August 2008 Brides!!!

Online Users: 1,346 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 482

LKM2361 Posts : 20 Registered: 3/12/07
Re: August 2008 Brides!!!
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

16 days and counting.  I finally tried my dress on again on Sunday.  Bought it off the rack and no alterations were necessary, but since then, I was feeling like I gained a pound or five and was stressing as to whether or not it still fit.  It does, so all is good.  All responses are in - we're at a final count of 150 out of 209 invited.  Our wedding is outdoors, so we're in the process of getting the vendor schedules coordinated for delivery of the porta john's, the tents, ceremony chairs, reception tables and chairs. Got our marriage license last Friday and will have trial hair this Friday.  Oh and did I mention that all of this takes place 3 hours away from our house, so there's a bit of driving involved.  I am truly psyched and so ready for August 2nd to get here! 

JesseGirl08 Posts : 25 Registered: 10/19/06
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: LKM2361

I am a August Bride.  My wedding date is August 23, 2008.  I am so excited yet I am scared and nervous that thing will not go well but i digress.

http://tac.families.com/ezb/820302.png

kikipennie Posts : 18 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: LKM2361

I'm in the exact same boat but I get an extra week's prep!!

Just finished meeting with wedding co-oridnator last week...BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!!

Got a honeywagon coming for the toilet situation, rentals get dropped off on the wednesday..decorate on friday and saturday we're ready to go!!

Good thing I got an officiant...last one I had booked bailed on me a week ago due to a family crisis!! 

Ijetski2 Posts : 36 Registered: 3/3/08
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 12:59 AM Go to message in response to: LKM2361

I'm doing about the same except my drive is 6 hours.  I can relate to the dress, I go for my final fitting on the 23rd and hope they got it right.  Not alot to do but some.  So far I only have about 50 out of 100 RSVP's.  The 25th is my last day and have to get with the caterer by Mon the 28th.  Looks like I'll be making phone calls.   My family isn't the closest so not many will show.  My FH's family is great and all have already responded.  I can't get my marriage license until the 10th of Aug.  just the week before but thats Washington state.    I also worry about our officiant, both he and his wife are battling cancer.  She isn't doing well all but he seems ok.   Strange they would be having treatment at the same time.  

My son is playing the violin at our ceremony and to entertain every one while they are being seated.  I have been listening to him pratice everyday and am so proud to have such talent in the family!!  It will be a suprise for my mom, she doesn't know he is playing.  I hope she doesn't cry too hard, she loves his music.   Looking forward to a fun filled day.... 

Counting down to Aug. 16th 2008.  Soulmates say I DOSmile

Tedsgirl Posts : 58 Registered: 1/5/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

oops.. it posted twice

Message was edited by: Tedsgirl

Tedsgirl Posts : 58 Registered: 1/5/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

I can't believe I never looked for this thread until today! We need to revive this thread now August is so close. I'm an August 23rd bride (like alot of you) so I'm just shart of a month away. I've only been engaged since Dec. 1st but I still have most everything done and am now just waiting for the day!

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Tedsgirl

Its only a week from Saturday until the big day for me!! We got engaged right after Christmas '07...and this is the calmest I've been the whole time lol. Now I'm just meeting with allt he vendors one last time to make sure everything is in place...and just soooo excited!!!! How is the planning going for all y'all? I know I have at least one date twin on here!
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: butterflybride08

16 more days! August 9th is coming up soon! Have almost everything done, just the last minutes. We put our response date for tomorrow, waiting on 2 more people. almost everyone is coming, will be about 63 people. Finishing the programs and seating cards, and other extras. Have to call the dress shop about my final fitting, they said 1-2 weeks before the wedding, but I really don't want to wait until the week of, between work and last minute things there will be no time! My friends are taking me out tomorrow nite for a little bachlorette party, i really need to get out and relax a little. Besides the wedding, we're remodeling our house we just bought, getting ready to move in. As much as I want to cherish this time, I can't wait until its over too!

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: BethM

We are two weeks out still, and everything is as good as it gets. I have everything done, that we can have done up to this point. The next thing on my checklist is for the guys to pick up their tuxes, which we can't do until two days before. I am calm, minus my bridezilla panic the other day about our photographer. But, my mom called the company and complained about it, and they fixed it all. So, no more drama there. I am so excited though! FH's bachelor party is tomorrow, my hair trial is tomorrow and we pay our last vendor (which happens to be the most expensive- the reception) on Sunday. Then, it's party time!! I'll post pics of my dresses once I have my bridal portraits tomorrow. My aunt made them, in one month, and I am beyond impressed! I can't wait to share pics :)

Anyone else getting anxious? I feel like I am losing my mind- becoming clutsy, not speaking clearly, driving the wrong way home, etc. I heard this happens often a few weeks before the wedding...

oops..double post

make that a triple! my bad!

Michgal Posts : 20 Registered: 6/26/07
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

I am an 8/8/08 bride too, can hardly believe it is 2 weeks from today.  Am very excited and trying to manage the stress of work and all the little details.  This weekend I will get most of the little things done.  Meeting with the reception venue, 80% payment due.  Only 2 people who have not responded, final count due 2 days before.  All vendors ready to go, have had a great experience with all.  Well for the exception of the florist who I fired 2 months before the wedding, but found one 10 times better!!  She is handling more things for me and I am getting way more for the money.  FH has been a dream through everything, he got laid off and is my manly wedding planner.  Seriously he has done so much I am amazed, he must really be into the wedding too which is awesome!  

We are moving in the next few months, so that stress on top of the wedding, has got me to an exhaustion point.  Although this weekend I plan on doing the mani/pedi thing with my sister in laws and that should be fun.  Plus get a dip in the pool...sound relaxing already.  

Have had one Bridezilla panic as well, but my MOH was flaking out on me and I was too stressed to deal with her stress.  All is well now though.  

Good luck with everything, I am sure it will all work out just fine.  Can't wait to see the pics.  Soon to be Mrs. Sharpe...oh yeah I can NOT wait for the honeymoon.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: Michgal

I'll second that!! 10 days in Mexico, starting on the 9th. I think I might be looking forward to that more than the wedding itself. I have purchased probably 10 bathing suits and 7 sundresses. That didn't help our budget!

kowgirlbride Posts : 52 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

Butterfly- I'm an Aug 2nd bride too!! Only 8 more days to go!!

Hope everyone's planning is going well. I've dealt with a few fiascos myself these past couple of weeks. Trouble with my MOH, disaster with my e-ring and wedding band.... Practiced riding my horse in my dress yesterday (the practice dress, not the real one!!) Turned out to be a little more difficult than I had planned!!!  Good luck to everyone as the planning winds down. I just try to remember to enjoy every minute!!!

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

with 12 days to go, my aunt finished my dresses and I had my hair trial. I couldn't get the pics to post so I made an album under my profile. Let me know what you think!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine