August 2008 Brides!!!

Online Users: 1,309 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 482

kowgirlbride Posts : 52 Registered: 3/30/08
Re: August 2008 Brides!!!
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

Wow!! Your aunt is very talented!!! The dresses and your hair are both gorgeous!!!

karma898 Posts : 69 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

I can't believe our weddings are coming up so quick!  August 9th is just around the corner.  I'm so overwhelmed with all the last minute details, we are still trying to put together a slideshow and our programs.  I also can't for the life of me find earrings to wear with my gown.  I found some that I love but they are made out of nickel which I'm allergic to.

karma898

Michgal Posts : 20 Registered: 6/26/07
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: karma898

The countdown is definitely on!  Met with the reception hall on Saturday, dropped off a ton of stuff, like the card box, kids buckets (filled with fun stuff to keep them occupied at the reception), table numbers, engagement photo, toasting flutes, beer mugs for the groomsman, event cards for the online pictures, menu cards.  

I have the trial on my hair on Tuesday night, pick up my dress on Wednesday afternoon, then Wednesday night I drop off all the supplies for the candy buffet to my florist.  She will set all of that up for me, which is a relief since the reception hall won't do that.  They will just place and light candles.  

I know by August 2nd there will be nothing left to do and I can hopefully relax until 8/8!  Off work on the 6th - 20th, I can not wait!  Honeymoon on Sunday, 8/10~~ St. Marteen here we come!

I made a list of all the little things that had to get done, it seemed to be much more manageable and when they were completed, crossed them off.  Wasn't as bad as I originally thought it would be!   

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: Michgal

Well some of you have already had the wedding, others are very close! I have 6 days left! Everything is set, except one thing, and I did post this on another thread, but wanted to see if anyone here has the same issue. I want to lose 5 more pounds by Friday! I know, not realistic. My dress is slinky and fitted, looks really good, especially if I suck in my gut, but who wants to walk around the whole night like that? Any ideas on a quick fix weight loss? Thinking Atkins, just til Friday. Not anorexic or anything like that, still have a good 20lbs to go before a healthy weight, just at a standstill with my current diet, weight watchers. Any ideas, please?

Thanks, Beth

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

thanks! I hope your wedding went off without a hitch! congratulations and I can't wait to see pics :)

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

BethM: avoid salt, drink water instead of soda, and get plenty of sleep. Spanx help too with the gut! Also, try to eat mostly fiber rich foods like spinach, blueberries, etc. to make you feel full without eating too much. Also it will help with the digestion.

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

The only problem with that is that the dress is backless, can only use the panty girdle, which shows lines in the dress, and makes my upper belly fat stick out over the panty. (sounds great, doesn't it?! LOL) So I have to wear a seamless panty.

Soon2bMrsL898 Posts : 64 Registered: 7/15/07
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: BethM

Just wanted to say Good Luck and Congrats to the Brides getting Married Today and this weekend...That's ME TOO...!!!So Happy the day is almost here...HAVE FUN & ENJOY

karma898 Posts : 69 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsL898

OMG I'm getting married tomorrow.....I can't believe it!!!!!  I'm so excited but nervous too.  The thing that sucks is that the forecast is for rain.  I swear, only in Vancouver, Canada does it rain in August. :(

karma898

Ijetski2 Posts : 36 Registered: 3/3/08
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 2:20 AM Go to message in response to: karma898

I agree good luck to all the upcoming Mrs. to be.  I can't wait, only one more week.  The 16th is coming up fast.  I think I have everything done, just need to finalize a few things with the caterer and I have 5 more centerpieces to complete.  Not a problem, I hope all goes off well.  My 4 wheeler has been cleaned up so I won't get oil on my dress.  Its been fun planning this and we have included lots of different ideas so our wedding will be truly our day.  I'm on vacation for the next almost 3 weeks so I plan to enjoy our quiet time.   

I have to laugh, its been raining here on the Oregon coast the last few days and its lucky to hit 65.  Ive never been so cold.  I hope the weather is better in Washington.  The reports look good so far.  I hope it doesn't rain that would mean lots of changes to the  days plans.  Cross our fingers. 

Good luck to all and God Bless

Counting down to Aug. 16th 2008.  Soulmates say I DOSmile

kowgirlbride Posts : 52 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

Well ladies I did it!!!!! The day was fabulous, weather was wonderful, only a few things did not go as planned. We just returned from our honeymoon in Vegas yesterday. Here a few pics. Will post more pics and details later!!

My dad and I make our entrance

Dad and I make our entrance

The ceremony

The best ring bearer ever!!!!

Our vows

Our first kiss!

Getting ready for the getaway

Riding off into the sunset!!!!

Here's a link to more pics http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/kowgirl_17/Our%20Wedding%20Day/

Hope everyones day has been fabulous. And for those that are yet to come ENJOY!!!!!!

81608Bride Posts : 91 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

I just wanted to wish good luck to all that are having their weddings this weekend!   I can't believe it is only 3 days away. 

Basically eveything is done - only dealing with tux issue right now.  Seems like everyone has had a problem so far (wrong jacket size, wrong pant size, etc) and I still am waiting to hear from 4 others that are trying them on tonight.  I think the best was my nephew's shoes and socks.  The receipts, bags, etc all said size 6 but the actual shoes and socks were only a size 3!!  The shop is getting the correct items for him.  Also, my FH talked to them and if anyone else finds a problem tonight we are to let them know by noon tomorrow to ensure we have the corrected items by Friday. 

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 1:58 AM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

Wow.  Great pics!!   I always rode my whole life until about 8 years ago.  Now we have 4 wheelers and our wedding went great.  Same kinda theme, lots of nature and "riding into the sunset.  Everything went as planned and we had a blast!   Im so glad to be past all the planning and see that it worked out right.  How fun is that!   Hope everyone else had a great day as well.  Good luck to us all in this new married life!!!
Counting down to Aug. 16th 2008.  Soulmates say I DOSmile

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 1:58 AM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

Smile

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

Congratulations to all of you who have been married this month! The pictures are great! I love the one of the dog!  Can't wait to see everyone else's!  I'm bringing up the rear with my ceremony on 8-31!

Maggie and Tom

08 31 08

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine