APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 10:15 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

That's awesome that you got them on sale!  I love sales!  I bought all of my flowers at our local fair for $120! 
I think that I like the other centerpieces better.  Are you putting something in the vases? 

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 1:05 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Hey Musha!!  I missed a lot while I've been getting poked & prodded!  LOL.

First off, I feel your pain & confusion on the job front.  I can also totally see FH's frustration as well.  I'm always one to play it safe & say don't put in your notice until you know you got something.  How likely is it that you'd hear anything over the weekend?

As for me, I appreciate your kind words.  I've always struggled with my weight.  When I was the weight that I was in the picture, I was just so happy & I was able to maintain a healthy weight & lifestyle.  That's when & how I started modeling & I felt SO good about myself.  Now that I'm fluffy again, my self-esteem is down the toilet.  Oh well.  I'll figure it out  :)  LOL.

On the medical front, I have my picc line in.  My arm is pretty sore.  It took the doc three tries to get it.  Apparently, I have small veins.  LOL.  Anyway, I've already started experiencing a Herx reaction.  That's when the bacteria start to die & they release toxins so you feel like crap.  You can experience a myriad of issues from fever to difficulty breathing, and so on.  This is gonna sound cheesey, but I wish I lived closer to my mother so I could visit her & see my dress & I know that would make me feel better!  LOL.

Well, I am pretty pooped.  Have a great weekend, ladies!!  Talk to you all soon  :)

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Ruby- This is the problem with the other centerpieces.  We did a full table mock up.  I always like to do that when I'm trying to get Robert to envision what it will look like all together.  I didn't take any pics because I was trying to get him to focus. 

Anyways, he liked the purple flowers the best.  I used those.  The vase kind of sits in sand.  Then I have tiny starfish and shells in the sand.  From the sand it kind of spreads out into teal and white sea glass.  Among the sea glass I have varying shades of teal tea light candles sitting in coconut candle holders.    The table linens are white.  The chair covers are white.  The chair ties are aqua teal.  The purple just didn't go as well as the fuchsia.  It kind of overpowered it. 

The vase with the tulips will have water, sea glass, & some shells in there.  I'm in Otown right now so when I get back to my other house I'll mock it up and post it.  I could do it today but I only have pink tulips with me here.  (I bought those for MOH's bridal shower.) 

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I'm sure that it will look great when it's all put together.  It sounds like you have a lot of other stuff going to be on the table too.  I tried to email my FH a picture of the centerpieces, but he can't view them.  Oh well!  I already went and bought the heart containers so he's just gonna be stuck with what I like!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Well, I'm sure he'll love them.  Men really don't care.  I'm almost sure of that.  lol

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

That's kind of how he is about most of this wedding stuff.  It's hard to plan and ask his opinion on stuff since he's not here.  I'm also in "I'm too busy to be planning a wedding" mode again.  I've got to get our DJ booked though, and I really, really need to schedule tastings.  I've only got about four months left to plan before he gets home and we have to move! 

Lao Tzu

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Ladies, I have the best news (NWR)

I was offered the job I interviewed for over a month ago! I'm an 8th grade history teacher! I was so happy when I got the call. He apologized that it took so long, the teaching position I interviewed for, someone else in the district wanted it, and because that person had seniority, they got it. Well, he didn't want to call me right away because they were still waiting for the other teacher to decide what she wanted to do. She decided to leave, and he called me to see if I still wanted the job. I said, "Yes!"

Plus, we're moving in a week (the apartment is REALLY close to the school, I could throw a stone and hit it). I just feel like everything is coming together.

The wedding planning is still going strong. I have the videographer's contract, and I'm looking at florists, and the DJ is an email a way.

April 4, 2009 is the BIG day!

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

KRoberts,

That is fantastic news!  Congratulations!  I just finished teaching 8th grade history when the regular teacher took a six month sabbatical.  It was fun and interesting!  Good luck to you and again, congratulations!  I know how difficult it is to get a position right now, especially in California because of all the education budget cuts, so I am really happy for you.

Lao Tzu

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 1:09 AM Go to message in response to: kroberts

KRoberts,

CONGRATS!!!!  That is so exciting!!  I wish you all the best!  Rock on!!  :) 

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Ruby- You have plenty of time.  Don't stress.  I've just showed up at our venue before and they gave me free lunch.  I've done that twice now.  The director of catering and events loves me.  He's this nice old man who has worked there since 1977!!!  He says I'm the sweetest bride he's ever met.  Oh, and no I'm not a venue stalker.  I park at the hotel for free and go to the beach.  I feel bad for not stopping in to say hi. 

KRoberts- That rocks about your job!  I'm excited for you.  (Does a happy dance.)

Chevy- Nice to see your comments.  Hope all is still well on your side of the street. 

Updates for me- Hmmm.  Well, after much thought and a few mental breakdowns, I've put in my notice here.  My last day is today at lunch.  LOL  I might as well leave early on my last day.  I've had a couple of really good interviews at the FL Hospital and at their radiology facility.  If nothing comes out of these, I've made some great contacts so I feel comfortable in my decision to move. 

It was really my mom who pushed me over the edge on it.  She said that I just looked tired, not happy, not sad, just dead.  I said "well if I'm dead I suppose I'm not much fun."  I moved our fish tank this w/e along with my chest of drawers and side table.  This w/e it's just all my wall decor and I'm done.  Robert decided to come pick up the kitties this Thursday.  I'll keep you guys updated.

The edit:  I decided to move the kitties myself.  OMG!  Zoe is killing me.  Klaus adapted ASAP to the new place.  Zoe ran out of the carrier and tried to fit under the couch.  Her fat ass didn't even come close to making it.  So, she took off for the next open door.  I've been here 3 hours and she hasn't left this one spot.  Enjoy her pic. 

Message was edited by: mushaboo

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I shouldn't laugh, but your kitty is too funny.  I hope she's come out since then.  I'm not stressed, I'm also not in the mood.  I wish that the magic wedding planning fairy would just come along and plan the wedding for me!

I'm glad that you decided to move so now maybe you can get some rest!

Lao Tzu

Message was edited by: rubyred1

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Well, I got her out of the bathroom.  I just couldn't leave her in there any longer.  So, now she's trying to hide her fat butt under the couch.  Un, yeah, she doesn't fit.  Here's the latest pic.

Ruby- The reason I can't watch Plat Weddings is because I get so frustrated that everything comes to them so easily.  I'm not jealous of their wedding.  I'm jealous of the ease of snapping your fingers and having anything you want and someone else takes care of it for you.  So yes, I feel your pain.

Oh, and yes, I am happy to be here finally.  I know that if I stay positive that good things will happen.  I know that sounds cheesy, but I've been so stressed about HAVING to find a job, just putting extra pressure on myself.  Plus, I missed my kitties.  I feel like I'm finally starting to relax even just after a few hours.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush~ You're kitty cracks me up!  Sorry, I hope that things have gotten better.  I get so frustrated watching Platinum Weddings because those girls get everything and people like us struggle to have the wedding we want.  Glad that you are relaxing.  I understand the HAVING to find a job issue, that's kind of where I am right now.  The economy sucks right now, but hopefully I will find something permanent soon.

In wedding planning news:  I called my caterer, cake maker, and potential photographer today.  I have set up my food tasting, which is after FH returns so he will be able to go too!  Yay!  I emailed my DJ and am waiting to hear back from him so that I can get a contract and give him a deposit.  I have to email two of my friends and get quotes from them since they are also photographers and I think it would be really fun to have one of them do it.

Since Musha shared one of her photos of her silly kitty, thought I would share one of my dog.  I sent this to FH and he loves it!

Lao Tzu

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

OMG, you're dog is tooooooo cute.  I love that picture.  I would love to have a dog, but I just can't see myself walking them, picking up their poop (a FL law and a big no no if you don't do it), and being home as much as a dog needs you to be there for them. 

Yes, Zoe has come out of hiding.  Now, Klaus is my problem child.  He keeps pulling off two of his soft claw nail covers.  (We keep them on so they won't F up the sofa.) 

On the wedding front, I bought all the aqua seaglass Old Time Pottery had (8 1-lb bags) at their summer sale.  So, now I must have 25 lbs of the stuff.  I keep telling FH "You never can have enough sea glass baby".  I don't want to get to April and be 5 lbs short.

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Hi ladies,

I've been on and off lately. I'm getting ready to move, and tomorrow is the big moving day. I don't know what I'll be on again  - I don't know when cable or internet will be hooked up.  But I'll be back.

April 4, 2009 is the BIG day!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine