July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 1,302 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: Pegah

I can't get to the facebook ones from work, but your other pictures that I have seen are gorgeous, Pegah! Congratulations!

When is my wedding 

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Hey girls!! I'm back!

I hope everything is going well for everyone!

Like I said, the wedding was beautiful!! On Thursday, we decorated the hall and it turned out better than I pictured it would!! We used white tablecloth and then cut squares of silver and laid them over the center of the tables diagonally, and we had candles and rosepetals down the center. For the head table, we had white tablecloth and skirting, with lights wrapped in tulle draped along the front, and a white backdrop behind us that was edged in lights and tulle. On the table we had rose petals and two silver candleabras, and a flower arrangement that was also used on the alter. Then we also had lights and tulle on the ceiling. But the cake table was my favorite!!! We had the white and silver on it, with some rosepetals. Then on the ceiling, we took icicle lights and hung them in a circle above the table (with was round, btw) and we had lights underneath the tablecloth. It was GORGEOUS!!! And of course, the whole room looked magical when we were done with it!

Then on Friday, we did a lot of running around and picking things up and whatnot, and then we went to the rehearsal. That went very smoothly, and then the dinner was great! Afterwards, we decorated the chapel. We used ivy garland on the pews, and then we had two candleabras up front and draped ivy on those as well. It was really simple, but looked so pretty against the stained glass window at the alter!! So that night, Chris and I went our seperate ways for awhile, but then met up at his parents' house for more food. Then everyone migrated to our apartment, and my out of town bridesmaid and her husband stayed the night with us, along with my sister. Everyone else left around 12:30 or 1 in the morning, when I told Chris to make them leave because we needed to go to bed. lol.

Saturday morning was a bit rushed. I got up at 8 and dyed my sister's hair, ran to the store while Chris made breakfast, rushed to get my nails done, and then got over to the church. But the funny thing was, my sister and my bridesmaid left me at the nail salon to go get all of our stuff, and then they couldn't find the salon when they tried to come and get me!! lol. My sister just about went into hysterics!! But it was all good, and I ate breakfast on the way to the church--homemade biscuits and gravy made by my hubby!!! So anyways, we got to the church and got ready and everything was going well--until we realized that my crinoline had been left at the apartment almost 30 minutes away!!! So a friend went ang got it for me, and while she was doing that, I met Chris in the chapel. When I saw him, I cried. He just grinned from ear to ear, and couldn't understand why I was crying, but he was sweet about it. :)

After we took our pictures, we had pictures with everyone else and then by the time we were done, my underskirt had arrived and between me and my bridesmaids, we got it on without taking off my dress! lol. My mom photographed that whole ordeal, and we got some really funny pictures! By the time we got done, it was time to start.

I wasn't nervous at this point, just really excited and kind of wondering if it was all real.

So finally, my dad and I walked down the aisle. When I walked into the chapel, it took my breath away because about 95% of the 240 seats were full, and we didn't expect that at all!

The ceremony was so beautiful, and it all went incredibly smoothly, other than the fact that I struggled not to cry the entire time. :)

So after the ceremony and the receiving line, we took more pictures and then Chris and I went to check into the hotel before we went to the hall. Once we got there, we took some more pictures outside and then went in.

The reception itself was great. The toasts were funny, and there wasn't a dry eye in the room when my dad gave the blessing over the food. He was having such a hard time with it, and I ran up and gave him a big hug, and I cried myself! After that it was all fun. The food and cake were fantastic, the music was really good, and we just had a lot of fun dancing the night away!

Then for our honeymoon we spent the week in Charleston, SC and had a blast! We just got home, and it is SO nice to be back!!

Pictures will come soon! Can't promise when, but hopefully it won't be too long!

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

I got some pictures! MIL came over right after I posted and the photgrapher and one of her sisters had emailed her some pictures. So...here they are!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=138449&l=68b62&id=605385444

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME! CAN'T WAIT TO POST PICTURES!!

Linda Jo and Dean 

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

RanAway - Glad to hear that everything went great.  Congrats!!!

Ryanne -  You looked absolutely beautiful!  Congratulations!!!

I know I should've been one of the first to report back, sorry I haven't.  Everything went GREAT!  I have no complaints.  I only wish that it had been longer b/c time sure flew but, other than that it was beautiful!  Re: posting pictures, my photographer already gave me the album with the proofs.  Should I ask him for the photos on CD so I can show you guys?  Otherwise, I don't know how I will get to show you.

//www.TickerFactory.com/"> 

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Congratulations, Noviesita! I'm so glad that everything was beautiful and went so great on your wedding day, too!  Wow, your photographer is quick!  Mine is working on the wedding just before, but she'll have them up in about a week.  Can't wait!  Your photographer probably will give you a CD of all the photos (I would think that's something that should be included in the photography package). 

When is my wedding 

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Hey July4th!  I've been waiting to hear from you!  How did everything go.

There was no mention in my package about a CD.  We are getting DVD of the ceremony and reception but there was no mention of a CD with pics.  I'll call and ask him if I can at least get some proofs on CD. 

Here is a link to some Facebook pics that a friend sent me.  They are very dark but, you'll get the idea.  Let me know if it works.  I saw Ryanne do it but, I'm not very into Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1070916&op=1&view=all&subj=688086945&id=535576458

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1070916&op=1&view=all&subj=688086945&id=535576458#pid=1070923&id=535576458

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1070916&op=1&view=all&subj=688086945&id=535576458#pid=1070924&id=535576458

//www.TickerFactory.com/"> 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine