benign moles/skin tag at home removal

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Staceykellum Posts : 7 Registered: 8/18/07
benign moles/skin tag at home removal
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 9:00 AM

Does anyone know of a good at home product to use to remove benign moles and skin tags?

genn8p Posts : 35 Registered: 2/10/07
Re: benign moles/skin tag at home removal
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: Staceykellum

I would definetly see a dermatologist about the moles--trying to remove them yourself could cause a lot of scaring and possibly infection. I had to get one removed before and they go alot deeper under the skin then you'd think. I have a friend who gets skin tags all over her neck, shoulders, etc., and (this is really gross) she just clips them off with a pair of nail clippers. I wouldn't advise that either though.  

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: genn8p

I have often thought about using clippers on them.  I had 2 in a very "sensative" area, and I was so embarrassed by them.  I asked my GYN if they can be removed like warts, by freezing.  She said they good, but it hurts really bad.  That the skin tags have feeling, and it's painful.  I was worried then, I figured clipping them would hurt too bad.  Luckily, mine fell off! lol  But my FH has them really bad under his arms, and he doesn't seem bothered by them.  But now my daughter is very parnoid about getting them, after seeing them on him.  Every time she feels a bump somewhere, she freaks out! lol  But I understand, because I would not want them either, and now I have to microscopic ones on my neck I'm keeping an eye on.  If they look like they are getting bigger, I just may go ahead and clip them while they are small and have less of a potential to hurt.

http://www.mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

Gwennie Posts : 31 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: Staceykellum

Yes I use the itworkspaste and it's awesome! You put the cream on and it flattens and kills the mole within like 20 minutes. You can check out the before after pics on their site.

Posted: Aug 19, 2007 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: Gwennie

Well, I can't imaging clipping anything off - yikes - I just know I couldn't do that!  I did see a doctor - the moles are completely benign or I wouldn't think about doing it myself. 

Now, about the itworkspaste, I checked out the site - looks very promising for sure.  So tell me does it hurt? 

Posted: Aug 23, 2007 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: Staceykellum

It doesn't really hurt, it just stings for about a minute.  Then it scabs over really quick.

Posted: Aug 23, 2007 6:30 AM Go to message in response to: Gwennie

Okay I can handle a little sting.  So then I see they have a kit that includes something called emuscar - never heard of that although I have used emul oil - good stuff.  Did you get the kit or just the itworkspaste - you think it's worth the whole kit?

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: Staceykellum

I've heard that either emuscar or aloevera works really well. Do you have an aloe vera plant handy? If not, I used the cream and it worked great.

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 6:42 AM Go to message in response to: Gwennie

Hi - thanks for your help.  I really think I might try this product.  I've been chicken but you sound like you really liked it and I've heard other raving about it to since then.  Someone else also recommended the Emuscar so think I'll go for the whole kit - bet it works really good for other blemishes and such.  About how long till it is not real noticeable then?

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 2:41 AM Go to message in response to: Staceykellum

The directions said it depends on how well you heal, but I would guess the scar would decrease by about 8-12 weeks.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 2:59 AM Go to message in response to: Gwennie

staceykellum did you try it yet? How did it work for you?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine