Flowers in hair all day?

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Cestmoi Posts : 2 Registered: 2/10/07
Flowers in hair all day?
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 12:10 PM

I'm the MOH for my sister's wedding (less than two weeks away now!!) and recently fell head over heels in love with this hairstyle: http://www.brides.com/beauty/hairstyles/gallery/realwedding/detail/172605?f=585%3a587&offset=1

My question is since I'm getting my hair done at 11 a.m. and the wedding isn't until 7 p.m., how can I prevent the flowers from drooping in the meantime? She wants me to use daisies since they're in our bouquets, and I'm fine with daisies, I just don't want them to droop between the stylist and photo session and ceremony and reception. Any suggestions? 

Cestmoi Posts : 2 Registered: 2/10/07
Re: Flowers in hair all day?
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: Cestmoi

Poo, that link didn't work. Here is the picture Kate and Mark in Marblehead, MA (Medium/Romantic/Updo/Straight):

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: Cestmoi

I would just not put the flowers into your hairstyle until just before the wedding. Get your hairstylist to teach you how to secure them and then just get your mom or one of the other bridesmaids to put in (or even get your sister to put them in, the wedding photographer would probably love that as a photo op)
DaisypathWedding Ticker

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: Cestmoi

You can make cut flowers last longer by spraying a thin coat of hairspray onto the underside and petals of the flower.  Before you spray, make sure the nozzle of the hairspray can is a foot from the flower.  This will ensure that the flowers don't wilt and will prolong its longevity.  Otherwise, you can do what the previous poster suggested and secure the flowers right before the wedding.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

You could also use silk flowers.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: Cestmoi

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine