Wow, just wow.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Wow, just wow.
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 4:47 PM

Thought I'd share this with you ladies. A few of you might remember sometime back on one of the "pregnant bridesmaids" threads I mentioned that I had a "friend" who totally freaked out when I mentioned the mere possibility of my husband and I talking about trying for kids soon. Well I got an email from her today.

Basically it said one of her bridesmaids dropped out and she had heard from a mutual friend that I was not pregnant nor would I likely be by her christmas wedding. So she would graciously allow me back into the wedding party (Except I dropped out she didn't boot me).

Along with the email she sent me what was required of the bridesmaids. A dress that was so pink, it made hot pink pale in comparison that was full of ruffles and rhinestones. She's just having a big ole ruffly wedding. Her dress, I know for a fact she paid a lot of money for, and I can't even begin to describe it.  I personally do not like it. I would never tell her that, but I actually don't know many people who would like it.

The email goes on to show me the matching pink 3 inch heels with glittery stones in them, and instructions on how I MUST wear my hair up because she's wearing hers down and none of her BMs are allowed to wear their hair down. Even half down, no BM is allowed, to wear their hair down.

Also, now that I'm a BM again (She just assumed I'm jump to be in the wedding once more) I would be required to chip in 500 dollars for her bachelorette party. What?! Are you crazy, she has three other bridesmaids, I'd have made four. What kind of party do you want that would cost that much money?!

I wrote her back and told her as nicely as I could that it was simply not feasible to be in her wedding. (Especially not after seeing that dress!) She's treating her BMs terribly I'm surprised she has any left at this point.  

I thought if anyone could identify some of you wonderful ladies would. 

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Wow, just wow.
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

Holy crap! That's sheer craziness! 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Sister, you dodged a serious bullet!

AmySquared...two November brides "on a mission from Gad"! 

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

dear KKB,

I'm speechless.

"I wrote her back and told her as nicely as I could that it was simply not feasible to be in her wedding."

Excellent. You took the high road. And, I hope you have a beautiful baby, at a time appropriate for you and your husband.

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

Kudos to you. I would have said no too.

Formerly San Ramon Bride

The Big Day: 9/20/08

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

good for you.  Sounds like you saved yourself a major headache.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Wow oh wow is right! Now, I have to say, even if I hated a friend's choice for BM dress, I would keep quiet and go with it. But it was pretty ballsy of her to assume you would want back in.

The worst offense, though, in my opinion, is requiring you guys to  pay $500 each!! Holy molten lava! I can't even begin to say how rude that is. Geez. Congrats on getting out of that wedding party!

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

I didn't wanna be super rude or anything, so I told her politely Oh yeah, I was appalled at the 500 a piece for her bachelorette party! You don't just tell people that's what their doing. You don't just get one, if someone choses to throw one for you, you should be grateful for that!

She sent me another email pretty much saying how sorry I was going to be when I saw how fantastic her wedding was going to be. Yeah I'll start crying about it right now. 

sarahledford Posts : 56 Registered: 8/10/08
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

I think what I have discovered is that the world is FILLED with people who are too demanding.  Whether it be the Brides or the guests everyone wants everything, and nobody can make everybody happy.  This bride in particular is just spoiled rotten and probably has been her entire life.  I'm SO VERY glad I have chosen to do a private ceremony (with NO WP) and a relaxed intimate (60 guests) reception.

VISIT MY WEDDING SITE!!! WWW.RYANANDSARAH.THEBIGDAY.NET

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 3:27 AM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

I have to admit that I am sending my friends who I want to be my bridesmaids cards asking them to be in the wedding (officially since most were already asked or it was just known) and in the letter I am telling them what dress and shoes I have chosen. I dont care about hair and it is up to them if they want to spend money on a party or not. So I can see how it is a good thing that she lays it all out on the table that way since you cannot or simply do not want to pay that amount you can decline. But you are right, she does sound rather tacky, even though it is her wedding to be as tacky with as possible. I dont quite get why brides care though how their bridesmaids style their hair. You should be confident enough in your friends to know they will show up looking nice and clean, hair up or down shouldnt really matter.

It is the $500 for the bachlorette party that is INSANE. I think you can give or take certain things that people ask for in their wedding. For some reason she must think that they tacky bridesmaid dress is pretty. But common sense would tell someone that $500 is way too much to be asked to spend to be apart of someones wedding. I am curious as to what kind of party she is planning on having in which $500 is needed at all let alone from multiple people. If you find out what she is wanting to do I would love to know.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 3:36 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Hey Kat - this chick sounds CERTIFIABLE. Run like hell and dont stop until you cant see her anymore. If I got an emial like that, I would think I was being PUNKED. WTH?:)

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

I have the same response as Art. Holy crap!

I am with Kelley run like hell!

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

Wow. I can understand letting the BMs know up front about the dress and shoes, and even letting them know about the hair (Though the hair wasn't important with me, I actaully suggested that one of my BMs do her hair exactly like I did mine. LOL). 

BUT $500 for a party!!!??? WTH?? Shoot, I don't think my girls would have paid that much for dresses, shoes, hair, gifts, bacholerette party and my wedding shower combined!!!

dewdropinn Posts : 156 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

Every time I read a post like this, I start imagining what crazy things I could have tried to get from my bridal party.

I gave them a dress color and required that they were at the wedding... I should have demanded some fantasy vacation just to see what they would do.

" alt="" />

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: dewdropinn

I should point out it's 500 a piece. So in essence she wanted 2000 extra. She realized no one was going to throw her a party, and decided to throw one for herself, with money "donated" from her bridesmaids. Yeah being upfront with the dress and shoes would have been ok. But, being so anal retentive is not. One of her bridesmaids explained that she often got headaches from keeping her hair pinned up (She has really long thick hair) and was going to just put it into a pony tail and curl it up. Well the bride threw a bitch fit about it, and told her she either wore a fancy updo or she was out of the wedding party.

She emailed me again, trying to pull the "We use to be such great friends.." We were friends, five years ago. I wouldn't say we were particular close, and I did not invite her to my own wedding. I'm not sure what she's thinking.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine