VOTE ON THIS ETIQUETTE QUESTION!

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 130

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: VOTE ON THIS ETIQUETTE QUESTION!
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

I know the economy is bad, and we are all stressing about one thing or another, but damn!!! 

There is no reason to jump on AOTB that way.  Yes, some things she says, I may not agree with, but guess what?  Who cares, because she is entitled to an opinion, just like I am. 

Oh by the way, I say E. and I personally love tatoos!!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Opinions are opinions and Aunt said nothing about the girls going out looking ugly. She just does not like tattoos. 

Knox - see below. She did say EXACTLY that.

if a person wants to go out looking ugly, that's their problem not mine.

As for me being part of some sort of GANG "attacking AOTB" - no. My opinions are my own and noone elses. No gang. And no attack. Just saying what I think. Is she the only one allowed to do that now? Noone can strongly disagree or point out things? I dont see whats so uncalled for about my last post. And Im certainly not "spreading the hate." Cmon now. I never said anything about HATING anyone. Im disagreeing. I happen to disagree with a lot of things that AOTB has to say. A lot of people AGREE with a lot of things she has to say. So only the ones who agree with her can speak? I think not. Its not a big deal. Theres no"hate" on my end. Just saying what I think.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Christ's sake Kelley,

CALM DOWN! 

First I want to tell you what my OPINION is of you, whether you like it or not. I USED to have respect for you. I am going to keep the rest in my head because I choose not to comment on the Boards.  

Can I ask you something? Doesn't it take all of your energy to be miserable and so full of hate? You seriously must stop getting yourself all worked up! Do you lose sleep at night? Do you have nightmares thinking about the Boards? 

And you're talking non-class? May I remind you of at least TWO "poop" threads I know of that you created? ONE OF YOUR POOP THREADS HAD A TOILET BOWL FULL OF HUMAN FECES - AND YOU POSTED A FREAKEN PICTURE OF IT! I can't even remember if you said it was yours? I can't remember-I didn't read too much of it-I was sickened. 

Yea-you with the fetish for poop and your husband with the language to match. Um, Yaa, Kelley-real class.

If that's not classless, then I don't know what the HELL IS!

You have over 8,000 posts and you're concerned about others' opinions?  Use your energy toward something useful like a class in "WEDDING PLANNING ETIQUETTE" 

Man-You'll need it. Grow up. 

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

HUH??? And you think THAT post was full of class? Real nice.

Im not even mad NOR am I full of hate. No I dont stay up nights thinking about the boards. What was in my post that was so hateful? As for the poop thread - it was a JOKE! Of course its not MINE LOL It was just a random thing to post a long time ago as a joke I was ina weird mood.

And what does wedding planning etiquette have to do with anything? Youre not even making any sense. YOU are the only one who seems full of hate here - apparently toward me. I, on the other hand, am capable of disagreeing strongly with someone on ONE thread - and still finding common ground with them on others. I dont HATE anyone on here. Never said that. You are the one who seems to be getting all worked up here. I dont even understand why. You USED to have respect for me but not anymore? What the heck did I do to you suddenly? Disagree with you? Have a sense of humor? Ive always been the same person on here. I havent changed. Im lost as to why the sudden loathing for me. so you dont like my DHs thread,dotn think its funny whatever. So what? Its not your thing. Big deal. Other than that and me disagreeing with you on some things - Im a bit lost as to why you feel the need to post this character breakdown of me.

Hey - not everyone likes everyone. Not much I can do about that. Im just lost as to what I did,thats all. Oh well.

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Message was edited by: kelleyiskelley

DutchBride Posts : 118 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

E!  If they are not offensive, then don't worry yourself about it!  

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & that the Eskimos has a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep & there are no words for that -Brian Andreas

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

C'mon, Kelley-

You're on a rampage! Why are you looking for drama? Is that what you're all about?

The comment about the wedding planning etiquette? I sat and thought about that. Then I thought there's no way I'd want to have someone guiding me in my wedding planning when I find out that she had been talking about me behind my back, (like you do EVERYBODY when you have some little conflict). Run to another thread, voice your opinion about someone and then see how many people you can get on your side or to agree with you.

I'll bet you had no idea that girl was sitting RIGHT BESIDE ME! Yup, and this thread was actually her idea. So before you decharacterize someone make sure you have the facts!

I DID!

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Seriously. Im completely lost as to what youre talking about. Im on a rampage? Huh? I dont even know what to say to this random character assult on me out of nowhere. So Ill say nothing because I am clueless as to where this is all coming from.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ha ha-

So you're "clueless" and I'm "confused". Tell your husband that yes, I'm still confused.....(he asked me that in another thread) 

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

E. I don't care about tattoos...my sis has them everywhere too To each their own!

Scheherazade Posts : 107 Registered: 3/12/07
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

I defintely say E. I don't have any problem with tattoos. As a matter of fact I have one, and would have more if I had the chance. It is something personal to myself alone, and only DH and I know exactly what it means and why. Hardly anyone could be able to read it, to them it would look like a jumble of weird letters. I have had someone (who thinks they are so schooled in  ettiquette) wrinkle up their nose and tell me "UGH, didn't you want a nice flower or butterfly?" Hell no!! Why in the world would I want something that was completely meaningless to me? I know others have those tattoos that symbolize something for them, nothing directed at them. End mini-rant.

My DH on the other hand, is like AOTB. He hates tattoos, piercings (not even ears), even doesn't really like jewelry or makeup. That's fine. He knows my tattoo is part of me. It doesn't change the fact that he still doesn't like tattoos. But the tattoo is on ME. He loves ME. I am not my body, or what's on it.

Miranda and Martin - April 5th, 2007

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

E. - but she DEFINITELY does NOT get a handwritten invitation. Not because of the tatts, but because of that HAIR! Please, woman, tame your locks, you're going to be in MY WEDDING PICTURES!

Besides, I am thinking of getting FH's last name on my ring finger - last thing I want is a woman in with tattoos when I want EVERYONE to focus on MY FINGER!

Said in jest. Sort of. I'm serious about the invitation :)

person op - reveal your personality however you desire. Tattoos, piercings, whatever. Honesty is better, especially with yourself.
I totally understand brides who get disgruntled with maids because they dye their hair a drastically different color, or have tattoos that some might construe as gaudy or un-needed. Shoot, I'm one of those. But, remember, you love the person for them, not their body art :)

Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com AdorablePlanet.com

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmason

Also - as humorous as this is...

yawn

Personally, to a PP, I'm kinda appreciating someone helping AOTB remove the stick.

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Just out of curiosity Runaway, if your friend is sitting right next to you, how did she take that statement by AOTB about going out looking ugly? Were you embarrased that she showed up with her tatoos visable? How did you field those questions about her tatooos that your guests came to you with? Did you feel that it was a bad reflection on you? let's ponder another situation, what if two of the invited guests were gay men or lesbian women and they held hands or kissed each other at a wedding, should the bride inform them to refrain from any public displays of affection because some other guests may be offended? For the record, no matter how proper or classy people may profess themselves to be everyone, and I mean everyone judges everyone else, it's what humans do, 200 years ago, if your friend showed up with a tatoo, she very well may have burned at the stake as a witch. Opinions followed by judgements can be dangerous things, They've been the basis for genocide for centuries. When AOTB stated that if she wants to go out looking ugly, that's when her opinion ended and her judgement began. As far as Your responses to Kelley go, if you're mad at me because of something I say, take it up with me, You've judged Kelley on the basis of how you translate a post on a public board, which is subject to speculation. You've never met her nor do you know anything about her. You've judged her because you don't like her sense of humor. I've seen how professionally she performs in her business, she's volunteered her time to children desperately hoping to be adopted. I'm sure that part of your prejudice for Kelley is because you don't like me.  You may find me classless because I tell you exactly what I feel. I have to be this way, I see people at their absolute worst and lowest points in their lives, I've had to tell people they no longer have a spouse or a child, I do a job knowing full well that I may walk into someone's house and find a loaded gun pointed at me, and an unstable person holding onto it I'm part medic, and wheteher I like it or not, part social worker too,and I've dealt with enough people to know that they respect a straight answer a hell of a lot more than someone who showers them with sugar and BS, even if it's things they don't want to hear.

EMT - I'm not here to save your life, just prolong your miserable existence

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

Along with my handwritten invites, I've decided that I will be sending along color-coordinated mumu's for everyone to wear. That way, no flab, no skin, no tattoos, no physical impurities, etc will show.
O, and maybe turbans to cover hair and balding heads and mullets.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: Scheherazade

Dear Miranda,

"My DH on the other hand, is like AOTB. He hates tattoos, piercings (not even ears), even doesn't really like jewelry or makeup. That's fine. He knows my tattoo is part of me. It doesn't change the fact that he still doesn't like tattoos. "

Cool. Similarly, my large birthmark has never been an issue with my husband. It's just "there", though not by my own choice. I do choose, however, to leave it there.

My dermatologist gets a day-dreamy look in his eye when he looks at my arm. I can just imagine he's thinking of that boat he will buy if I agree to go through the procedure! ;)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine