jealous MOH

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

bobbysbride Posts : 14 Registered: 8/5/08
jealous MOH
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:18 PM

I have been friends with my MOH for the past 9 years, well she has been dating this guy on and off for the past 7 years and still no proposal, they just moved together in last week. I have been dating my FH for 5 years. Its getting close to the date and sometimes I feel that she is jealous of the whole marriage because she has talked to her BF about marriage but he is still not ready. There are times where she will not even mention the wedding plans or bridal shower on how she can help. I told her once about 9 months ago if I did something to offend her but she said no she was just stressed from work and her BF, but its happening again.

Should I just leave it alone? there are 5 more weeks left.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: jealous MOH
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: bobbysbride

Just leave it be.  As hard as it is to believe, no one cares about your wedding but you.  Well maybe your groom.  If she is not bringing it up it may be that it just is not at the top of her list.  She could be stressed. 

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: bobbysbride

starlight24: One of BM is no longer in my wedding because of other issues, so I thought.  Come to find out from my MOH that my wedding started to get to her (x-BM) because she had been engaged 2 years before me and my MOH was engaged after me.  We both have our dates set mine being next month and my MOH next summer.  She admitted she didn't want to participate after all because it was too hard for her to deal with.  That sucks on her part because the three of us have been friends for 9 years.  It was hard for me to let it go but you just have no choice.  Let her deal with it... you don't have the time cater to her whims.

What really sucks for you is that if she's you MOH who's planning your parties? A MOH has alot of bridal responsibilities to the bride. 

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

Message was edited by: nanette927

bobbysbride Posts : 14 Registered: 8/5/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

my mom and me or other bridemaids have put their ideas basically everyone has had their two cents but my MOH, so right now I really just dont even want to deal with her and just think about my FH and me, thanks for the advice ladies

MrsMinor4EnE Posts : 255 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: bobbysbride

I went through the same thing. I have known my hubby for 13 years but we only dated for less then a year when we got engaged. My MOH had been dating her guy on and off for 9 years and he was just afraid to get married. She was stand offish on my whole wedding planning but I didnt bug her cause i know it would make it worse. Dont worry it will all work out. Just if you over whelm her with wedding stuff it could put a strain on your friendship so just let it be. It will all be ok in the end.

Sadiekins Posts : 18 Registered: 8/3/08
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: bobbysbride

I had always thought that this one girl was going to be my MOH. After all, I was her moh. But the closer it got to actually having to make a decision, the worse I felt about it. I got this gnawing feeling in my stomach. 

In the end, I asked my sister, and have felt so much better about it. Even though sis and I aren't exactly close (we're eight years apart) I just knew it was the right decision.  

I know that my wedding isn't foremost in my bridesmaid's minds. Two of them have young children and sis is planning her own wedding for December. I don't expect them to focus everything on my wedding. However, I do need to tell them that we need to get together for a day to go try on their dresses. note to self call bridesmaids!!

That said--just a few weeks to go, I'd let it go. Especially at this point, just relax.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine