The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: Update ~ pregnancy not happening
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Thank Stargazer!  I cannot believe our little Faith will be here in less than 11 weeks.  The doctor has told me that he won't let me go more than a week overdue.  

I also second what Kennysoldwife said, don't let the stories worry you.  Every pregnancy is different.  Other than a few weeks of indigestion in the first trimester, I have had an easy pregnancy.  My doctors tells me at every visit how great my numbers are and to just keep doing what I am doing.  Of course, I haven't gone through delivery yet though, so we will see how that goes.  :)

Take care!

Janice 

It's a girl! Little Faith Ann is due October 17, 2008!Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

ChicaChels Posts : 656 Registered: 10/12/06
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

happy thursday ladies! thank goodness its almost the weekend!! i havent posted in awhile...school has been kicking my rear the past couple weeks!

well i go to the ob-gyn tomorrow to get my pre-pregnancy check up and make sure its safe for dh and i to ttc! well and get my tyroid checked - i have not had a period since july 2 and ive done those ovulation sticks everyday since i got off my period. and i havent ovulated. i just want to make sure everything is ok! is there any questions i should ask my doctor tomorrow? ive never ttc or been pregnant before! :)

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/ChelseaSturgill&SamKenkel

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

stupid double post...sorry

Message was edited by: ChicaChels

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

"Its really not as bad as it sounds." Um no - it sounds much much WORSE. Rena you keep topping yourself with these horror stories. The kid POOPED inside of you? Okay Im about to gag for real now. I didnt even know that was possible. What other nightmares dont I know about? Oh.My.God. And you all keep saying every pregnancy is different. Well sure but knowing my luck - Ill end up being one of the people who has all the nightmarish stuff happen from day one right to the end. Almost every female in my family had the nightmare pregnancy and labor - Im old and that worries me because I konw of all the risks and how hard it is on the boady after 35 and Id be WELL after 35 - and Im overweight by a lot and I know thats not healthy. So if I ever DID get pregnant, the first thing I would want to do is lose this weight before doing so. And that might take another YEAR because Ive got a good 70 pounds to lose. At least. Just to get to a healthy weight. And Im still unsure if I want kids the "natural way" but if I do, I need to be prepared. And these stories sound like HELL ON EARTH lol. Sorry. THey just do.

Celiny Congrats to you!!! And Kennys too on your grandchild. Awesome. Yay ....

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Chelsea - good luck at the doctors!  Let us know how everything goes.  My mom has hypo thryoid and I know they thought she was going through menopause early (young 40's when she was diagnosed), until they finally realized it was her thryoid.  She was happy they diagnosed her, but sad to know she realy hadn't gone through the change yet (o: 

Kelley - yes babies can poop inside of you.  Just like Kennysoldwife said, it is typically when they are overdue.  It also can happen when they are under a lot of stress trying to be delivered.  I had both strikes against me.  It is called meconium.  Sometimes the baby can inhale it and that can cause a lot of problems.  Joey didn't inhale much.  They suctioned him out right away and for the first week or so of his life his breathing was a little raspy.  Some babies have to stay in the NICU for some time due to it.  It can also cause longterm breathing problems, asthma being one of them. 

I know you were asking about adoption, the Parents magazine (the newest one) has a whole article about adopting.  I think there are 4 different stories of families who adopted.  You should check it out. 

So I just found out my aunt has lymphoma (spelling??) cancer.  About a month ago I saw her and her neck was HUGE, and she just got a surgical biopsy done.  My mom went with her yesterday to get the news.  They are going to send her for an MRI to see if it is anywhere else and then start chemo/radiation.

I also found out about a month ago that my MOH has cervical cancer.  5 years ago she lost her virginity to this guy who gave her herpes.  She also contracted HPV.  She told me about the herpes about 3 years ago, I didn't know about the HPV.  They have to remove some of her cervix in September.  They have to wait until then becuase her immune system is so low becuase she has never taken the drug she's supposed to for the HPV.  I feel terrible, she is so ashamed of everything.  When she was telling me about it, she made it sound like she only had precancerous cells and she had to have them scraped off.  I was saying oh don't worry that happens to a lot of people.  Well come to find out she wasn't giving me the full truth.  It sucks.  The first ob/gyn she went to made her feel like shit and told her they were removing everything and she would never be able to have a baby.  She went to that appt the Sat after Joey was born, the day her and her mom came in to meet him.  Apparently she left our room and started bawling her eyes out.  So she went to Boston and they told her they were going to do everything they can so she'd be able to have a baby someday.  I feel terrible because she wasn't coming to see the baby, wasn't calling to ask about him or anything.  For someone who was one of my best friends, I was getting rather pissy. I had no idea all this was going on, and then felt like an ass for even having those thoughts.  So I don't know what date in September, I have to find out more.  She might be coming over tonight so we'll chat about it. 

There is too much bad news going on right now.  GRR!!! 

But I start work on August 18th - and am SO sad!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Janet81 Posts : 56 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

ok, I am not trying to get pregnant yet, but I have been lurking on this thread forever. I love reading everyone's stories, even the gross or scary labor stories! :)

My husband and I just got married in April and are thinking about trying to get pregnant next summer. I'm a teacher, so getting pregnant in late summer-early fall is ideal for us.

Anyway, we were at Target last night and walked by one of those clearance end caps. They had a really cute crib set on clearance ($20 and it was originally $80!) with a crib bumper, reversible blanket, and a fitted crib sheet. I glanced at is and kept walking, but my husband picked it up and asked me if it was a good price. He knows when we eventually get pregnant I want to decorate the nursery in blue with either an animal or ocean theme, regardless of the baby's gender. (Blue is my favorite color and was the element that tid everything together in our wedding). Well this deeply discounted crib set was blue, white and tan with different animals including whales and sea turtles, so it fits in with my future nursery. :)

So, my husband said "Put it in the cart. I think we  should get it." I thought that was so cute. It was a little embarrassing when the cashier asked if we we had a little boy at home or if I was pregnant with a boy. Thankfully she also said, "I didn't think you looked pregnant, but you never know, some people stay so small." lol

Ok, I just wanted to share! :) 

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: Janet81

I have to say, I have the opposite reaction to all of the stories:  of course, my main objective is to be a mother, but all of these stories make me want to experience such a life changing event.

Maybe they don't scare me so much because I have read just about every book on pregnancy and labor/delivery I could get my hands on, but I feel like even the scary stories can only make me more prepared.  I can't wait to have a baby of my own! 

I babysat for a friend of my family last night.  I was watching a (barely) one year old little girl named Lydia, and it just reinforced that I want to be a mother so badly.  I'm hoping this month is it!  I'm on CD31 of a 34 day cycle, so, I should know relatively soon!

Oh!  And Janet - that story is sooo cute!  My husband doesn't want to buy anything just in case we actually can't get pregnant.  I have some health issues that will make it harder to get pregnant (if possible at all), but I fell in love with a crib when we were furniture shopping a few weeks ago, and I just had to order it.  We won't put it together until we actually get pregnant, but at least we'll have it!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Message was edited by: totobride

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Aug 10, 2008 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: totobride

Hey ladies!  Congrats Celiny!  SO exciting!

I want to second everything that Sarah said.  Life with a baby changes everything.  Aaron and I were just able to spend our second evening together without Haley since she has been born.   We have been arguing just because we are so sleep deprived...He works all the time because I am off on my family leave and no longer getting paid by short term disability and thne i get crabby (like Rena) that I don't get a minute to myself.  It's so tough but Haley is the best thing that has ever happened to us.  I guess my advice is to just go with the flow and enjoy some time together before the baby.  It's so worth it! 

Haley slept from 10:30 until 6 this morning... thats the longest she has ever slept!  I was so scared this morning when I looked at my clock and realized what time it was!  I thought I had forgotten her or something scary.  I wrote down our routine last night and tried to follow it again tonight so we will see!

Janice, How are you?  I hope you aare enjoy your last couple months of pregnancy, Faith will be here before you know it!

Rena, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and aunt... (I think it was your aunt.. sorry)  I have those cells on my uterus... and will have to have a piece removed shortly.  There's a lot they can do to make sure she can carry a baby... she will be in my thoughts and prayers :)

I know how you feel about back to work, I go Monday the 11th, as in a day from now and I am so heartbroken.  Then I start a new job on the 18th (which i am excited about) but haley will have to be with her nanny 2 hours longer each day :(  I am going to need a big 'ol box of kleenex at my desk.  It will be okay though because sometimes you need to work to provide the fun stuff for our kids, right?  I just keep telling myself that, in order to give her everything I want her to have, I have to work too... booo!

Well time for me to sleep while she is :)

Good luck to everyone and take care mommied (to-be)!

Nicole, wife to Aaron

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Message was edited by: nicolesybrant

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hi everyone. So DH and I are back from vaca and that is when we officially started trying. According to an ovulation calculator I am in prime season (starting last week) for getting pregnant. I just hope the 2 medications I take aren't going to negatively affect me.

DH is very excited and is very hopeful. He kept asking me if I was going to take a test as soon as we get home and I said it's too early for that. We're both very excited. Wish us luck.

If I do get pregnant soon I don't know what will happen with work as I just found out today that a co-worker of mine in my department is 9 weeks along. Surprised Oh well I'm not going to let that stop me from getting pregnant. Crossing my fingers

DH and I Rolled the Dice and Took a Gamble at Marriage on July 15, 2006 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! Viva Las VegasLaughing

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: 49ersfanatic

Congrats on starting TTC 49ers!  Your DH sounds very excited, the test thing was cute Lol  They never seem to get that just taking one whenever doesn't work.

If you are taking medication and are TTC I would talk to a doctor about the possible effects it might have, you never know.

Best wishes with your baby making :D

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

thats exciting 49'rs!

my doctors office called back today with my lab results from friday. my tsh levels are through the roof high and i have to go on a higher dose of synthroid. sigh. i have to go back sept 22 to get another lab drawn. i wanted to ask her about clomid but she woke me up and i totally forgot! it was nice though - the doctor actually is the one who called me today.

dh has to go and get himself checked. hes not looking forward to that dr. appointment. i think hes going to the infertility  clinic in two weeks? the dr. just wants to be sure everything is ok because i have never been on BC and we stopped using condoms like 6 months into our relationship. we went with the old fashioned pull and pray method and just said "whatever happens, happens"...but nothing has ever happened! wve been together 3 yrs!

jess....did you ever come back with your test results? if you did i missed it!!

ProudMother Posts : 1 Registered: 8/11/08
Re: pregnancy not happening
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

I know that everyone says not to chart things or keep track but i know how hard it can be not to do things to help get pregnant. Me and my fiance started trying in febuary of last year to get pregnant, that july i got my first positive pregnancy test and two days later had a miscarraige and i was heart broken but luckily the following month we got pregnant again and stayed pregnant. I just want to tell everyone i know its hard and disapointing to try and try without results but in the end it will happen when its ment to happen and it will be wonderful.

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

Thanks stargazer. I have been in talks with my ob/gyn, neurologist, cardiologist and genetics counselor back in April to prepare myself. I have been on mediciation for syncope (fainting disorder) and seizures since 1998 and will have to be on them the rest of my life. So I had to make sure to do all my research, homework, preparation, etc. before we started TTC.

When I went off of BC back in April I started taking a pre-natal and upped the amount of Folic Acid to give myself that extra precaution. So I'm hoping that everything goes well when I do get pregnant. That is one thing I am very scared and nervous about.

sigh

DH and I Rolled the Dice and Took a Gamble at Marriage on July 15, 2006 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! Viva Las VegasLaughing

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: 49ersfanatic

Sounds like you have all your bases covered 49ers and you're doing everything you can to prepare yourself and keep ahead of things which is awesome!  I hope all of your hard work pays off soon!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: ChicaChels

Chica what are TSH levels? Sorry Im dumb.

I just got all my bloodwork results back and everything is good. Yay. Im excited about that. Normal cholesterol,blood pressure,etc. I was worried because my mom is prediabetic and also because Im overweight but other than losing weight Im in good health. Whew. I hate doctors and going to them. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

I would really like to find out all I can about Adoption. Maybe Ill start a thread on it. I dunno. Im just really curious.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine