Ponytail? Opinions or photos requested please

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 4

dontknow Posts : 43 Registered: 8/28/07
Ponytail? Opinions or photos requested please
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 1:28 PM

I'm trying to save money and stress by doing my own hair and makeup for my wedding. I'm an expert at makeup  but a novice at hair. My hair is very long and slightly wavy. Would a low ponytail with just a sparkly barrett or flower look ok with a mermaid style dress? My other option is to flat iron my hair and keep it loose. (I'm good with a flat iron, but not as good with a regular blow out b/c of the lenght/ texture of my hair.)-- Does anyone have any ponytail bride photos they can post? Or is this idea really too silly? Thanks for the thoughts.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: Ponytail? Opinions or photos requested please
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: dontknow

I don't see why that wouldn't be a good idea. Have you talked to a friend or realive in the Wedding Party? Maybe they could help you out on wedding day and has a good idea on what to do.

Mrs. Pinky

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: dontknow

I think it'd look great! If you go on theknot.com (bad I know) they have hairstyles as well on there, you could practice and come up with something. I think your idea sounds great, it would be natural.

Here's a few pictures that I'm finding:

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: dontknow

Another super easy option would be to do a flipped pony tail. Put your hair in a low pony then loosen the band a little and put your fingers on either side of the band making room to put the hair through, then just flip your hair through the whole you've made towards your head and pull the hair through. Its super simple and looks really nice, especially with thicker curly hair. Mine is very straight and fine so I have to do it carefully or you can see where I split the hair to make the loop. Make sense?

dontknow Posts : 43 Registered: 8/28/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 7:12 AM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

thanks for the photos and ideas- everyone! I think those are styles I could do on my own :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine