APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

DennaAllred Posts : 62 Registered: 10/6/07
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

love the glasses. i wish i was artist. weird jakes moms birthday is tommorow  that is neat. we are going to all the antique stores to bye tea cups for all the guest, kinda stays with the graden party idae. I found a website that sells BUTTERFLIES!! its like 95 dollars for 1 dozen but it is something that i have never seen and it will set mine apart from all my friends weddings lol but they come with cute little boxes that you can put them in now all i need to do is convince the guys to carry a cute little box down the isle. lol

The Future Mrs. Denna Allred

www.DennaAndJacob.ourweddingday.com

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:29 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Love the glasses!  Way more creative than I would be!  Let me know how those trained monkeys work out.  Maybe when you're done I can hire them to plan the rest of my wedding.

Do you ladies think that if we do a candy buffet it would be okay to put a note on the tables that we are donating to a charitable cause in the name of our wedding guests?  I know there is a bunch of controversy over this, and I suggested buying those Steve Irwin memorial bracelets, but FH shot down that idea. 

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

MandD Posts : 24 Registered: 1/9/08
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:56 AM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Hey 77chevy,

"Vow to Wow"? I'm loss. Is this a brides.com idea? My fiance and I recently signed up for a gym membership and are on a quest to getting fit for the wedding. I too have gained more than 20 pounds since being with Dave. While I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress, i will not feel completely comfortable in it without losing at least 15 pounds. I don't want to go under my normal (the weight that I've been for the past few years) weight; I just need to shed the extra pounds. What are you doing to get motivated? Did you find a work out buddy yet? Can you get your fiance to do it with you?

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: MandD

MandD- Vow to Wow is a brides.com thing.  The link is here http://www.brides.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=37&market=all.  It's under the Health forums.  People who have lost weight or who are losing weight are keeping each other inspired and giving tips.  I know you asked Chevy about that, but I thought I'd help the process along.  She's 2 hours behind east coast time. 

Oh, and I gained 30 pounds when I started dating my FH.  He worked nights.  I'd eat my dinner and then again with him.  I just got trapped in bad eating habits.  I lost 45 lbs.  I have kept it off 1 yr and 6 months.  All I did to lose the weight was take a B-50 vitamin in the morning and count calories.  I never went over 1200 calories and 40 fat grams.  Besides that, I could eat anything I wanted.  I used the website calorieking.com to look at all the calories in foods I ate a lot.  I still follow my diet except now I have allowed myself to average 1800-2000 calories a day.  I do yoga and pilates.  I jog once or twice a week.  My biggest help was FH dieting with me.  He's a guy so he lost a ton more weight.  He went from 275 down to 195.  (I hate him for losing much more easily than I did.) 

Oh, and it only took me from Feb 14th to the end of April to lose the weight.  I was 200 pounds.  Now, I bounce between 155-160 (It's a 160 week this week since it's "that time" and I can't seem to eat enough salty foods lol).  For being 6' tall, I'm at my average weight.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Ruby and D- Thanks for the kind words about the glasses.  I'm not an artist either.  I couldn't draw on canvas or paper to save my life.  I don't know why I'm able to paint the glasses.  Go figure. 

Ruby- I don't think it's dumb at all about your candy buffet with the donation.  I'm only doing the wine glasses because Rob is Italian and I got them all for $50 which is pretty cheap.  Overall, I haven't given two craps about the favors I've gotten at weddings.  I went to the wedding for the people.  I'm sure no one will mind at all.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

ok to all the photo junkies i have finally found out how to put the pictures on here lol so here is the boxes that hold the butterflies and the famous butterfly lol also the favors to go with them.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha - Were you exercising while you counted calories?  Just curious because I absoluetely hate going to the gym and it's about all I can do to drag my fat ass once a week.  I've got to do something to loose weight.

I have never really liked the favors either, but I do know some people have very strong opinions that you should give them to your guests.  I am fine with donating money and not giving favors, but wanted some other opinions.  We're doing the candy buffet and really cute bottles of bubbles that I would take home if I were a guest.

Deanna~ Are those the butterflies that are like $95 a piece?  They are pretty, but do you only get one for that price?  How many are you going to let go?  The boxes are cute, but if you're looking to cut costs you could probably DIY them.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

no they are 95 for a dozon. so we are only getting a dozon and just having the wedding party and the moms and grandmas letting them go. there is 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen andthe 2 moms and 2 grandmas so it all works out. so 12 butterflies and 12 little boxez add up to 158.00 which would by my persent to me from him lol i am such a con but if we dont have the money i will diy the little boxez which i think would so be more personal. lol i love it. but i saw the add in a back of mag for the butterflies and i fell in love with the idea and fh knows how much it means to me. he gets personalized converse and i get butterlies. lol it all works out.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Ruby- I will have 4 billion people on here telling me I'm wrong.  However, my doctor told me NOT to go to the gym AT ALL in the first 2 months of my diet.  She said that I had to lose the watery fat first because if I was exercising at the same time I was denying my body of a lot of calories that my body would store it.  I would actually gain weight because the muscles would develop under the fat and I'd be bigger.  I was an avid gym goer when I was fluffy and I couldn't figure out why I kept getting bigger.  My doc had me stop doing the gym.  I would do some deep yoga stretches, but no weights or high impact stuff.  Hope that helps. 

D- I love the butterflies.  Very elegant.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha~ That does help.  I might have to try that.  I only want to loose about 30 pounds and I cannot make myself go to the gym.  I'm going to try this and see if it works.  Thanks for the advice.  FH is gone for four and a half more months whic is good, because he cooks everynight, which is why I've gained 30 pounds!

Lao Tzu

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Hey all!  Totally NWR, but I just found out I need to go on IV antibiotics for a month.  My oral antibiotics were just not cutting it (and making me very sick).  So, I have to have a pic line put in.  A pic line is like an iv catheter on steroids!  LOL.  It's a long line that feeds through your vein all the way to just above your heart.  Its' the only type of IV that can last for a month.  

I also can't get it wet, which means I can't do my physical therapy which is REALLY gonna suck.  I'll only be able to do limited stretches & stuff at home for the next month.  I'm supposed to be able to work with it in, though.

So, I'm kinda bummed and stressed at the moment.  Definitely NOT in wedding mode  :(  This month had better go fast!  LOL

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha,

That's hysterical that he shot him in the foot!  I'm cracking up right along with ya!!  :)  LOL 

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Musha,

The glasses are BEAUTIFUL!!!  You have some serious talent!!  I LOVE them!!!  :)  Keep up the amazing work, girl!  :) 

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: MandD

Hey MandD!!

I saw someone already told you...Yes, vow to wow is here on brides.com  I never did find a partner.  FH has been supportive, but now with all this medical crap, I can't do much of anything.  I'm hoping that once I'm done with the IV antibiotics, I can at least just get out and walk every day...I'm so frustrated that I just don't feel well enough to do anything, and my gut ain't going away!  :)

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Okay ladies, I changed my shoes.  I just found these great shoew at Famous Footwear for $10.  They're better than the others because I have to walk across grass and now I don't have to worry about them sinking.  I just need to wear them a couple of times to stretch them out because they are just a tiny bit tight.  Plus, I can find flip flops that have the same heel height and wear those as a backup.

Lao Tzu

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine