Need Wording Help?

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 95

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Re: Need Wording Help?
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: Lokster

Been on a little vacation folks...

It doesn't matter when dinner is being served.  At what time does the reception itself start?  Usually, it starts at least 30 minutes before dinner is served.  Yes, with a 6:30 wording, people will arrive about 6:30ish expecting to have time to find their seats and dinner service at 7p.

If you need guests sitting on their butts by 6:30, word it for no earlier than "six o'clock" and none of this "in the evening" business because you obviously don't mean 6am.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: MomMarianne

Hi, We are having a garden ceremony in our (brides parents) backyard with reception in the Kingston Room at the Holiday Inn. Both sets of parents are hosting it though. Bride is "t" and groom is "K' - how do we word the 2:30 ceremony?

I don't actually have enough information to generate wording.  If you can answer the 20 questions in the first post, I'll get your exact wording.  There are just too many unanswered variables.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2Be919

Mr. John Schilling

request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of his daughter

Bride Middle
to
Groom Middle Last

son of
Mr. and Mrs. GroomDad Last

Saturday, the nineteenth of September
two thousand eight
half after five o'clock

Saint Stephens Lutheran Church
Feasterville, Pennsylvania

Reception to follow
Emerald Room
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

R.S.V.P. by the x of Month

Since you are not doing A/B list and you do not need guests to choose a meal, you actually don't need a response card at all.  The wording above will give you a headcount.  However, if you feel like you must use the response card, delete the response request (last line) above and use...

M________________________

_ accepts ____ declines

To find your response and mailing dates, you can use the textual representation at http://tinyurl.com/2dqqxy and a calendar or you can email me for a spreadsheet that does the calculations for you. two guys in love at gmail dot com

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Leesa926 Posts : 27 Registered: 7/12/07
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 5:42 AM Go to message in response to: Chad

1. Brides parents & us
2. Mr & Ms.  This is the tricky part - my parents are divorced and dad is renmarried (Do I and if so how include stepmom)
3. Church
4. No
5. Catholic - non mass
6. my parents - his not alive

7. no
8. n/a
9. 10.10.08 (want to keep formal but I like dating in that format is that ok? 4pm church 7pm reception

10. catholic church

11. XXXx, NY

12. no

13. Pxx

14. coctail hour and then dinner 
15. xxx,nj
16. no - 7pm
17. yes

18. no
19. n/a
20. prob but not many

Thanks - one issue I have is I am doing custom invites and the person is on vacation so I may not get them until 8/11 or as late as 8/18 is that ok?  I did save the dates

I also have a question on venue cards and hotel block info. venue cards - I have plain white thin paper from venue - can I use rather than spend the $$ printing new ones

hotel cards that were given are very ugly here is my question:
Most of my guests are NOT oot but it is a good 30-45 min away from most so I want to give the option

The cost is $129 and it included shuttle to and from as well as breakfast the next morning. I am not sure how the shuttle works - I guess depending on how many people is how many trips - do I include that??

I know it should be something like this:

For your convienece a block of rooms have been reserved at xxxxxxx. If you would like to reserve a room please call xxx-xxx-xxxx and mention the xxx and xxxx wedding.

How do I or do I include the price and info about the shuttle. I want to make sure to include shuttle info as I think many will want to stay for that reason (not having to drive after drinking) and most invites I have had have the cost on it - I just want to be sure

Thanks again sorry so long

Message was edited by: Leesa926

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 7:11 AM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

9. 10.10.08 (want to keep formal but I like dating in that format is that ok? 4pm church 7pm reception

That's not a formal format.  Dates/times are weird.  If you don't spell them out, the invitation is automatically informal.  Your choice, but it'll look weird to most everyone.

20. prob but not many

No probablies.  A firm yes or no is required because it affects the response date.

The hotel info should have been included in the STDs.  If it was, you don't need to include it again.  If it wasn't, then I have wording.  Yes, you can use paper you have.  It doesn't need to match perfectly, although it should coordinate.

You do need to know exactly how the shuttle works, because a time schedule of some kind needs to be conveyed in the wording.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

For #20 - I will say no b list - my #'s are ok regardless.  (I am not at my max)

I will find out from the hotel woman if there is a time.  I know normally I have gotten them where they say shuttle service to and from... with no time they just told us at check in but I will ask (I probably wont have an answer until Mon) can you just put a time in and I will adjust it.

I did not have hotel info when I did save the dates - I decided after - we are really the OOT people - everyone is pretty local but in that area people still like to stay over when it is over 1/2 hour away

I will leave 10.10.08 for the favors, etc - thanks

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

Ok, is your last the same as both parents or different?

I can do wording for timed shuttle and just shuttle service, but you should find out which before printing.

You can still include his parents as "son of" even if they're deceased.  Totally up to him, but it's fine to do.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

My last name is same as my dad's.  Mom changed hers back to married name.  Fiance does not want parents included not a good history there.

Thanks again

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

Ms. BrideMom Last
Mr. and Mrs. BrideDad Last

at the marriage of their daughter

Bride Middle Last
to
Groom Middle Last

Friday, the tenth of October
two thousand eight
four o'clock

Full Name Catholic Church
City Name, New York

Dinner Reception
seven o'clock
Full Venue Name
City Name, New Jersey

--no nicknames or abbreviations, full formal names

Response card:

R.S.V.P. by the x of Ymonth

M ____________________

_ accepts _ declines

_ meal choice 1
_ meal choice 2

Just change the “meal choice #” to your available choices.

If you need to know exactly who gets which meal, you'll need to include one card for each person invited and you write in the name.

Please give good meal descriptions, not just "chicken" or "beef". Sauces and stuffings are especially important to list.

To find your response and mailing dates, you can use the textual representation at http://tinyurl.com/2dqqxy and a calendar or you can email me for a spreadsheet that does the calculations for you.  two guys in love at gmail dot com

Probably a good idea to figure your mailing dates and see how crunched for time you'll be.  If nothing else, have the stationer ship you the envelopes now so you can begin addressing them.  

Accommodations

Please reserve your room
by the x of Ymonth

Hotel #1
$129 per night
reservations number
Full Hotel Address
City, State

Mention Smith-Jones Wedding

Shuttle service provided for hotel guests
on the quarter hour

If there's no time, delete the last line.  You can add the price if you wish, it's listed above, but it's optional.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Bling3 Posts : 54 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

1. Hosts names? Dalia and Joseph Smith
2. Preferred name format? ("Mr. and Mrs. His Name" OR "Her and His Name") Dalia and Joseph Smith                                         3. Is the wedding in a Church or on consecrated ground? On a docked boat a few 100 feet from where reception will be
4. Are you having a Nuptial Mass? Do you want it mentioned? N/A
5. Are you a non-Christian religion? Which one? No
6. Relationship of hosts to you/groom? Bride's parents
7. If groom’s parents are not hosting, do you want to list them as “son of...”? Yes
8. Groom’s parents’ names? Cruelvil and Happy Disney (divorced)
9. Date AND Time June 19, 2010 at 3:30
10. Ceremony Venue Name Boat                                           11. Ceremony City, State Water, NJ
12. Is the reception in the same place? No, reception is a few 100 feet away from boat
13. If not, Reception Venue Name Love and Marriage Inn
14. Type of reception? (Dessert, Lunch, Hors d’oeuvres, Dinner) Hors d'oeuvres and dinner
15. Reception City, State Water, NJ
16. Will the reception (including cocktails) happen within an hour of the end of the ceremony? If no, list the time. Yes, cocktail hour first
17. Do you need guests to choose a meal? (if no, skip 18 and 19) Yes
18. Are you inviting children? Limited (flower girl, her sister, Ring bearer, his brother, 1 step nephew, 1 step-neice)
19. Is there a child's meal choice? Yes
20. Are you doing A/B list? No

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Bling3

Dalia and Joseph Smith

request the pleasure of your company
at the marriage of their daughter

Bride Middle
to
Groom Middle Last

son of
Cruelvil Disney
Happy Disney

Saturday, the ninteenth of June
two thousand ten
half after three o'clock

Boat 11
Water, New Jersey

Reception to follow
Love and Marriage Inn

Response card:

R.S.V.P. by the x of Ymonth

M ____________________

_ accepts _ declines

_ meal choice 1
_ meal choice 2

Just change the “meal choice #” to your available choices.

If you need to know exactly who gets which meal, you'll need to include one card for each person invited and you write in the name.

Please give good meal descriptions, not just "chicken" or "beef". Sauces and stuffings are especially important to list.

To find your response and mailing dates, you can use the textual representation at http://tinyurl.com/2dqqxy and a calendar or you can email me for a spreadsheet that does the calculations for you. two guys in love at gmail dot com

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Bling3 Posts : 54 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

Chad~ I tried your website but I could nto get it to work for me.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Bling3

theorlandobride Posts : 43 Registered: 11/8/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

I need some help!!

1. Hosts names? Henry and Judy Galvin; Bride and Groom Smith
2. Preferred name format? Mr, & Mrs. Smith
3. Is the wedding in a Church or on consecrated ground? yes
4. Are you having a Nuptial Mass? Do you want it mentioned? no
5. Are you a non-Christian religion? Which one? No
6. Relationship of hosts to you/groom? parents, ourselves
7. If groom’s parents are not hosting, do you want to list them as “son of...”? sure
8. Groom’s parents’ names? Jack & Tina Lester

9. Date AND Time December 31  - 8:30

10. Ceremony Venue Name St.  Matthew's Church

11. Ceremony City, State: Orlando, FL

12. Is the reception in the same place?  YES

13. If not, Reception Venue Name: same

14. Type of reception? dessert, hors d'oeuvres

15. Reception City, State  Orlando, FL

16. Will the reception (including cocktails) happen within an hour of the end of the ceremony? If no, list the time. yes

17. Do you need guests to choose a meal? no

20. A/B List? NO

Can I get the wording for invitation, response and reception card (if I need one)?

Thanks, Chad! 

Message was edited by: theorlandobride

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: theorlandobride

Mr. and Mrs. Henry Galvin

at the wedding of their daughter

Bride Middle
to
Groom Middle Last

son of
Mr. and Mrs. Jack Lester

Wednesday, the thirty-first of December 
two thousand eight
half after eight o'clock in the evening

Saint Matthew's Church
Orlando, FL

and afterwards at the reception  

--no nicknames (Jack?), full formal names only
--dad middles are optional, but nice
--check the formal name of the Church, sometimes St. Matthew's is actually Church of Saint Matthew

To get a headcount, you don't need a response card. The wording above will get one for you. However, if you feel like you need to use a response card, delete the response request (last line) above and use...
[b]R.S.V.P. by the x of Ymonth

M ____________________

_ accepts _ declines[/b]

I'm in Winter Park. :)

Chad ~ 11.19.05

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine