Candles

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 7

lil1one Posts : 312 Registered: 2/13/08
Candles
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 7:58 PM

Where has everyone purchase their candles( the little different color votives). I'm trying to fine some that will burn for at least 3 hours. The dollar store candles only burn for about 1 hour. Any suggestions? Does it matter if I burned it in candle holder or not?

Soon to be Mrs. Hatcher!!!

September 20,2008

When is my wedding

WhenIsMyWedding.com

Message was edited by: lil1one

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Candles
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: lil1one

Votives typically burn for much more than one hour--some burn 8-12 hours. What i think you've see are tea lights, which have a very short burn time. Usually, the box that votives come in will tell you the burntime.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: lil1one

The only ones I've had luck in keeping going that long were 1--battery operated or 2--Yankee Candle ones.  The higher quality candle the longer it should burn...  Hope I helped!

http://www.mywedding.com/caryandmike/

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 1:37 AM Go to message in response to: lil1one

We got our votives and floating candles at Walmart, I can't remember the exact name of them but they came in a clear package with 8 or so floating candles in it and the votives were from the same company.  They burnt all night.  We got them at the recommendation of my friend who has a wedding decor company and was doing our wedding for us as well.  She hasn't been able to find any other floating candles that burn all night long anywhere else with any other weddings she has done.  All of them (floating and votives) lasted all night and were inexpensive too!

ssorens Posts : 92 Registered: 8/21/06
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: lil1one

We got our votives at www.cudge.net.  I think it was around $35.00 for 72 candles & glass holders. That was for white votives, but I think they have colored candles too.

Message was edited by: ssorens

DeezNuttiest Posts : 200 Registered: 1/10/08
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: ssorens

candles4less.com also offers 72 votives w/holders for 36dollars, and their votives i believe are suppose to burn for like 8hrs, they also have like 6 colors to choose from

Why does November 1st seem sooooooooo far away?????

sweetie01494 Posts : 73 Registered: 2/17/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: lil1one

Try Hobby Lobby (if you can find one near you)...they have a dozen clear votives and holders for 4.99.  I looked online for some, but Hobby Lobby turns out to be cheaper in the scheme of things!
DaisypathWedding Ticker

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: lil1one

Ikea tealights last for several hours, and are ridiculously cheap.

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine