Why an all-resort in Cancun is not the best place for a skin rash....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Why an all-resort in Cancun is not the best place for a skin rash....
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 12:34 AM

I'm married!!!! Woohoo!!! The day was wonderful (it rained a bunch, but also dried up in time for us to get some outside shots!) We didn't have too many problems - a few drunk people at the end, one weird guy tried to crash the reception and we almost had to call the cops on him (sure am glad the hall made me pay for security though!)

The best part was when we did a surprise first dance - we started out dancing to "Better Together" by Jack Johnson, but did one of the surprise cuts, and then had the DJ start playing "Smooth Criminal." It was hysterical and everyone was totally surprised. I'll post a video later.  

We had a driver pick us up at 11:45 p.m. to take us to a hotel in downtown Chciago, which should have taken about 30 minutes. Well, first he went to the wrong place, and English is not his main language, so we had a hard time getting him to the hall. Then he LITERALLY followed the speed limit - even the 5 mph ones at the toll booths!!! It was ridiculous! But oh well, when we got to the hotel (the Conrad!!!), they upgraded us for free to a suite! Oh man, it was nice. Plus, DH had set up champagned and rose petals in the room for me. It was soooo sweet!

The honeymoon was mostly awesome. It poured the first day because Hurricane Dolly had just passed by, but the rest of the time it was sunny sunny sunny! The hotel was wonderful, we got lots of free perks.

The one problem: my DH had a bit of rash right before the wedding. We didnt' think much of it, I figured we'd just buy some lotion, keep him from scratching at it and it would heal itself.

Well, it seemed to be doing OK until Thursday, when it got MUCH worse, like his whole torso was just covered. We tried everything we could think of, icing it, etc., but we're in a foreign country where all the medicine bottles are in Spanish, so I had no idea what was what.

So we get back at 5 p.m. today and head straight for an emergency care center, because we're going to an amusement park tomorrw with friends. They fixed him up OK - told him it's most likely an allergic reaction, gave him a steroid, told him to take CLaritin and we bought him some calamine lotion.

But we also found out that Cancun is basically the WORST place for a skin rash. Lets see, things that make it worse: sun - check. salt water - check. aspirin - check ( I actually forced it on him when he had a headache!!!!) alcohol - check check check!

Man, my poor baby! He's been miserable since Saturday, itching just everywhere!!!!

Well, hopefully he'll feel better soon and we can truly enjoy being married. I'll try to post pics later, plus the video of our most awesome first dance! 

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Why an all-resort in Cancun is not the best place for a skin rash....
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Woohoo!  Congrats on the wedding and marriage!

And - uhew - skin rash!  Hope your DH is on the road to recovery! 

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 6:35 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Congratulations!!! I hear you about the rash...I actually broke out three days before my wedding. Luckily (unluckily??), it got HORRIBLE before the wedding and honeymoon, so I was a few days into the steroid and slathered in Benadryl cream by the time we got there. I hope he's feeling better now. And I really want to see that video!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 6:36 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

YUK! I'm so sorry that happened on your guys' honeymoon! But hopefully he had a good time otherwise. :)

And congrats on the wedding going smoothly!  Can't wait to see PHOTOS! :D 

wedding ticker

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Congrats Stillgroovin!!  Your day sounds awesome.

And the rash story reminds me of the rash I had when we went to the Rivieria Maya. It started out under my arms like a bad razor burn. And it itched SOOO bad. I got some stuff from the hotel gift shop for the itching. I chalked it up to chlorine and salt water and the life vests we were wearing for snorkeling and the dolphin swim. I wonder if it's just the water....thats interesting though.

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

stillgroovin - That's great! I can't wait to see the video! Sounds like so much fun!

I had a rash break out all over my chest about halfway into our honeymoon and couldn't enjoy going to the beach b/c the sandy wind and salt water made it worse. Sorry that happened to your hubby. Hope he's all better now.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine