NWR: Great jeans in long inseams anyone?

Online Users: 1,309 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 16

Brookitacita Posts : 59 Registered: 12/4/06
NWR: Great jeans in long inseams anyone?
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 7:38 PM

I have an impossible time finding jeans that fit. I am 5'8", but have a short torso and very long legs. Most jeans are made for women 5'3"-5'7" ish, and of course petites for shorter women. The average inseam is 32"-33" and I need about 36" (especially if I want to wear them with a heel and need that extra inch to hang over). Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have great jeans to recommend?

I am considering ordering jeans from the Victoria's Secret catalog, since they have different inseam choices ranging from 30"-36". Has anyone else tried these? I've heard horror stories about returns so I'm scared to try it.

Thanks! 

love4greys Posts : 396 Registered: 1/22/07
Re: NWR: Great jeans in long inseams anyone?
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

I also have a hard time finding jeans that fit me well.  I have found that Maurices has jeans that are fairly long 36"-38" ish.  I am very short so I usually have to have my jeans hemmed up.  I have found them to have the best selection as far as inseam goes.  Good Luck!

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

Hi Brook, I am in the same boat as you, I am 5'10" and have about a 34-36in inseam. I love Victoria's Secret "Kate Fit" pants and "Ultra Sexy" jeans. I have never had an issue with a return, but good thing to know is I usually order a size smaller than most dept store clothes. 

Another option is the Gap, "long and lean" jeans are my favs. I also used to shop at express a lot for pants.

Good Luck! 

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 12:05 AM Go to message in response to: deansbride

I second Gap's long and lean.  I am only 5'6", but I get the regular length in those to wear with really high heels.  If you got them in a long they'd probably be good.  (They are my very favorite jeans ever!!)

My college roommate was 5'10" and she really like Victoria's secret jeans, and also Express. 

Have you tried New York and Company?  They always have lots of stuff in a long length.

Greys-- where are you that you have a Maurices?  I thought they all went out of business 10 years ago? (Used to shop there in 7th grade, LOL! Though I'm certainly not above shopping in juniors at 25.) 

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

Hey Brookitacita!  I'm just over 6' tall.  I like the Gap long and lean.  However, I am addicted to Guess.  They sit a little lower on my waist below my belly button, which I love, and they fit so well.  Plus, I buy them at Marshalls, Ross, or TJ Maxx so I never pay over $30.  I must have 20 pairs of jeans.  I also wear between 34-36" depending on my shoes.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

love4greys Posts : 396 Registered: 1/22/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

HLYflute-  I live in Joplin, MO.  Very small town with a little mall.  I had no idea that so many had gone out of business!  I don't ever find any tops there but love the jeans!

sweetie01494 Posts : 73 Registered: 2/17/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

I used to wear only Gap jeans (many years ago) in long...but haven't tried them in some time!

Victoria Secret has great pants in the long lengths...I always wait until they are on sale or clearance though!  I haven't tried jeans, but their pants are amazing.  I've never had any problem with returns with the company, but as another poster suggested...they do run large.  make sure you measure and compare to their chart if you want to avoid returns.

Some styles of Levi's (surprise, surprise) in long work for me as well.  I am 5'8" with really long legs...if that helps

DaisypathWedding Ticker

FutureMrsElepano Posts : 50 Registered: 5/10/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

Brookitacita,

I'm not sure what your financial situation may be but the best jeans that I have ever purchased are True Religion jeans. Now they are going to cost you about $200-$300 a pop but they are well worth it. I'm am about 5'6 1/2" but I'm mostly leg. Both my sister and my grandmother are 5' 8" and 5' 9" respectively, and they love True Religion jeans because their legs and long but their torsos are shorter. Just a thought!

With all the love!

-Lala-

rebeccahr Posts : 5 Registered: 6/27/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsElepano

You might also look at Petrol jeans.  They are made by Lawman, and marketed primariily to the western crowm.  But the Petrols are quite cute and not western at all.  They have tons of fits/cuts, and come in longer lengths as well.  I can NEVER find jeans to fit, but I love these.  They run only about $60 a pair. 

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: rebeccahr

I'm 5'9 and all leg.  For when I wear flats, I buy Gap Long and Lean (or Curvy) in the long length.  BUT when I want to wear heels (which is a lot), I go online and buy the Gap jeans in their Tall or Extra Long fit.  It's awesome.  And if you don't like the stuff you buy online, you can return it to the store.

-Ness 

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Take a look at what I've got. I can't promise you a lot, but you and me and the road ahead. - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 4:41 AM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Thanks, All, for the suggestions. I'm glad I'm not the only one in this situation!

Love4greys -- I was wondering where that store was. I've never heard of it! Thanks for clearing that up. I live in California. But thanks for the suggestion.

deansbride -- Thanks for the advice! Especially about the VS pants. I wouldn't have guessed that they run big, since I feel like their underwear runs kind of small. Maybe I just like my underwear roomier than most -- I don't like it tight so that the fat squishes over the sides or your hips, eww! I used to like Express and Gap jeans too, but lately I haven't had any luck there. But I am definitely ordering some VS jeans now!

HLYflute -- Thanks for seconding the VS jeans. Much appreciated. I have tried NY & Co. In fact, I have only two pairs of jeans I currently like and they are NY & Co. The only problem is that they only have one style, in one wash, that fits me properly. Their clothes are hit and miss for me. Most of the clothes I've bought recently are actually from there, but I wish they had size 0's. Usually the XS's and the 2's fit, but some of the styles they have are too big for me. But thanks for bringing that up! I do love that they offer long lengths there. And I have bought several pairs of trousers for $8 a pair on sale!

mushaboo -- I've never tried Guess. I'll have to check that out. Typically I prefer higher-waisted jeans (so my fat doesn't hang over), but I'll definitely try them on. Thanks!

Sweetie -- Thanks for the reaffirmation of Gap and VS! I am excited to see that.

MrsElepano -- I've actually never owned swanky jeans like the ones you speak of. But I'm going to check them out. We're in a bit of debt after the wedding, but I would be willing to splurge a bit on something that I'll get a lot of use out of. I'll have to try those on. Thanks! I've heard Sevens are good too. I think I'm going to have to explore some of these high-end jeans to find something nice. I hate how cheaper jeans stretch out until they can be saggy at the end of the day!

Rebecca -- I've never heard of that brand either, but I will definitely check them out. Thanks!

LochNessie -- Thanks for the input. Most of this crowd seems to agree with you about these Gap jeans. I have a couple pairs that I got on sale for $10, that aren't stretch, and I'm moderately satisfied with them. Generally, I tend to prefer stretch, I think, since the non-stretch tends to get stretched out easier throughout the day. I'll have to try on some full-price ones!

Everyone, I really appreciate it! This has been a subject of great travail for me lately!

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

you might also want to try nordstrom they have a lot of very long jeans. i just bought this piar two weeks ago and i need to have them  shortend and i didnt know i could find jeans that long... i'm also all legs.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2883637/0~2376780~6009391~6010314~6010317~6012003?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6012003&P=1

JUST ONE MORE CLASS TO GO!!!

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

Most of the clothes I've bought recently are actually from there, but I wish they had size 0's.

I am 99% sure than NY has 0's.  You might just have to dig for them a little.  Last summer, right before my wedding, I was doing some shopping and they had jeans on sale really cheap.  I'd lost a lot of weight (well, 20 lbs which is a lot for me!) and I tried on a pair of size 0 jeans and they fit!  I was so excited... but the button was missing and they didn't have any other ones. :-(

I think most everything in there runs really big.  I usually wear a 2 or 4 from there but a 4 or 6 everywhere else.

Try Express again.  I used to always buy my jeans there until they redesigned the line a few years ago... then nothing fit!  But I just got a new pair (on clearance too!) and they are my new favorites!  I wish I could remember which cut they were... :-/ 

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Brookitacita

Most of the clothes I've bought recently are actually from there, but I wish they had size 0's.

I am 99% sure than NY has 0's.  You might just have to dig for them a little.  Last summer, right before my wedding, I was doing some shopping and they had jeans on sale really cheap.  I'd lost a lot of weight (well, 20 lbs which is a lot for me!) and I tried on a pair of size 0 jeans and they fit!  I was so excited... but the button was missing and they didn't have any other ones. :-(

I think most everything in there runs really big.  I usually wear a 2 or 4 from there but a 4 or 6 everywhere else.

Try Express again.  I used to always buy my jeans there until they redesigned the line a few years ago... then nothing fit!  But I just got a new pair (on clearance too!) and they are my new favorites!  I wish I could remember which cut they were... :-/ 

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Dang, you're right! Those jeans have a 37" inseam! I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I should try out some of the jeans there. Normally I haven't wanted to spend that much money, but I'm all about quality over quantity so if it fits really well then it will be worth it! Thanks!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine