Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 5:57 PM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: shave my arms???
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 6:23 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hmmm. I would say No. I mean - is your arm hair something you would normally think about? On just a normal day? It doesnt sound like its anything thats out of the ordinary dark. If thats the case, I wouldnt worry about this at ALL. Mine is darker than yours it sounds like - and this isnt anything I ever even THOUGHT about to be quite honest. Its not noticeable; and even if it is; everyone has armhair! I think youll be just fine.:)

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Yeah I'd say dont' do it. Spend some time in the sun and it will lighten your arm hair.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

No. I've had to do it before (swimmer) and it grows back prickly and is just a big pain, plus a bit of razor burn does not feel good on your arms. If you did it, you'd have to keep doing it every day and even by the evening, your arms would be itchy and yea, just don't do it Tongue out

Nichole3 Posts : 1,410 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I started shaving my arms in high school for swimming.  I never had razor burn or anything.  I still shave them to this day.  I have black hair so the hair on my arms was pretty dark.  The hair now grows in lighter and finer than before.  When I have a tan you can't tell if I've shaved or not.  I shave all the way up to my bicep.  My grandmother shaved her arms too.  She had been a swimmer and eventually her hair stopped growing all together.

I think that really hairy arms on women is gross, but that's just my opinion.  If you don't like the way your arms look then shave them.  Just go all the way up. 

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I have been shaving my arms for years now. It depends on the person I'm sure but they've never grown back prickly and I've never had razor burn or rashes on my arms from doing it either.

I've thought about waxing them but haven't tried it yet. 

You could also try a hair lightening cream. 

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: Renee86

It doesn't sound like your arm hair is all that bad if it's light brown and thin.  I wouldn't worry about it. :)

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

RachelBuck2B Posts : 4 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I shave my arms. My arm hair is light blond and thin and hasn't grown back any coarser or darker (in fact I have heard that is a myth, but I really don't know for sure, just know my own arms!). I love it. I like to lift and stay fit and I think shaving makes my arms look skinnier and more toned. It also helps self-tanner go on more smoothly. I really only shave them once a week, sometimes once every two weeks if I'm lazy.

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

My best friend shaves her arms (hell, I think she shaves her whole damn body nearly every day, she's so paranoid).  As far as where to stop, I'm pretty sure she just does her forearms, maybe a few strays on the upper part.  She never complained about it coming in thicker or itchy or prickly, but that probably depends on the person.  I have another friend who gets hers waxed.  I'm sure it hurts and it's wayyy more expensive, but she says it lasts for a long, long time.

mattsdecemberbr... Posts : 10 Registered: 3/26/08
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I would definitely say no, especially if you are shaving them for the first time...what if they get all red and irritated, that would be much worse.  I see that sally hansen creme bleach all the time....that might work for you. Good luck! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine