Registry Incentives

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

SaraLeigh Posts : 1 Registered: 7/25/08
Registry Incentives
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 4:08 PM

Hi Brides to Be, I was just wondering if any of you have had great experiences with Gift with Registry offers. I am wondering who has the best ones and which aren't worth bothering to send in.

Thanks,

SaraLeigh

Message was edited by: SaraLeigh

Tee0324 Posts : 41 Registered: 6/7/07
Re: Registry Incentives
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 12:03 AM Go to message in response to: SaraLeigh

None of mine are spectacular, but JC Penneys does offer a completion discount for a whole year rather than just 30 or 90 days like alot of others...

ChucksGrl0215 Posts : 407 Registered: 8/27/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: SaraLeigh

We just did our registry at Macy's this weekend and they have it where if you have a Macy's card anything you buy on it 10% of it will go towards a gift card as well as 5% of whatever is bought off your registry. Then a month after your wedding they will send you the giftcard. You had to have a Macy's charge though.

www.mywedding.com/meghanandchuck

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: SaraLeigh

I liked Macys a lot, we had a deal where if we received something like 10 sets of china as gifts, we got serving platters (upwards of $200 value) for free, if we received 10 wine glasses, we got two free, and if we got 10 settings of silverware they gave us the host set for free. All of the free items were rather pricey and items that we didn't get as gifts, so it was a nice perk.

After the wedding, we got a pretty nice discount on any remaining items that we hadn't received.

I can't think of other incentives we had through the other places, Macys was the most impressive to me with all the free items we got. 

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

See, we had a Macy's registry as well and we didn't find their incentive programs to be useful at all. We don't have Macy's cards and didn't want one (the registry manager was actually pretty annoying about trying to talk us into opening one). I liked the idea of 'register for these things from X brand and you'll get this free gift'...but once we looked through the deals that they offered, there wasn't anything that appealed to us very much. Either we didn't like the product at all, we didn't like the free gift, or we didn't like everything that we would have needed to register for to get the free gift. I think we registered for a full set of Calphalon cookware and cutlery, hoping to get a free pan and knife, but it wasn't all purchased so we didn't get the free stuff. The completion discount was only 10% and it expired in 30 or 90 days or something like that. Personally, I was hurting for cash after our wedding, so shopping was the last thing on my mind. It would have been nice if the completion discount lasted longer, but the 10% wasn't really a big enough discount that I feel bad about not taking advantage of it anyway.

So personally, I don't think it's worth it to choose a store based on the perks, since I didn't get any from either of ours (the other was C&B, and their completion discount was the same way - only you got ONE CHANCE within 90 days to use the discount, you couldn't go several times and buy things slowly. I thought that was pretty dumb that they only offered the discount if you bought everything at once. That one expired without us using it, either. 10% just wasn't enough incentive to make me open my wallet so soon after our wedding!) Unless you really plan to use them, just pick stores that have products that you like. The perks weren't really worth it to me.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Yea I think the only reason I was so impressed was all the free china. If we hadn't registered for china, there wasn't that much free stuff.

And the 10% discount fell at a great time for us, it was some clearance time and so we were able to get our bedding (that wasn't purchased) for pretty cheap.

But I do agree with ArtBride, go register wherever it is convenient for the guests to buy things and where you like the products. The incentives didn't make it or break it for me, we probably got lucky in getting so much free stuff.

cKr2008 Posts : 54 Registered: 3/19/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: SaraLeigh

Bed Bath and Beyond had decent incentives.  They had a lot of options.  It's been a while, so I don't remember specifics, but I remember there were several that caught my eye.  There were some in which you get a free gift just for registering for certain items.  Of course, there were better freebies for specific items actually purchased from the registry.  And it was items that you would actually use.  I would imagine Linens N Things would be similar.

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."

Wink

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: cKr2008

They all pretty much have the same sort of perks.  Register where you often shop.  I registered at Macys and Bed Bath and Beyond because I go there often and they operate in a lot of locations, which made it convenient for my guests. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine