Great Debate Ladies - To Wear or Not to Wear

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Great Debate Ladies - To Wear or Not to Wear
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 12:10 AM

Yes, I'm here with a lovely question, To Wear or Not to Wear Pantyhose?!?!!?

I am getting married in August under a full shirt with a lovely petticoat that is NOT in a breathable material.  I cannot imagine sweating, etc.

I'm thinking that I really might be most comfy without stockings.  

I've considered the thigh highs, but I'm short and obese - they clme up to my chin if I'm capable of pulling them - I don't want that.

So what is/did everyone else do/did?!?!?!?!??! 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Great Debate Ladies - To Wear or Not to Wear
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I didnt wear pantyhose. Why? Because I dont wear them EVER in my everyday life,and I didnt care to be uncomfortable and sweaty all day on my wedding day with them on. Besides; if your wedding gown goes down to the floor like mine did, noone will know anyway. I didnt do the whole garter thing so no worries there. I also wore flat ballet type shoes, because I dont do heels. Both of these things were good decisions because I was comfy and danced all night and had FUN and my feet and legs didnt ache.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I think I'm "old fashion"..lol...or maybe just old!!

I just think it's tacky when I see a woman with a skirt or suit and heels/flats..without pantyhose!...Unless it's a sporty outfit!

But I do agree, if nobody else is going to know,...do what is comfortable!! 

I wore pantyhose...because I always do.

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 5:26 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I think the last time I wore pantyhose was in 1998.  They're just not comfortable to me.  I will not be wearing them for my wedding!

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 7:28 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I wear PH sometimes.  However, not usually during the summer especially as my skirts end below my knees.

My dress is long to the floor, I'm in three inch heels (had to for the hemming and embroidery on the front of the dress).  We ARE doing the garter toss.

Anyone know some good thigh highs that aren't for 6ft people? 

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

PharmToxGirl - I didn't wear pantyhose at our wedding. It was on the beach, in the summer and for some reason my legs got really hot under my dress.

I think it's a personal choice. But I just said no.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: 2BBauer

I never wear panty hose either... only in the winter, but even then I usually wear tights.  I didn't wear them under my wedding dress.

IMO thigh highs are more uncomfortable.  I got a pair once and they dug into my legs so badly...you sort of get thigh muffin top too!  And i'm not even that big.  I was probably about a size 8 at the time.

BeaucoupBride Posts : 17 Registered: 7/22/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I think for a summer wedding you totally don't need pantyhose, but if you do decide to go with them, I think thigh highs are a pretty good option because if you get uncomfortable you can just take 'em off! :) I'm pretty short myself and Leggs PH are usually ok or just look in a dept store, they might be able to help you out. 

Beau-coup Bride

www.beau-coup.com

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: BeaucoupBride

Don't wear pantyhose. Get a little footie to wear with your shoe, so you don't have a bare foot in a dress shoe (Payless or Target I know have them).

You might want to consider wearing something with legs if you think you might chaffe (sp?). A men's no-fly midway or boxer brief will be best becuase the legs are close fitting. A boxer is too loose and the play in the fabric rubbing against your legs could cause blisters. Stick with a cotton-polyester (or spandex) blend. The more cotton the higher the chance of getting blisters. Bad idea for your wedding night. (I sell underwear when I'm not teaching.)

April 4, 2009 is the BIG day!

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

Thanks kroberts and everyone.  I am thinking of going with out PH.  We are doing the garter toss, but who's going to look that close?!?

Thanks again!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

We did a garter toss and I didn't wear PH either. Hopefully NO ONE will be that close except your DH!

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I personally hate pantyhose and will not wear them unless I absolutely have to... I had a job that required me to wear them everyday and now that I am free from them I will not EVER wear them again!!

But if you like them, why not? It may be a little hot though.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

My wedding took place in the middle of winter and I didn't wear a pantyhose bc I don't normally wear them period.  I made sure my legs were lotioned up for the garter removal.  It's really a personal choice...don't worry what others may think....especially when you are getting married in the summer!

PS  Nor, did my legs feel the cold, 30 degree weather!  Like you, I had a full skirt and wore a petticoat.  And, I have to admit that my legs were wet with sweat about a couple of hours into the reception.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm wearing a full gown and petticoat  and we are doing the garder toss. My wedding is in September and I live in Las Vegas. I decided NOT to wear them. I was going to wear Stockings.  the ones that you wear with a garder belt and are not tight on your thighs.  I haven't wore panty hose in forever. And I wear suits everyday.

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 4:04 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I see no reason why you would HAVE to wear pantyhose.  I, too, hate to wear the stupid things and only do it when I am required to do so.  (You know, I have always felt that these were clearly products made by men because if they had to wear pantyhose they would be more comfortable and wouldn't run so easily... but that's just my theory...)  Now if you have concerns over the garter belt ceremony you could wear them until that point and then take them off or (with help!) put them on just before that point and then take them off.  Otherwise just skip 'em!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine