Cheapest Wedding Ever!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Amaryillis Posts : 139 Registered: 6/10/08
Cheapest Wedding Ever!!!
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 11:56 AM

I have just come from an initial consultation with a bride and her mother, they are planning the cheapest wedding I have ever seen!  (NOT the tackiest, I mean the least expensive.)  The engagement and wedding rings are family heirlooms.  The wedding gown is grandma's. The gentlemen will all wear military dress uniforms or dark suits.  The bridesmaids will wear dresses of their own choosing.  The wedding and reception will be at the family farm.  (Ceremony in a gazebo in the garden, reception in the show barn which has bathrooms, ceiling fans and concrete floors.) The flowers will all come from the neighbor's garden.   The cake is a gift from her aunt.  The table and chairs will be borrowed at no cost from the church.  The groom's uncle is the minister. The music will be ipod hooked up to the barn's sound system. The caterer is the groom's cousin - they are having a hog roast for 200 guests for $300.00 (the hog, itself is a gift - that pays for the rest of the food.) $500 for pop & beer. Gifts for the wedding party and parents as well as favors will run $250.00 Having me do her save-the-date postcards, invitations, reception cards, programs, favor cards and thank you cards, arrange her flowers, set up and tear down, site manage the day of the event is going to cost $500. $1300 for a big, Barbara Bush type wedding.  AMAZING!
Have a blessed day!Cool

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Re: Cheapest Wedding Ever!!!
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

I'm envious. What state are the bride and groom in?

Formerly San Ramon Bride

The Big Day: 9/20/08

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Wow, you're doing all that for only $500? 

Having me do her save-the-date postcards, invitations, reception cards, programs, favor cards and thank you cards, arrange her flowers, set up and tear down, site manage the day of the event is going to cost $500.

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view¤t=cb216606.pbr

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

yeah I know that was my thought to! $500.00 for all that work...are you close friends with her so you're giving her a incredible discount? 
When is my wedding

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Damn, I'm jealous!!!!!  Forget my wedding plans, hog roast it is!

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

How very nice....nice to know that there can still be nice a wedding without going bankrupt!  :D

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Sounds great. it always pays to know a lot of people and to have good connections so you can get a bargain when need be

But $500? you dont happen to live in Fl can i hire you to do all of that! Hahhaha 

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Weddinic Posts : 4 Registered: 7/15/08
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Some people are truly blessed! Hope the same happens when she falls pregnant!

Have you tried to use www.weddinic.com to help plan weddings?

Message was edited by: Weddinic

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine