Question for Chicago Area Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

BellaBeautifulB... Posts : 78 Registered: 8/9/07
Question for Chicago Area Brides
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 5:14 PM

Have any of you heard of or are going with Essence Photography? They are based out of Schuamburg and Warrenville/Naperville. 

I had a friend who went with them and was really happy.  After an exhaustive search we signed with them for photo and video. 

I just thought if anyone had any critiques I would have a heads up and could avoid any unneeded mishaps. 

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Question for Chicago Area Brides
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Hello,

Essence Photography and Video is a multi photographer/videographer studio owned by a former DJ who earned his business degree.  As with any multi photographer/videographer studio you need to make sure you view the work of the talent who is actually going to photograph/video your wedding.  Part of the problem of booking a multi shooter studio is that they cannot be 100% certain who will be working for them next year and hence available to photograph your event.  

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Oops, double post.....

Message was edited by: MagicalMomentsPhotography

JodiMarie Posts : 185 Registered: 3/5/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Haven't heard of Essence, but just wanted to warn you to steer clear of ArtLynn Photography.  I used them for my wedding and am now having nothing but problems just trying to get my wedding photos. They are feeing us to death and turned my $2100 into a $3,000 holding my photos hostage unless we pay.

I also concur about seeing the photographer who is actually going to be photographing your wedding work. When we met with ArtLynn we were shown some great artistic photos that were done by the owner of the company, however come the wedding day that is not who showed up to do our photos. We got a very nice girl, but she was a beginner and her photos showed it, they turned out very average not artistic.

Jodi :0)

Married Sept 29, 2007, I am now Mrs. Pollack. 7 months of marriage so far and everything is great.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine