bridesmaid dilemma help!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Re: bridesmaid dilemma help!
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would tell her you want her to wear and up do and pick one out yourself.  

Gwennie Posts : 31 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 2:28 AM Go to message in response to: Staceykellum

staceykellum- the itworkspaste is a semi-liquid paste that you put on your moles, skintags, warts, age spots, and I read it even gets rid of genital warts...ewwwhhhh haven't needed it for that. But anyway, I tried it and you apply it for 20 minutes, then wipe it off. Nothing else other than prep it a bit. It's very simple. I've tried other products that are supposed to remove moles, but never worked after months of applications. The itworkspaste did the job!

Staceykellum Posts : 7 Registered: 8/18/07
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: Gwennie

Hey thanks for the info - I checked out this product and I see something you can get with it - emuscar or something - did you use that too? 

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 1:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's really great that you are paying for your girls to get your hair done and I totally understand about you wanting them to look formal- they would probably look out of place otherwise!  However, everyone has parts of their bodies that they are self-conscious about and I think it is important to be respectful of that.  Some people don't like their arms, others hate their stomachs, etc.  If you had, say, terrible varicose veins on your legs wouldn't you appreciate your friend having you wear a floor-length gown instead of tea-length?  Try to think of it along those lines.  And being in a bathing suit and being in a formal gown are two very different things. 

Perhaps you should get past the idea of everyone wearing their hair in the very same updo and let them get their hair done in a bride-approved formal style whether that be all up or half up/half down.  Trust me- half up/half down can look very formal.  I should know, it is how I wore my hair at my own wedding!  :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine