VOTE ON THIS ETIQUETTE QUESTION!

Online Users: 1,283 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 130

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: VOTE ON THIS ETIQUETTE QUESTION!
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmason

Dear Mrs Mason,

"color-coordinated mumu's for everyone to wear"

Too funny!

I vague remember reading somewhere (I think it was Etiquette Hell) of a bride who sent catalogs with neutral and khaki-colored clothing circled. She wanted all her guests to show up in that color pallette.

You laugh about the mumuus, but it's been tried!!! Turbans for the mullett guys, now that's another great idea.

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

omg, that is TOO great... I might have to try it! (kidding)

Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com AdorablePlanet.com

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 2:22 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

TOTALLY disagree with this statement Moho.

He he.  I love that!  Can everyone start calling me "moho?"   Cause it's cute :)

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 2:25 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

AOTB~  I agree, I thought it was really nice of my BM to offer to cover up the tattoo, not only because she knows how I feel about it, but also because she is like a daughter to my mom and she knows how my mom feels about it (my mom's attitude about tattoos is pretty strong, and very loudly voiced every time she sees one.) I was really appreciative of her attitude toward the whole thing because I don't know if I would have asked her to cover it up or not.  I hadn't decided yet, but I know it would have bothered me.

Message was edited by: mobride09 because of grammar issues :)

Message was edited by: mobride09

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 7:55 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Sorry about that. For some reason I read it as MOHO last night. Weird. Im tired what can I say LOL.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I can't leave you kids alone for ONE DAY, can I? That's IT - if you don't stop yelling at each other, I'm TURNING THIS CAR AROUND! :)

Come on, everybody - what's the big deal? So what if AOTB doesn't think visible tattoos are appropriate for work? I happen to agree - AND I HAVE A TATTOO! I got mine in a place where nobody can see it FOR THAT VERY REASON. There are simply some situations - like being at work - where it is just not appropriate to show tattoos. As a young professional who looks even younger than I am, I need all the help I can get. If having no visible tattoos helps with my image, then so be it.

In general, I have no problem with visible tattoos, unless they are overtly offensive. I wouldn't think twice about anybody - even a BM - with visible tattoos at my wedding. As an artistic individual, I don't care for 'clip-art tattoos,' which is how I refer to tattoos that were chosen off the wall of the tattoo parlor rather than hand designed for the individual, but that's my opinion.

Yeah, it does get old that AOTB states her opinions as facts - but to be totally honest, I normally do, too. It just makes sense to say, 'Tattoos are an interesting form of artistic expression,' rather than 'I THINK tattoos are an interesting form of artistic expression.' If I'm saying it, I obviously think that, so I'm just being redundant in saying, 'I think.' So why not state my opinions as facts? It is a fact that I think X, which is my opinion.

I can't believe I'm defending somebody who thinks tattoos are ugly, since I happen to like them, but she's really just giving her opinion, which she has every right to do.

You know, I really think it's time we let all this etiquette stuff rest for a while. We're all getting pretty worked up for no good reason, and I, for one, have enough stress in my real life at the moment that I'm not enjoying the drama. I'll be over on the Hate Thread!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

See-Now THAT was nice Mr. K.

I enjoyed it. Not really any raunchiness or anything. Very nice. How did that feel? See you got the same point across to me without all the unnecessary language! 

You're My Hero!

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

toto Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

RanAway,

I have to say that I agree with Kelley on this one.  Your attacks on her seem totally random, and I don't see where they're coming from at all.  

And the people who are upset with Aunt, I'd like to know why it just occurred to them that this is how she responds - frankly and to the point.  Sure she states her opinion as fact, but she's always done it that way.  Why the sudden outcry over it?  

I would have to say E on the voting.  Maybe tattoos are ugly to some, but if it's what makes the person feel good, then so be it.  I have one of my own, but it's in a place that is ALWAYS covered, so I don't worry about it.  

BTW, I know this is my first post, but I somehow got logged off my old name, totobride, and couldn't get back on, so I created a new one.

Message was edited by: toto

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

oh my gosh, I glad my boss isn't in today as I started cracking up when I read this line - "and by that, I mean a devil-worshipping penis snorting cocaine"

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I vote E, unless it was something very obscene.
//www.TickerFactory.com/"> 

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

E, although I would mention to my photographer to make sure not to get random tattoos in special shots though. it's one thing for the photographer to get it in a candid shot, but when it comes to the ones where the bride and groom are supposed to be the focus, you wouldn't want anything distracting in those shots, ya know?

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: toto

toto-

It's just the whole "class" thing! Between the building up of reading her attacks on others recently and my Portuguese temper, I said what I had to say. I am NOT a mean person.  I have respect for myself and usually nothing bothers me. It was a horrible weekend for everybody on the Boards, I believe.

All's forgotten as far as I'm concerned....

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Umm okay. What "attacks?" Again - I disagreed strongly with a couple people. YOU attacked ME out of nowhere. Called me hateful,told me to Grow Up, siad you have no respect for me, and insulted many other things about me. To me,that was pretty hateful and classless. And now all is forgotten? Okay. Maybe for you it is, but Im not the one who came out of nowhere with a character assult either.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelly-

You have over 8,000 posts and I'd be willing to bet that at least 25% of them are derogatory toward other women on this Board. I don't have time BECAUSE you have over 8,000 posts. I've seen you attack other women's opinions behind their back on other threads, and attack their values, etc.

Yes, I do think you are childish or were. This isn't a popularity contest. You are not in high school anymore. That's how you were acting. 

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

kelley-

It took me ALL OF 20 seconds to find a post of you DEcharacterizing/bashing another woman on this Board.

Maybe I should keep posting your bashing rampants. You sure make yourself out to be a saint. This could be fun!

I rest my case, as they say in the legal field I love so much! 

Here You are SunShine! Oh-and don't think for a minute Kelley hasn't "bashed" some of you at some point.

"WOW go to work all day and look at what you miss. I think the lesson here is this: Dont piss off a bunch of lushes in a message board!!! lol. Damn. Im not a big drinker, I could honestly care less about drinking as I stated somewhere about 20pages back on this thread lol, I have a lot of alcoholism in my family so Im not too big on it. However, even I can tell you that whoever this Cindy girl is... she is not mentally stable. I actually read her post on here I think last night or early this morning before I left for work, and I remember thinking... Oh Boy, this is going to cause some drama!!! lol. She sounds like some whackjob cult member or something, so I wouldnt even spend time replying to it. I do need to check out her other posts though.... too funny lol."

Oh-An alology for you-it doesn't matter WHO you are talking about on this message board. Just the same as my posting a faceless picture of a woman with a tattoo on my thread.  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine