BUTT UGLY !!

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 27

Amaryillis Posts : 139 Registered: 6/10/08
BUTT UGLY !!
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 4:35 PM

Message edited by Amaryillis to suit the gentle sensibilities of the board mavens who would NEVER be negative about anyone or anything.

What's the ugliest gown you've seen?

Have a blessed day!Cool

Message was edited by: Amaryillis

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Re: BUTT UGLY !!
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Let's hope she isn't a brides.com reader or I'd assume she won't be your client for long!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Ama - do you think its a good idea to be saying not so nice things about your clients or future clients on a public message board? I know you probably arent using your real name here; but as a planner myself; I would never talk about my clients behind their backs like that. Its just not professional. What if they came in here and read this and realized it was THEM you were calling Ugly? Just make sure you are completely anonymous if you are going to say things like that about people you are supposed to be helping.:)

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Your signature says: have a blessed day.

Sounds like you are a Christian, but you are not acting like one! I honestly hope your client or clients don't find you here on brides.  I would drop you like a hot potato!

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

self-edited to not stoop to the level this thread has sunk to

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

Looks like you are the nasty one.  That's too bad.  Perhaps you will be in a better mood tomorrow.  Have a blessed day!Cool Message was edited by: Amaryillis

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

LOLOLOL Ama - thank you for entertaining us today. You are too much. There is NO WAY IN HELL you are a real wedding planner though. Who would hire you? And who was "nasty" to you? NOONE. We are just telling you that you are being quite unprofessional toward your clients who count on you to help and support them. Not talk behind their backs. There is NO WAY you are a real working vendor. Im not sure what your point is,but youre funny. Thanks for the laugh.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

LizWearsTights Posts : 57 Registered: 8/20/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: Amaryillis

Amaryllis,

I never saw the beginning of this thread before you edited it, but I would like for you to know that I don't think you are a bad person at all : ) 

Some gowns are just ugly, and it is perfectly fine to talk about them in the anonymity of an internet forum.  Other people are just uptight, that's all.

The ugliest gown I've ever seen is in the latest issue of Modern Bride.  It looks like a giant circus tent/coat. 

http://mondaybear.com

SDIwifey1207 Posts : 346 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: LizWearsTights

Ladies-

As I have learned in my life and more-so recently, there are better ways of letting someone know you don't agree with their choices. What I mean is, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Simply ignoring this thread would have done the job. If saying something is what you feel the need to do, being polite is most appreciated. :)

<3 I'm so in love with my hunni bunni <3

Dec 29 ,2007

Formerly MrsEichel1207

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: LizWearsTights

I agree with you Liz, some gowns are ugly; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

To Amaryllis, if you are the wedding planner then isn't it your fault your client chose such an "ugly" dress.  Aren't  you suppose to help her with her selections.  She's paying you for your direction and advice.  If you just told her that an ugly dress was beautiful and now you are bashing her choice then that doesn't make you a very good planner.  

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: SDIwifey1207

shortlittlebride Posts : 30 Registered: 5/31/08
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

Negative posts like this don't help brides to be.  I know all of us have our own opinions (not all of them are positive and that's OK), but this board is somewhere I can go to feel better about planning and find other people going through the same thing.  Finding a dress was completely nerve racking and a huge financial commitment.  Brides to be are already stressed enough and they don't need to read posts bashing other brides decisions. 

I support discouraging posts like this one!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine