I need some help :(

Online Users: 1,235 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

wicket42 Posts : 4 Registered: 7/29/08
I need some help :(
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 6:02 PM

Hi everyone!  I really could use some help right now.  I'm in the early planning stages of my wedding.  My ideal is to have a destination wedding somewhere in the Caribbean (Yucatan is okay, too) at an all-inclusive resort.  We're thinking of getting married on New Years Eve 2009.  My fiancee and I aren't too limited budget-wise (although we like to keep things simple and as inexpensive as possible).  Our real worry is making the trip affordable for the handful of friends and family who are willing and able to make the trip.  From a few cursory searches, the prices at these resorts plus airfare are astronomical!  My fiancee refuses to ask our guests to pay more than 3000-3500 for airfare and lodging, and frankly I have to agree. 

I guess my question is, are we dreaming?  Is this even possible?  I would appreciate any insight.  I was so upset last night that my "dream wedding on the beach" seems a complete bust.  I just need to know if I need to "dream" something else until we win the lottery or something.

Thank you so, so much in advance.  I've really appreciated reading the message boards.  Seriously, thank you for reading my post :)

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: I need some help :(
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: wicket42

Hi Wicket.  Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your engagement.   I think you'll be able to do this and make your dream come true! 

There are two ladies that frequent these boards who can help you more than most of us others.  You can PM them by clicking on their ID's:  Nancy   -or-   elitegrp

Both ladies are super nice and helpful. 

Good luck and don't let go of your dream so quickly!! 

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view&current=cb216606.pbr

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Thank you so much!  I will definitely check out the names you gave me.  Your pics are gorgeous!!  Where is this?  You are a beautiful bride (I love your dress!!!)

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: wicket42

Thanks.  I got married at Sandals Grande in St. Lucia.  It was really pretty there.

Slideshow of our wedding photos:  http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view&current=cb216606.pbr

jetsetter Posts : 13 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: wicket42

There are many resorts that would offer rates that would fall within your budget for the guests, however, it depends where you are flying from and where you're considering going... AND Christmas and over New Year's will be the highest rates of the year, considerably higher than any other time of the year..

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: jetsetter

Hi jetsetter!  Thanks for the tip.  I checked some other dates on expedia, and I was very pleased to see some MUCH lower prices. Caribbean, here I come!!!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: wicket42

Hi wicket!

I, like you, never dreamed of having the wedding I always fantasized about! 

I was 40 and had given up all hope! My folks had passed and I'd given up on that "perfect wedding".

You've got a little ways to go and you've got plenty of time to plan. (I, personally, planned my entire wedding in one year.)   

I met the man of my dreams in February, 2007, got engaged in July, 2007 and married on the 19th of this month and I am still on a cloud!

I wish you the best in planning! 

I don't know much about finances and all that but I am just here to tell you to never, ever give up on your dreams!  

How many people do you plan on inviting or is it too early to ask?

Linda Jo and Dean July 19, 2008

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine/

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

We want to keep it small...maybe about a dozen of our closest family and friends. 

Congratulations on your wedding! 

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: wicket42

A-line White One Long Sleeve Open Back Knee-length Prom Dress With Applique
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $98.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-white-one-long-sleeve-open-back-kneelength-prom-dress-with-applique-p-32118.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 13, 2012 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: wicket42

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1858 is just $339.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine