when I'm not really doing any wedding planning.  I have slacked lately on painting glasses.  I have changed dresses, again.  No comments from the p-nut gallery please.  hahahaha j/k 

Kroberts- I am going to blow up the Brighthouse building if they do not get our bill straight soon.  They have charged us 2 months now for digital phone.  There isn't a single phone in our place.  We use our cell phones.  Robert even has paperwork from the installation showing that he signed off and X'd out the phone.  So, why can they not figure out that we shouldn't be charged $44.95 for unlimited digital phone?????  BS!

Oh, and I got a job.  I'll be working at the Wyndham.  It's entry level doing customer service for vacationers.  I'll be eligable to "up" my position in 6 months.  The pay isn't great starting out either.  It's $4K less a year from the old job.  FH says it's worth it because we can stay at the hotels for $20-80/nite anywhere in the world. 

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush - that's awesome on the job!  Sometimes things fall into place in a way we never expected.

I am in the process of trying to figure out how we are going to do the serving of the food - don't really want to have friends have to work at the wedding, but we are not having it catered - creative thinking.........  :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

kpm- Buffet maybe?

luvualways02 Posts : 308 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Oh my so I have been looking for this thread and couldnt seem to find it......ok to introuduce myself....my name is Cassondra and FH name is Ryan. We got engaged January 26, 2008 at 7:00PM on the Kemah boardwalk. We had our first date there and where he proposed; he said it was where he wanted to kiss me on our first date but got scared so he didnt. We are getting married April 18, 2009. 8 months from today...YEAH!!! I keep changing my mind on EVERYTHING, and wonder when I say hey this is my final decision and actually mean it. LOL!! Oh one decision I made is my dress. I love it, and I picked it up Friday. I cant wait to wear it!
http://www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/cassondraandryan 

wedding ticker

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

Mush~ Congrats on the job!  That's cool about being able to stay there for cheaper too.  We're actually looking at renting a Wyndham timeshare for a week since we're flying back here for the wedding.  I've been planning as much as I can because I keep thinking, we really don't have that much time left.  I still need to get my dress altered.  I am waiting until we move since I don't really want two different people working on it! 
What does your new dress look like?

Welcome Cassondra!

Lao Tzu

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

FH and I got upgraded to the timeshare rental when we came to stay here in Orlando once because we booked a king bed.  They didn't have any rooms with a king bed so they had to upgrade us.  Awesome.

Dress #3 is here- http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=Grace+Lynette&keywordType=any&pageSize=8&page=1&style=J122

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Welcome Cassondra!

What kind of wedding are you planning? What does your dress look like?

April 4, 2009 is the BIG day!

DennaAllred Posts : 62 Registered: 10/6/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

sorry i cant be on here all the time. fh got a job. finally. lol he is happy about it. we finally talked to the preacher and we have changed the date to the 11 and we hope that it doesnt get changed to 2010. that would be just horrible but i will live. lol but other then that nothing new.

hope the move is ok. 

love the cake flavores

and welcome to the thread!

The Future Mrs. Denna Allred

www.DennaAndJacob.ourweddingday.com

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: DennaAllred

I have missed so much!!  I miss everyone here!!  i hope you are all well!

My medical crap continues, so wedding planning has been on the far back burner  :(  I feel SO far behind.  I just hope I can pull it all together & not kill myself!

Congrats to Musha for the job!!  That rocks!!  :)  Yay!!  And dress #3 is GORGEOUS!!!  :)  And also, congrats to all the ladies who have been moving.  I'm sure it's been busy.  I hope you are all happy in your new homes  :)  

Not much to report here for wedding stuff.  I am cutting back my hours at work due to the pain & also my publisher wants me to write a lot more (what a GREAT excuse!  :)  Blame it on the publisher, not the disease!  :)  ).  We're hoping desperately to get out to NY soon to finish the wedding plans. 

So, that's it from Las Vegas.  HUGS to everyone!!  :)

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

Luvu - we are neighbors!  Way kewl!!

Welcome!   I am an 'older' bride - not for the first time, still having a wedding for a variety of reasons.  Doing Red/White/Blue - shooting for casual elegance.

Yes, we've thought about buffet - the food still has to get out there somehow and clean up done.  It will all work out I know.  Still working on pondering some decorating ideas.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine