Calling all Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

BritSig64 Posts : 24 Registered: 1/24/07
Calling all Brides!
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 9:48 AM

I am going to be the BM in a wedding this weekend and myself and the other BM's are tring to come up with something for just us girls to do after the rehersal dinner the night before...

We don't want to do anything raunchy, or too expensive, but something fun with just the girls before the brides big day!

The night before my own wedding my husband and I took our wedding party to a Rockies baseball game...

I would love any ideas from brides out there - what you would want to do etc... We are wanting to keep this from the bride until the night of :)

..............Almost a MRS!!!!!

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Re: Calling all Brides!
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: BritSig64

It really depends on the bride. Some brides do want all the girls around the night before and want to go out or do dinner or something like that, and then other brides want to be alone or just with their FH. I was like that, my FH and I went for a long walk after our rehearsal dinner, really just let everything sink in, and then I just wanted to be alone after that. I was never stressed about the wedding but that night before I wanted to do things that really relaxed me, and I am the most relaxed when I'm either with my FH or chilling on my own. I wouldn't have wanted my bridal party with me, and they were cool with that, they were the same way when they all got married. 

Has she said she wants to do something after the rehearsal dinner? Maybe just check to make sure she does want to be out and with  you ladies. Like I said, everyone wants something different that night.

If she DOES want to go out with you all, do whatever she likes! A baseball game, drinks somewhere, whatever fits her personality.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

I agree with Beachwed--make sure the bride wants to do something after the RD. I was so exhausted the week before our wedding that all I wanted to do after our RD was go home and go to sleep.

I think anything that allows you to just hang out with each other and really be together would be fun: going to a casual bar and having drinks and playing pool, or going to someone's house and having drinks and doing mini-spa treatments . Maybe you could hire a professional massage therapist to come to the house with their massage chair to just give each gal a 10-15 minute shoulder massage while the rest of you are just hanging and having drinks.

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: BritSig64

Also, how late is the RD? I was in a wedding last weekend and the RD was at 6:00 but we didn't leave until 10:00, so we ended up going home and going to bed early. Has she already had a bachelorette party, or will this be it?

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

IF she does feel like doing something, what do you think about a poker game? hehe It might be neat, even if you guys aren't big gamblers.  Play with different candies or something and assign monetary values to them.  Have a few mixed drinks.... good friends.. It's always a good time. hehe
wedding ticker

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: BritSig64

Yeah, definitely make sure she wants to do something. She might be saving that time for last-minute stuff (I know a few brides who were literally writing out placecards at 2 AM night before their weddings). Personally, I didn't WANT to do anything after the RD, though I ended up staying up until about 2:30 since people kept bugging me for stuff. I had planned to be in bed by 11.

If she doesn't want to make plans that will make her stay up too late, why not plan something fun for BEFORE the rehearsal. I planned in advance to NOT BE BOTHERED BY WEDDING CRAP the day before the wedding, and spent the day hanging out with my girls. We had lunch, got manis and pedis, and then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging around one of my BM's houses, snacking and drinking champagne. We arrived at the rehearsal MUCH more relaxed than DH and the guys, who had ended up playing airport taxi service with my MIL, since she didn't want anyone in her family to have to take a cab or shuttle from the airport (ridiculous idea! I would have stopped her if I'd known in advance. The shuttle is only $20 PER GROUP for a round trip).

DaisypathWedding Ticker

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: BritSig64

I think our rehersal dinner was at 7 and I don't think we left before 10.  Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to do anything after dinner, even if dinner was over by 9.  I wanted to go home, unload my car, make sure I had everything ready for the wedding and honeymoon. 

So, just make sure this is something the bride would want to do.  The wedding day is going to be LONG so you don't want an exhusted cranky, slightly hungover bride on your hands!

MsMeghann Posts : 147 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Aug 6, 2008 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: BritSig64

hey Brit! first, i think that's supernice of you and the girls to think about your bride like that. kudos to you guys! but i def agree with the PPs on here about making sure she wants to go out. all the weddings ive been in or have been a guest at, the bride usually bows out early for her "beauty rest" (or last minute place card, program or diy centerpiece making! yes, ive seen all of those!).

if she does wnat to do something, why not go super low key and do an indoor girls night? some of my fondest memories with my girls, who are my bff's from college, were when we put on our "fat pants," ordered our favorite take out, made martinis and just watched movies or whatever. those were some of the best nights out!

good luck and again, good for you guys for wanting to do something nice for her! im sure whatever you do, she'll appreciate the fact that 1) you'll be with her on her biggest day and 2) you're thinking of her. what a lucky bride! :)

~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
Soon to be Mrs. Scherrer
www.MattandMeghann.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine