NWR-CUTE OR COMPLETELY ABSURD?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
NWR-CUTE OR COMPLETELY ABSURD?
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:12 PM

Yesterday FH and I were walking into a Chinese Restaurant in the City nearby. While we were walking toward the entrance of the restaurant, we both saw a woman and a man. The man was (very casually) holding his little boy's hand while (the boy) urinated in BROAD daylight right ON THE SIDE of the walkway IN FRONT of the entrance! The boy was, I'd say, around 3 years old. 

I do not have children. I didn't know quite what to think of this. For Christ's sake why couldn't the parents have the boy pee in the restaurant bathroom like any other civil human being?

I could give them the benefit of the doubt thinking the little one has a medical issue, but the restroom was right there! There were people all over the place!

Does anyone consider this behavior "cute" or "normal"?? FH says, awwww, he's just a little kid... 

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Re: NWR-CUTE OR COMPLETELY ABSURD?
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Eew...

I don't think cute here, I think disgusting. And there was a resturant right there too?

Y'know, I wonder at the mental faculties of people sometimes. I really, really do.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I think it might be a guy thing.  DH thinks it's funny and cute when my little cousins try to pee on our front lawn when they visit and the bathroom is a few feet away!  He thinks it's just hilarious.  Their dad taught them to pee outside in bushes now they think it's just the bee's knees haha.  But yeah I make them use the bathroom.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

Not cute at all. Totally and utterly disgusting. Ewwwww.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

My awesome partner LIZA helped me lose FOURTEEN POUNDS in Biggest Loser 6; and I won the big CASH prize!!!! Thanks Teammate!!! BL7 here we come with more weight loss....

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I'm going with completely absurb.

Public urination is not one of those things that you need to pass on to your kids.

This reminds me of an episode of "The Nanny" where the kid was afraid of the toilet and so refused to get properly potty trained, and so the mother would take the kid outside to pee.  Seriously, they would walk out of the house and the kid would pee in the bushes.  It was like the child was a dog -- "Do you have to go outside?  Let's take you for a walk!"

This is why I'm afraid of motherhood.  If my child were afraid of the toilet, I don't know what I'd do.  All the solutions I can think of would probably traumatize him for life. . .

Message was edited by: MsDenuninani

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Ill tell you one thing though... Id be SO disgusted by SEEING that ... I wouldnt go into the restaurant at all. Id turn right around and leave. I know the restaurant had nothing to do with it and that some kid peeing in the street has nothing to do with their food... I know this in my head... but it would just make me lose my appetite sooo fast that I would have to leave. Thats just totally gross and uncalled for. If they think its so damn cute, they should do it in their OWN yard; not on public property. Yuck.

My awesome partner LIZA helped me lose FOURTEEN POUNDS in Biggest Loser 6; and I won the big CASH prize!!!! Thanks Teammate!!! BL7 here we come with more weight loss....

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

crystalizeddreams Posts : 321 Registered: 10/18/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I bet his daddy wouldnt think it was so cute if he was fined for it. Its illegal to urinate in public

I MARRY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 4TH 2008!!

DANNY & LISA 10/04/08

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: crystalizeddreams

I thought it might be, but I wasn't going to bring it up cause I get laws and such mixed up so easily.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I don't think it is cute and agree that it is disgusting.  However, as the parent of 2 boys, I can share that sometimes when they have to go, they have to go RIGHT NOW, not in 10 feet or in 10 seconds.  This is especially true when they are still in the potty training age between 2-3 yrs and they don't consistently recognize their urges until it is urgent.
Love2uKiss

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: Love2u

Love2u - I STILL think thats no excuse; especially since OP said the father was "casually" holding the boys hand. To me; that doesnt scream emergency situation ... it seems as if this is normal practice or no big deal to these people. And thats gross. Have some common decency for other humans around you.

Even if it WAS an emergency; at the very LEAST; try to find a place thats a TAD bit more appropriate than right in front of a resaurant. I mean seriously ...

I dont have kids but I KNOW a lot of kids; family members and I was also a Nanny for over 3 years watching 3 boys this age ..and this kind of thing NEVER Happened. Yes; kids at times have to go and its urgent ..but not THAT urgent.

Sorry. I just think its nasty and theres not much reason for it.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

yeah...that's just gross....I'll never understand it...

Mrs. Pinky

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Men should be aware of the laws (and women too I suppose). A friend of our family has a grown adult son who is mentally disabled. He was outside in the front yard one day peed on a bush. Well the mother went out and stopped him but a next door neightbor called the police they were trying to charge him with a felony and make him a sex offender (gross imposition) well it got thrown out of course but only because they could prove he was mentally disabled.

Congrats and Best of Luck to All.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Oh thats absolutely disgusting.  I would have had to say something to the parents.  Not cool at all!
"All in need in this world of sin, is me and my boyfriend"

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Kelly, the woman actually smiled at me as if to say, "Isn't he cute?" That is the reason I thought maybe she thought it was cute. 

I mean, kids DO do a lot of cute things. But this was uh, for lack of a better word, supervised. I was afraid to tell you guys that I myself thought it was disgusting because I thought, well, not having kids, I just didn't understand. 

Beyonce. I was at a loss for words, really. I was appalled!

Linda Jo and Dean 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Dear Maine,

Gross. A three year old should be learning better manners. If he's not able to contain it until reaching a restroom, then he should be in diapers.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine