November 2008 Brides

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 290

hotforteacher Posts : 39 Registered: 4/7/08
Re: November 2008 Brides
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

Hey everyone! I can't believe it is less than 4 months to go. I've just about gotten all of the big stuff out of the way. Picked out my cake this weekend, florist tomorrow and detailing of the event at the hotel tomorrow. I think I have found an officiant. FH is getting his tux this week and next weekend we go pick out rings (Woo hoo!!!). I'm also finalizing the dates for my showers (yes, two) and bachelorette party. I still need to set up a make up trial and my FSIL will do a hair trial next month when we go to visit her. Oh and I approved my proofs for my invitations and they will be in in a couple of weeks. My dress will be in next month and I'll get my veil and accessories then. Now that I start listing things, I really have a lot to do. 

Nov22- we definitely want to see your e-pics. Have fun with them.

MsCindy- what do your custom stamps look like? I wanted to get those but can't justify the extra cost. 

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

hotfortheacher- do you have a pic of your cake and flowers? I would love to see.

mscindy- I would also like to see your stamp...

o I forgot to tell you that we went to BM dress fitting and the dress still looks nothing like the pic I gave them (I also posted pic here). I am so disappointed, they said that they will redo the dress and it will be ready to try on in 2 weeks... I hope the third times a charm, cause the first two definitely were not. I’ll post pic of it when its right.

JUST ONE MORE CLASS TO GO!!!

mscindy813 Posts : 102 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hopefully you can see them...

Also, on August 3rd, we're going for a tasting of 2 entrees and an appetizer that we picked and on August 9th, we will finalize the menu, cake and everything else at the hotel for the reception!

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

In the first stamp, it has our names and typed very small in the corner of the heart is 11.14.08

The second stamp has RSVP in the middle.  I just wanted to add an extra touch.

stacybaby80 Posts : 3 Registered: 7/15/08
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hello everyone!  My wedding is November 1, 2008 and I need help!!  I'm looking for the BRIDES Wedding Collection Black Pocket Invite Kit with white Lotus flowers.  They are only sold at Michael's stores and I have called stores within 500 miles of my hometown.  No one has them!!  Any ideas?

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

i can not see it but i will look when i get home, i'm at work and it might just be this crapy computer.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I can't see them either. Maybe I need to open in Explorer instead of Firefox.

I will add pics of the cake and the flowers when I get a chance.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: stacybaby80

stacy- sorry i look online and ebay and i cant find any. i think your best bet is to keep checking ebay.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I had copied and pasted them, but now I can't see them. It's like the pictures disappeared! 

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

did you use photobucket? thats really the only way to post pics.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Here's the link.. http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll146/mscindy813/

Sorry it's been such a hassle LOL

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

mscindy- I love your stamps they are so cute... I haven't even started to think of stamps.

jennyinnc Posts : 21 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

As usual, it feels you guys are all very on top of it and I feel very behind!!!  I even had nightmare #2 about the wedding the other day! Agghh!!  The first one was months ago and it was that i didn't have a dress.  I had been holding off to lose weight but that dream convinced me to finally put my dress order in. (by the way, I'm not sure if I ever showed you girls but my dress is this one: http://morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2133&P=1 )  Now my bad dream the other night was about not being prepared again! (Nov 22 bride what's so funny is that in my dream my wedding was Nov. 22 lol which isn't even right but still i was horrified to not be ready)  All that to day, MAN this wedding stuff really gets deep into your subconscious. Sometimes I still can't even believe it's really about to happen... everyone flying from so far away for OUR wedding. Wow...  (By the way, i am excited, it's just that's how my fears get my attnetion i guess! lol  There's a lot I've been putting off doing.)

I am really trying hard to get our invitation wrapped up. I work in communications so a graphic designer friend of mine is doing something totally custom... more like a brochure with a leaf die cut. I am pretty nervous about the printing cost though!  So that's what I'm waiting to hear on. 

I need to do the hair and makeup trial, and we need to choose flowers, and we need to nail down the rehearsal dinner location. I will give my fiance credit though for getting the tuxes done. We also met with our officiant and worked on the order of service and the vows.  Phew!  Just so much.......  it's great to hear all your updates!

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: jennyinnc

I had my first wedding nightmare the night before last. I dreamed that the wedding took place with only the planning I have done up to this point. It was a disaster. I woke up so relieved that I have 3.5 months left. 

MsCindy- I love the stamps. I wanted something similar but decided that was an area I didn't need the extra costs. I really love those though.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: jennyinnc

I’m sorry to hear about the dreams, they're never fun. Thankfully I have only had 1 about 8 months ago, but in sure the last month or so ill be having them ever night... yuck.

Don't feel bad, I don’t think you are behind at all, I haven’t even started to think about the tuxes, service, and vows. And I only have about 1/4 of my invitations cut out and nothing is printed. So I think you are on track.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine