July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: ClassicalBride22

So I had my dress fitting and it went really well! It was actually too big in the bodice, so they're going to take it in.

The length ended up being perfect, so hemming. The only other thing they have to do is put in the bustle. Weee!!!

Good luck to everyone getting married today! 

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Glad to hear about your dress stillgroovin!

And good luck to all of you who got married today! Have a great time on your honeymoons and we'll see you when you get back!

In other news...FH is currently sucking down Pedialyte trying to avoid an ER visit. He drank a BUNCH last night and has been sick from it (and subsequently, the enchiladas he started with last night) all day. Poor guy...but he really shoulda seen that coming with a bottle of yager and 3/4 a bottle of jameson. lol. I can pretty much guarantee that the wedding night, the night before, and his bachelor party will be dry in comparison. He won't be drinking like that for a LONG time. :)

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne - ooh, that sucks about FH. At least now he won't get rip-roaring drunk at the bachelor party (well, I hope!)

So I'm starting to feel pressed for time and my wedding's not until July 19! How is everyone else doing? I just realized something - I haven't ordered our main cake yet! We're going with an ice cream cake from Haagen Daz, so it's not like it needs to be ordered super early or anything, but I should probably get on it!

Plus, we're still iffy on about 5 guests. A final head count isn't due until this weekend, but still. I need to know! 

Pegah Posts : 58 Registered: 11/27/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

So here's the deal this week. Tonight we have a meeting with the photog. Tomorrow night FH's sister and niece (our NEW flowergirl) arrive. Wed night my uncle, cousin and his gf arrive oh and our final headcount of 225 is due! Thursday we have meetings with our reception venue/caterer, have to pick up tuxes, lots of little errands to run and we have to bring everything to our reception/ceremony locations. Friday of course is the rehearsal and me and all my BM are getting our nails done before. Not really stressed out, I'm trying to lower my yelling amount by 50%. I'm a yeller, yes I am. Not about wedding stuff, just anything, lol! So I'm trying NOT to be a bridezilla. If I am it would only be the wedding day, because I have not been one yet, lol! Just don't want any of my BM of my mom to have tan lines and I have told them this and no one seems to be listening. They're acting like it's a joke, but I will got apeshit on them. I told them they have to get rid of their tan lines by laying out or getting a spray tan, but I don't want tan lines. I'm not paying $1300 for pictures of people where I can see what bathing suit they wore the weekend before. I think tan lines are sexy, but not in a wedding, it's just plain tacky. So, we'll see if they listened.

Future Mrs. Bowman

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: Pegah

Well my fellow July 12 ladies, 3 more days! Wow, I can't even believe it!

Good luck to you all this weekend, and I hope that your weddings are just as beautiful as you dreamed they would be. Laughing

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

3 more days!! I can't even believe it either!! I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear the stories!!! lol.

My bachelorette party is tonight!!! We should have had it earlier, but we were hoping that my OOT BM could come down early, but she cant because of work. :( But anyhoo. I'm excited. :) I have to clean my apartment though...

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Woohoo!!! Goodluck ryanne and 2bmrswarner (and Pegah)! Aww, there's gonna be hardly anyone on the boards next week!

I'm actually going to my friend's wedding this weekend. A little stressful, considering I still have so much to do. Oh well, it'll get done.

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

OMG 9 more days to go!

Haven't been around much but good luck to all the girls getting married this month!

Linda Jo and Dean                                            

SmileyCentral.com Message was edited by: RanAway2Maine

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Just wanted to say hope all the weddings went off without any problems this weekend and that you all had a wonderful day! It's my turn next week - woohoo!!!!

Also, I got my boudoir photos done! I think they're going to be awesome!

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 12:19 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Hey ladies!

I'm needing to take a nap here very shortly, but I just wanted to drop by and say that the wedding went beautifully, the hall was amazing, and that there were only a few glitches in the morning that caused me to run late and stress. But the church was packed and the ceremony was so beautiful!!! I tried SO hard not to cray because I knew I'd lose it totally if I started!

But anyways, I need to go nap--we're leaving for Charleston at 2 am.

Talk to you all when I get back!!

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Hey ladies! Just wanted to say the wedding was awesome!!!! I cried everyday since like Thursday, lol! As soon as those doors opened and the music started, so did the tears. My hubby cried, my parents, my brother, our cousins, all my bridesmaids, lol! It was sweet. The reception was awesome and everyone had a blast. I'm going to post some links for the pictures! Check em out!

http://lejphotography.com/blog/?p=143

There are some facebook ones, but I'll have to upload them and I have 494 pictures on my camera from Thursday to Sunday night!

Good luck to the brides who still have their wonderful day to look forward to.

I'm back to work today, but leave for Greece on the 31st!

Future Mrs. Bowman

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: Pegah

Congratulations to all us  newly married ladies!  I'm so glad to hear that everyone's wedding went beautifully and can't wait to take a look at everyone's pictures. 

There was a little rain on our wedding day, but there wasn't much, and it happened at all the right times so that nothing was affected.  The morning was hectic what with hair and makeup appointments, and we got back from the whirlwind just in time to relax and get ready for the photographer and flowers to arrive.  Luckily, I'd brought all the phone numbers for everything so was able to make a couple of calls that needed to be made since we were running a little behind. 

I have to say that the flowers turned out AMAZING! I loved everything from the flower girl basket arrangements (we had the florist do this rather than petals since the girls weren't allowed to drop petals in the church) to the bridesmaids' bouquets to my boquet to the church flowers.  Just gorgeous!  Everyone looked so good, and the ceremony was just beautiful.  The video camera cut out during the homily, just before the vows, but fortunately someone else in the family caught that on his camera, and we'll have a dvd from them. Yay! 

After the ceremony and church photos, we went to this outdoor place for some pictures. At least everything was dry, but lots of gnats around. One got on my dress and caused a stain, but we had some wipes from my wedding day kit.  Those worked to get the stain out. 

There were a couple of other just minor mishaps, of course, but nothing that couldn't be straightened out.  It was such a wonderful time!  The reception was gorgeous, with really good food, lovely centerpieces, and I LOVED the cake!  The band was awesome and made it such a good time!  It all flew by so quickly! One thing I learned that will hopefully help any brides to be:  even 2-inch heels will be uncomfortable by the end of the night.  Pretty flats, or breaking in the shoes, or some of those comfort inserts that are supposed to help, might have been useful.

For the honeymoon, we took a cruise to the Bahamas.  First stop was Port Canaveral, Florida, where we took the Sea World excursion.  It was fun! At Nassau, we just wandered the nearby shops and went to the little beach in walking distance from where we docked.  We decided to go on the beach party excursion in Freeport, since there was nothing close to where we docked at that port.  Our ship was the Norwegian Spirit, and it was a really beautiful ship! The food was good, and we were usually able to get a table right by the windows to overlook the ocean.  The shows were fun, and they always had fun parties and things to do at night.  What a great time! I miss it and wish it could have gone on longer!

Here's the link to my album of the wedding pics that family and friends took:

http://picasaweb.google.com/LoraReedPalmer/LoraAndStephenSWeddingPhotos?authkey=NZDhEeoyrEg

When is my wedding 

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Woohoo!! Congratulations everyone!

And beautiful picks, Pegah and July4! It looks like you guys had wonderful days.

I just finished my last day at work and am thrilled to be almost married! Still have a lot to do - put together the centerpieces, put all our wedding music on a CD, decorate the fans my BMs are holding in place of bouquets, and write the programs (which is actually turning into a problem - we can't find our copy of the wedding ceremony and can't get a hold of the pastor!)

My two MOHs are coming in tonight to help me finish up, and my bachelorette party is tomorrow. Hopefully evertyhing will be ready for the wedding by Saturday! Probably won't be on much till then, but I'll try to get on Sunday to let you all know how it went!!! 

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Good luck with finishing up the last details, stillgroovin, and good luck to all the July 19th brides!  Enjoy your day, and I hope you'll all have beautiful weather, beautiful ceremonies, and fun receptions.....all filled with the love of family and friends :)

When is my wedding 

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: July4thBride
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine