WTF?!?!?!?!

Online Users: 1,288 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 41

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
WTF?!?!?!?!
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:33 AM

All of the sudden old threads are being "revived" without any recent posts or apparent edits.  

What is going on?!>?! 

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Re: WTF?!?!?!?!
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thank you!  I was so confused!  I am really glad I am not the only one seeing this though.

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Maybe people are editing but unchecking the box that says edit. I always uncheck that box so I never have the message at the bottom that says it was edited.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

FMS - Ok, maybe that is it.  But it's A LOT of random threads!  Who knows.

But I didn't realize you could do that - I always want to be straight up with what I edit - to many bad issues, so I've never not done that.

Thanks! 

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

MoBride- Whew.  I was worried that I WAS the only one!  Although the PP indicated that posters can edit with no record, however, I've never seen it happen before.

Very odd. 

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 1:07 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

It is pretty random. Someone is probably really bored and trying to get some sort of attention or responses to some threads. Who knows! Ya I dont know why I always opt out to put that I edited a post. I only edit for spelling issues, maybe thats why.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm beginning to think that there is some sort of worm somewhere.

It's not logical to assume, from the threads reposted, that the person is confused.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

PS I just looked at the first 5 or 6 that are on the recent posts list and there is one or two people that commented in every single thread. I definitely think someone has too much time on their hands...

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 2:20 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Sorry ladies, it's def me making all the old threads come up.  I used to "watch" every thread I posted on.  I was opening some of them before I deleted them (nostalgia I suppose)...apparently I somehow messed with the system of recent and popular threads.  Sorry girls!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 7:12 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

This happens every now and then...I think it has something to do with how they maintain the boards or something. 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Nah, Art, I think it was my fault.  I was re-reading old threads (including some BeachBumSteph...that was still the funniest thing EVER), and I noticed my ticker was off by a day in some of them.  Not that it matters anymore since I got married, but it was just weird.  I didn't know if it was if the thread started in a different time zone or something...I think I figured out that it was because I had a different date back then.  Probably why other posts didn't have a ticker at all (my first posts)?  I tried to see if I just clicked "edit" and hit update if it would change the ticker, but I don't think that did anything.  I am not too great with computers, so I really don't know.

I feel bad; now people are responding to super old threads because of my boredom/incompetence.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: NewMrsSass

Sass - dont feel bad - Really its MY fault, since I was responsible for Beachbum LOL. Anyway- you cant be responsible for ALL OF THESE random threads popping up. There are just too many. One of the threads in Dresses is from 2005!!! lol. WTH? So weird:)

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:34 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

i just posted in the 2005 dress thread, only because it was the most recent post your dress. I didn't even pay attention to the date, it was bumped a few days ago by someone else, and I didn't even look at the date. Sorry!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

Oh its okay. You can post when or wherever you want - no need to apoligize! LOL> I just found it humorous that the thread was THREE years old thats all lol. I wonder sometimes how people even find these old threads - arent they like 17 pages back? (I mean unless you did a specific search for that thread.) Besides bride - Im pretty sure someone else brought that old Dress thread up before you posted,so thats probably why it was on the first page. But again - how did THAT PERSON find it? So odd.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

it was the first thread of "post your dress" on the dresses board. i finally got my dresses from my aunt this weekend (she has been making them for over a year now) and was so excited to finally be able to post pics. I am just to blonde to pay attention to the details. I also revived the ring post (because I just now have a decent pic), as well as the details post. Sorry for bringing back some oldies, but I was so pumped to finally have pics!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine