APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

stfballplayer7 Posts : 271 Registered: 3/17/08
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

going to DAvid's Bridal tomorrow.. his mom has already started complaining.. it's too far... we'll be gone all day.. BLAH BLAH BLAH! i

know it is a little bit of a drive.. about 1.5 hours.. but Seriously! it's not like she even has to drive anywhere! my mum is picking her and her daughter up at their house and my mum and aunt are driving down and back... so she doesn't really need to pay for anything.

then she was like you guys BETTER get your dresses there on Sunday.. like it was up to her.. i like to look around and decide in time.. unless i do find something PERFECT. but i know my mum and aunt have no problem if i don't find something i like tomorrow..

but it is really annoying me. she kept going on and on about it for hours... i finaaly got to the point and told her if it would be that big of a burden then she didn't have to go! then she was like no, i'll go. if she complains like that tomorrow i might just have them leave her down there! lmao.

but yea.. sorry about that i needed to vent a little bit.. you guys are the best <3

now that i'm done.. you guys seem like you are doing great...

the wine glasses look AMAZINGG.. i would NEVER be able to do that... not artistic at ALL.. lol.

and i'm sorry to hear about your mom's birthday burgler... i would be scared sh*tless... but my dad would be like yours.. outside w/ the gun... we live near a prison and there was an escapee.. i was soo.. scared and wouldn't leave the house. lol. but i am glad no one got hurt..

THE FUTURE MRS. B.R. HERB  4/13/09

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Ruby- I have shoes almost just like that.  The ones I have were from K-Mart and they are super comfy. 

Chevy- A) From your pic in your profile, it's not like you're a fluffy muffin.  B) We have just about 9 months till the wedding day.  I would advise you visit your PCP or fave doc to check and see what kind of diet they recommend with all your meds.  It's never good to try to crash diet 1 month before the wedding....you'll kill yourself with stress!  C) You're already pretty....everyone on here is and being thin or loosing weight too quickly can make you look worse (ashy or crack-headed thin) than having an extra 10 lbs around the middle. 

Sftball- I will say a prayer for you!  I didn't even take FMIL or my mom with me when I went dress shopping.  I just went with MOH.  Then, I sold the dress I bought at DB for more than I bought it for.  I got a knock off dress that I'm now in love with.  People stress me out when shopping.  Like I said, I'll say a prayer for you.  Slip her a Xanax in her coffee when you pick her up.  lmao j/k

Here's a back up lie if you don't find any dresses.  Tell her you can't get your dresses on Sunday for BM because the end of summer sale won't be till August so you'll save a lot of money.  haha

Thanks again about the glasses.  As aforementioned, I can't draw on canvas or paper to save my life.  Glass is nice because if you F it up, it's really easy to fix or blend the colors to make it look like you "meant to do it" that way. 

Oh, and the whole incident with the robber was scary at first, but hilarious as the situation progressed.  The cops showed up at our house not 2 minutes after my dad shot at the guy.  We had all assumed that they confiscated his gun as it was part of a crime.  Later that day, I saw his gun in the house.  I asked if they gave it back to him.  He said "Gave it back?  I ditched it before they got to me."  That is so my father!  lol

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha that absoluetely cracks me up!  FFIL would do something like that.  I swear to you, if there is ever a war in Mississippi I'm heading straight for his house because he would definitely put up one hell of a fight!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Softball ~ DB doesn't always have the best BM dresses, and I agree, wait until the end of summer, when they have their $99 sale because you can save money that way.  FMIL should not be able to dictate when you get your dresses.  I think it's really nice of you to ask her to go.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Okay.. i got back from DB a little bit ago.. I found a few drees i like... but are on my aunt's camera.. so i will get them up here when i get them..

my 2 BM found dresses that they liked a lot. so all i need to do is get them ordered in my colours. My mum said she would help pay for them. i can also post pics. of them... when i get my copy. i think that they look okay on them. not sundresses like i wanted... but close enough... they like them a lot so i will get them what they like.

my MOH and i had a little trouble finding a dress for her... but that is always the case w/ my sister. but we found one that she kinda likes.. but i wnat to  find one that she really likes.

my FG found a TON of dresses she likes... i can also get a few of them up on here when i get my copies... but they didn't have the dress FH and I would really like her to have... the ones with the flower petals in the bottom lacing... but she was trying on a few of the tiaras. we are planning to get her one...

we didn't find any mothers' dresses... but i hope that will be a pretty easy task...

as for his mom... didn't really say much at first and then made comments about which dress i was going to buy... i said i'm not sure yet.. and she glarred at me. haha. i didn't end up buying one today... but i am going to compare with the pics and decide from there. after that we walked around the mall for a bit and tried finding a mothers dress else where.. and nothing... she was like you know it is (whatever time it was then).. i was like yea... we are looking for mothers dresses... unless you really want to make another trip down here.. lol.

well... off to a birthday party now... woo hoo! i just found out about it last night... it's always nice to know at the last minute... lol. but i will try to get her to get those pics to me ASAP.

as for the $99 dress sale.. i think that the dresses we were looking at were already on sale for that... but i'm not 100% positive...

Take Care Ya'll. NINE months to go! Don't stress too much. = ]

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 10:41 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Sftball- My ticker clicked over to 8 months. It freaked me out when I logged on and saw it.  I was with FH when I logged on to brides.com.  I said, "Boo, it says 8!  Just last week it was 9!"  He just started laughing at me.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha- lol. yea. it is deff. sneaking up on me...

and as for befor... i was just informed like 5 mins. ago... that my sisters, one MOH and the other BM, decided they didn't want the dresses we decided on today. it was out of nowhere... they both said they LOVED them and the colours were fine and now this... i was so excited and now... idk.. i am a little upset now... but i guess everything will be okay..

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha,

Thank you for the kind words.  I now weight 30 pounds MORE than I did in that picture....That's the weight I want to get back to.  I'm gonna wait until I'm done with the IV's before I do anything weight wise.  I just have this feeling that the IV's are going to kick my butt.  So, I'd rather give myself the month to just relax & get healthy again, and then, like you said, go see my doc and get this extra "fluff" off  :) 

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

If they are all about the same size (meaning no larger plus sizes as those are harder to find in matching styles/colors), then hit up Macys, Dillards, Sears, or even JCPennys for mad end of summer sales.  I know they had aqua colored (dressy) dresses out the wazoo.  None of them were over $100

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Sftball,

I am so sorry.  Between your FMIL complaining before-hand & then the girls complaining after, they are not making your life any easier!!  :)  I hope that everyone gets those sticks out of their behinds for ya!!  :)  Can't wait to see the pics  :)

BTW, with me going on these IV's, I should have LOTS more time to go looking for those door handles!!  LOL  :)

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

CathrynRae Posts : 2 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 3:21 AM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

hey y'all,

my wedding is scheduled for april 11th. my mom says i shouldn't have it the day before Easter, but that's what i want.  i already have my dress and i have an idea of what i want my maids to wear. we're having a really country wedding, so the guys are gonna be wearing wranglers, western shirts, and cowboy hats instead of tuxes. also instead of wine glasses, we're gonna do our toast from long neck bottles. my colors are hot pink, lime green, purple, and bright orange. if anyone has any other ideas for my country wedding i would sure appreciate it.

thanks!Laughing

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: CathrynRae

Hi CathrynRae! Welcome to the thread. My wedding is April 4. We were thinking of the 11th, but I talked to the ceremony location's reverend he said the same thing as your mom. He explained it more, that the church is supposed to be more reserved during that time. So talk to whoever is going to marry you and see what they say. Some might not do it. Luckily my stepdad is/was ordained online and the day doesn't matter to him (that's why we changed our date 5 times before stopping on the 4th).

But again, welcome to the boards. We love pictures - any pictures of the dresses?

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

Just checking my ticker

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;0/st/20090404/e/Our+Wedding/dt/11/k/1bb8/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: CathrynRae

Cathryn,

WELCOME TO APRIL '09 BRIDES. = ] We are happy to help you throughout your planning process and also happy to hear your opinions. and your help with ours..

I get a lot of stuuf from some people as well because my wedding date is the day AFTER Easter. but the pastor is okay with it and the immediate family is too (i haven't heard any complaints). But some people just go crazy on me... When i picked the date i wasn't even thinking... when's Easter.. i want it RIGHT after Easter... lol. We started dating on Dec. 13th and we wanted it to be on the 13th of a month.. and April because it is not too cold yet not too hot yet either... and soon after we set the date.. i realized that it was my greatgrams b-day (she has passed away). so all in all i LOVE the date we chose and i don't plan on changing it for anyone..

We are going to try another dress place tomorrow.... hope everything turns out well. = ]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine