Accent Colors for Chocloate Brown

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Accent Colors for Chocloate Brown
Posted: May 16, 2008 10:55 AM

Help! I can't figure out what color to use with chocolate. My dress is Ivory, BM's and MOH in chocolate. Table linens are ivory. So my question is can i use bright pinks and oranges for the BM's bouquets and centerpieces or not? Thanks!

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Re: Accent Colors for Chocloate Brown
Posted: May 16, 2008 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I like the idea of pinks more than the orange. (In general I'm not a big fan of orange)

I'm also doing the chocolate brown, but brown in the accent to blue. MOH will be in a dark blue, the BMs will be in a lighter blue.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

Nichole3 Posts : 1,410 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: May 16, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I looked at your profile and saw that you have a October date.  With that date I would probably go with ivory, chocolate brown and orange.  But I think that the orange and pinks could look amazing as well.  They would be a nice 'pop' of color against the brown and ivory.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 16, 2008 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Pinks and oranges would look great. You could go soft or bright, but I'd stay away from screaming fuschia and neon orange. I can send you pictures of the brown/pink/orange if you'd like.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: May 19, 2008 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I am using the same color scheme of chocolate and ivory for a wedding I am designing in Manhattan this fall.  The colors are mainly chocalate brown and ivory.  I am adding a small splash of hot pink to my scheme.  One of the centerpiece flowers is a deep fuschia coxcomb with branches and virbinium in light green. which is popular and modern in the fall in New York.  I am also adding a small dash of silver where appropriate since that's the color of the beading on the brides' ivory dress.

Good Luck and Happy Planning!

Nicole

www.nyweddingconcierge.com

MrsBirchJr Posts : 28 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: May 19, 2008 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I would recommend you using a cooler pink with a beautiful orange.  PLEASE DO NOT DO THE BABY PALE PINK OR HOT PINK.  Sorry but I am so tired of seeing those two colors with chocolate and ivory.  Go for warmer pinks that is a medium but not a dark pink like fuchisa or hot pink.  As for as you oranges I would also recommend the warmer summer/fall orange of a tangerine.  Since your linens are ivory your table runners or overlays can be a sheer organzia orange and your arrangements can have both the pink and orange flowers.  Here is how i chose a color palette.  Go to a floral shop and ask to see flowers particularly roses in these colors and see for yourself how it look.

Posted: May 22, 2008 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Thank You ladies for the suggestions!

Posted: May 22, 2008 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

ticker test

Tee0324 Posts : 41 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Sure you can!  I am having an icory dress and my BMs are in choclate as well.  Our centerpieces are amber glass with ornage and hot pink flowers...  We had a mock-up done and it looked BEAUTIFUL!  I would just try to tie some brown in there, whether it be with chocolate napkins (usually about 20 cents per) ot by scattering something like acorns or pinecones...  And my bouquet is the oranges and pinks too...  We are just wrapping it with chocolate and putting in maple leaves to keep the fall theme going.  Just try to use fall flowers (dahlias are great) and it will look seasonal but not overdone.  Good luck!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Honey, use whatever colors you want! It's YOUR wedding. If you wanted to use poka dots don't let anyone tell you no! Your colors sound beautiful to me.

Mrs. Pinky

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I'm getting married in September. My colors are Chocolate Brown, Ivory and Red. I love the colors I picked out.

Formerly San Ramon Bride

The Big Day: 9/20/08

Exit99 Posts : 173 Registered: 3/31/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 2:11 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

My colors were brown and green.  My dress was ivory, the guys wore black suits, the girls brown dresses and pearls.  The flowers were a mixture of whites, light pinks, and greens.

Laughing and Loving is true love....I'm marrying my best friend!

Exit99 Posts : 173 Registered: 3/31/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 2:12 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Laughing and Loving is true love....I'm marrying my best friend!

null

Leesa926 Posts : 27 Registered: 7/12/07
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 1:46 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I am using celadon green.  It started with a sage green but then I just went a little darker.  I love it so far

CenturyGuy Posts : 16 Registered: 7/16/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

Even though I'm a guy, I'd avoid orange if at all possible.  Living here in Bowling Green, OH, I'm surrounded by BGSU fans, and their colors are orange and brown.  Terrible color combo in my opinion.  Also, being a Cleveland Browns fan, the one thing I regret are their colors.  (Ok, that and the fact that they haven't had a winning season in how long?  But you probably don't care about that...sorry.)

I would think that maybe some shade of green, or like other have said, pink...would be a good accent color.

Message was edited by: CenturyGuy

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine