WTF?!?!?!?!

Online Users: 1,239 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: WTF?!?!?!?!
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

I'm so confused! It says on all the old threads that the most recent post was yesterday...I keep clicking into old threads, thinking they're new. Aww, well - last year's drama is still interesting, particularly since the boards have been a little boring lately.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Hey All - Sorry I wasn't blaming anyone - no need to apologize I was just REALLY confused!!  LOL

It happens (the confusion) every now and then especially as the time is short to my wedding!  LOL

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I've got a weird one for you...

There are a ton of threads that EVERY POSTER is named "guest" and the only way I can figure out who's talking is by the signature!

Is this happening to anyone else?

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Retired

YES!!! I have that on the DRESS thread I mentioned called Post your Dress or something. Its a thread from 2005 and when you open it, ALL the posters are named GUEST and it looks like one person talking to themselves. LOL. Its soooo weird. And they all say "heres my picture" and then there are no pictures. I feel like Im on severe drugs.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

maybe because it is from 2005, they are no longer brides.com "members" so it changes their name to Guest. That's my only logical thought.

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

No, because I see signatures that I rcognize, so I know who is talking...

AGH.

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Retired

Hmmm.that is so wierd! I did read a thread once that had almost all "guests" and at first I thought it was the same person posting over and over again...and then, I read the posts and it made it seem like one person was just having a conversation with herself. i was amused.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

Oh, that's totally bizarre. I figured that the accounts were deleted, and that's why they appeared as 'Guest.' On the disappearing photos thing, I'm pretty sure that your photos will be deleted here if you delete them from photobucket or whatever program you use.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

OOOOhhhh, Call on me! Call on me! I can tell you why they all say "Guest." 2005 is when they merged Modern Brides and Brides.com. When they did the merging, they kept all of the old threads, but for whatever reason, they couldn't keep your account. You had to re-sign up. The website kept the threads but everyone's name turned to Guest. That's why in one of the dress threads, the first post says something about how she started the thread before but now she couldn't tell who the dresses belonged to. The signatures, pictures, etc. were all still there, but our names were gone.

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

LOL, yeah, the revival of the 2005 thread couldn't have been me re-reading my old threads and messing with my ticker...I came on New Year's Eve of 06.

I haven't seen the Guest thing, but way to go with the inside info LinzZ. 

Kelley...can you PLEASE bump the thread with Eddie's picture if you still have that thread saved?  That would just about make my week.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Go LinzZ!!

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

These are some crazy shenanigans. I bet it's some bored Brides.com programmer dicking around with us.

Jerk.

-Ness 

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Take a look at what I've got. I can't promise you a lot, but you and me and the road ahead. - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

LOL, LinzZ, you beat me to it.  I wasn't here during the Time Before the Merge, but once I was bored so I clicked ALL the way back to the beginning on family friends and guests just to see what was going on back then!

Random, but sort of on the same subject... remember when there used to be different colored boxes next to the threads?  Green if it was brand new and you hadn't read it before, orange if some new posts were added but you'd already looked at the thread, and blue if there was nothing new.  I miss those!  I'm constantly clicking on threads thinking they're new and then realizing I've already read them about 1,000 times. :-( 

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

HLY - I so wasn't here then, but I would love the color coding!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

Yeah, the color coding was nice. You didn't have to "watch" every thread that was interesting. The box would tell you if someone had added to the post.
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine